Kid friendly chicken nuggets
Does anyone know how to make these at home? I swear I keep Perdue in business with their Dinosaur Chicken nuggets!
I use the Crunchy Whole-Grain Chicken Bites recipe from 29 Minutes Vol I - DS, who is 5 helps me make them, and we all love them at our house.
Love it! I don't have the cook book so I'll have to try to get my hands on it!
Oh yeah, we buy a lot of those! My kids will probably be eating those with mac-n-cheese for dinner tonight, because DH and I are having Jerk Chicken Nachos and my DD won't touch them, DS will sometimes, but not if you're counting on him eating them. Guess I'll have to try that recipe sometime too.
Quote by dkitten13
for a real quick fix........cut chicken in small cubes, dip in ranch dressing and then crush corn flakes and roll the chicken in the corn flakes and bake on the large bar pan.
check the files here.
Quote by dkitten13
Crunchy Whole-Grain Chicken Bites:
Dressing & Slaw
½ cup (125mL) reduced fat sour cream
2 Tbsp (30mL) reduced fat mayonnaise
1 pkg (1oz/28g) dry ranch dressing mix, divided
5 stalks of celery
1 lb (500g) chicken tenders
Remaining dry ranch dressing mix from dressing, divided
1 egg white
6 cups (1.5L) whole-grain chips (5oz/150g) (Sun Chips)
¼ tsp (1mL) paprika
Hot Sauce & crumbled blue cheese (optional)
1. Preheat oven 400 F (200 C). For dressing, in Small Batter Bowl, whisk together sour cream, mayonnaise & 1 tsp (15mL) of the dressing mix (reserve remaining dressing mix for chicken); set aside.
2. For chicken, cut chicken tenders into 1 ½- in. (4cm) pieces. Whisk together 1 tbsp (15mL) of the reserved dressing mix & egg white in Classic Batter Bowl. Crush chips using flat side of Meat Tenderizer in resealable plastic bag; add remaining dressing mix & paprika & shake well.
3. Add chicken to egg white mixture; mix well to coat. Add half of the coated chicken to crumb mixture; shake to coat with crumbs & arrange in a single layer on Rectangle Stone. Repeat with remaining coated chicken & crumbs.
4. Spray chicken generously with oil using Kitchen Spritzer. Bake 14-16 minutes or until chicken is golden brown & centers are no longer pink. Remove from oven.
5. Meanwhile, for slaw, thinly slice celery on the bias. Peel carrots; cut into julienne strips using Julienne Peeler. Combine celery & carrots with ¼ cup (50mL) 0f the dressing; mix well. To serve, divide chicken & slaw among serving plates; serve with remaining dressing for dipping. If desired, drizzle chicken with hot sauce & crumble blue cheese over dressing.
Yield: 4 servings
U.S. nutrients per serving: Calories 390, Total Fat 13g, Saturated Fat 4g, Cholesterol 80mg, Carbohydrate 36g, Protein 31g, Sodium 880mg, Fiber 5g
U.S. Diabetic exchanges per serving: 2 starch, 3 ½ low-fat meat, ½ fat (2 carb)
My grandson (nearly 3) will eat 1-2 whole chicken tenders when we use this recipe! He loves them!
Crunchy Whole-Grain Chicken Bites ---sounds YUMMY!
I just finished a Kids in the Kitchen class tonight and we made these Chicken Nuggets. They were a HUGE hit! Quick, easy and delicious.
That recipe sounds yummy. I will have to try it.
At our house, we get the box of Zatarain's breading (Southern style is my kiddos fave). I cut the chicken up and roll it in this and fry it with some Smart Balance oil. It is all I can do to keep their little paws off of the plate before all of them are done. They love them!
Similar Pampered Chef Threads
By smilesarepriceless in Recipes and Tips
06-18-2008, 11:07 PM
By ChefSheryl in Theme Shows
02-02-2008, 12:28 AM
By wadesgirl in Products and Tips
01-17-2008, 03:30 PM
By KHolmes in Recipes and Tips
04-22-2007, 10:24 PM
By AJPratt in Chef's Lounge
11-26-2006, 04:19 PM
Tags for this Thread