Oopps, forgot to buy chicken broth

I'm out of chicken broth, but I do have bouillon cubes. How many cups of broth is in a 14.5 oz can? I'm just trying to figure out how many cubes and how much water to use to substitute.

almost 2 cups in 14.5 oz. (2 cups is 16 oz)
    Bouillon can be saltier than chicken broth, so becareful not to add to much extra salt to the recipe.

Thanks, I was thinking it was just shy of 2 cups, but wasn't positive. I am kind of nervous to go ahead and make this. I'm making the Speedy Pork Fried Rice. I also had just run out of the Asian seasoning and so I followed the substitution recommendation at the bottom of the recipe card. Of course, I also didn't have fresh ginger root on hand, so I had to substitute that for the dry kind (I used less). So here my recipe is full of substitutions! Also, the recipe called for salt and I had just put it in w/ the pork, and the substitution called for salt, so I put that in w/ the meat. So then the next step mentioned the broth and I thought, "Oh NO!"

Needless to say, I served the kids chicken nuggets and sliced pears and I'm waiting on my dinner. DH works late, so I tend to cook later now. At this point, I might as well wait for him and ask him to pick up a can of broth on his way home.

I really enjoyed this dish... If it needs a little something because of the substitutions... add the spicy peanut sauce - YUM!

Amanda, I only use the bullion cubes and dont ever leave the salt out of recipes. I have yet to do the pork and rice recipe but mine always turn out fine.

I ended up making it w/ chicken broth. DH called and we needed a couple other things, so he made a quick trip to the store. We ate at 9:30!! I can't wait for school to start, I'll be so much more normal and back on a schedule.

The recipe was good. I think maybe next time I'd toast some almonds or put cashews or something in there just for fun and to have something a little crunchy.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

1. Forgot my key PC Piece!
    By gailz2 in Chef's Lounge
    Replies: 21
    12-17-2008, 10:49 PM
  2. I almost forgot!!!!!
    By janetupnorth in Congrats to...
    Replies: 15
    02-06-2008, 01:08 PM
  3. I FORGOT to use my PC dollars!!
    By jrstephens in General business Tips
    Replies: 9