Recipe Review: Shrimp la diabla

This is from the first volume of Sabor Latino, and I decided to make it tonight.

Time to prepare: 25 minutes
    Cost: ~$20
    Ease of preparation: 4/5

I purchased easy peel shrimp so that I would not have to do the deveining myself. I put the rice in the Rice Cooker Plus and immediately set to work on peeling the shrimp, which took about 10 minutes. This step is what caused me to give it a 4/5 on ease because some people may think it's a pain. I had no problems with it though. While that was done, I spent another 5 minutes or so chopping the onion and putting the chiles in the blender.

Overall, this recipe is delicious and is beautiful on the plate. One word of caution though -- the spice is EXTREME. I'm eating as I'm typing this and my eyes are watering, my nose is running, and my lips are throbbing.

The recipe calls for 30 dried chiles de arbol, but I think the next time I make it (and I will), I will halve that amount. If you like spicy food, you should love this!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails photo.jpg  

I get so excited when I see you post a review...because I know there will be a picture with it!

thanks for the "review". I don't get to cook anymore...except at parties...because we are so busy with the restaurant we just eat there. However, we are about to downsize a little. While we will still have a restaurant the hours and location is changing and I am so excited about getting to cook real food again. My son loves to order Shrimp Diabla at the Mexican restaurant we take him to for a treat. He will be so excited that we can make it at home...lol

Quote Quote by ChefBeckyD View Post
    I get so excited when I see you post a review...because I know there will be a picture with it!
    Thanks Becky!! You know on my facebook I have a whole album of food pictures.

Quote Quote by leftymac View Post
    Thanks Becky!! You know on my facebook I have a whole album of food pictures.
    Hey - I need to friend you! I'm going to find you....

Okay, Keith - I just friended you...

I used to visit the message board for my area on Chowhound.com pretty regularly and one guy would ALWAYS post pics with his restaurant reviews. It was amazing. I can't imagine sitting in a restaurant taking all those pics, but I certainly enjoyed them!

Hi,

Can anyone share the Shrimp a La Diabla recipe with me? I need a copy. Thanks.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

1. Recipe Review: Chipotle Shrimp Scampi
    By pamperedlinda in Recipes and Tips
    Replies: 1
    02-26-2009, 08:01 AM
  2. Shrimp recipe catalog P.15
    By pkd09 in Recipes and Tips
    Replies: 1
    08-11-2008, 08:07 AM
  3. Shrimp Recipe
    By pamyarian@sbcglobal.net in Recipes and Tips
    Replies: 4