Like Tree21Likes

Ideas for the Cocotte

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I got the new cocotte free and I'm looking at it wondering what I would make it in. I need some ideas so I can share with my customers!
    VeronicaW likes this.

I don't understand why this item isn't a stone (mini covered baker).

Quote Quote by BethCooks4U View Post
    I don't understand why this item isn't a stone (mini covered baker).
    That was my first thought when it came out. All of the instructions read just like stoneware only it's glazed on the inside and out.

Quote Quote by wadesgirl View Post
    That was my first thought when it came out. All of the instructions read just like stoneware only it's glazed on the inside and out.
    But it won't cook things quite the same. I'm interested in ideas too - besides roasting garlic.

It's basically a Brie backer. So you can heat up your Brie in it, but would also be nice for any hot dips. I will probably still be using the small round baker for either, but that's what a cocotte is for. It's not something we invented. lol

I am thinking any of our Brie recipes or dip recipes would work.

Dictionary.com definition of Cocotte: a round or oval casserole, usually of earthenware or fireproof porcelain, used especially for cooking an individual portion of meat, fowl, or game.

Perhaps we can market it to singles for cooking meat?? We all have to put our thinking caps on.

It will be great for oatmeal at work - if you have to answer the phone, simply put the lid back on and it should keep it warm until you get back to it.

Mix your Cup a Soup in it or personal meatloaf,
    vminaudo likes this.

I've been doing some reasearch on these. Here are some ideas I found (mostly for individual servings) baked puddings, eggs, individually-sized lasagnas or casseroles, french onion soup, individual desserts, sheppards pie, a gravy boat (just add a small ladel), mac n cheese....really anything in an individual size or could also be used to put a can of veggies in at supper. Not sure if a whole can would fit or not, but it would be cute!

You can even use it to store your salt in it and keep it on your counter (Like Rachael Ray)!
    MagenOaks01 likes this.

We made a breakfast casserole over the weekend...my daughter-in-law is a vegetarian so I put her portion in the cocotte...no oil (I wanted to see how it would do) and it worked perfectly! My daughter-in-law was impressed, but thought it was a little pricey for a single serving piece.

I used mine yesterday to reheat leftover penne w/ meatballs from the night before. We had put the leftovers in a large container, so I figured I'd just dish out what I want in the cocotte so it could be covered in the microwave while it cooked instead of putting it in a regular bowl and needing to cover it. Worked great and kept it nice and warm for me.

I wondered too, why our stoneware manufacturers didn't make this product. Maybe it would have been too expensive so we went to China and hence the inside glaze. I hope this is not a trend for our stoneware....I love that it's made in the US. I think any baked dip, artichoke, spinach, taco would be a wonderful use for this product. I remember seeing hot dips on the Better Homes/Gardens website a few months ago. For a selling tip - talk about taking a hot dip to an event over the holidays and giving to the host as a gift.

I can't wait to get this one. I'm going to be using it for baked soups a lot, but I also like to make individual shepherd's pies and so on.

I think we're missing out a bit, marketing it for dips or brie. If that's what you're using it for, you only need 1! If you're using it to make cheese-topped baked soups or shepherd's pie or mac and cheese... suddenly you need enough for the whole family.

I'm going to try and use this as much as possible and will keep a list--with that in mind, I poured a full 22 oz. can of Bush's Baked Beans in it to heat them in the oven while I cooked some chicken. It all fit nicely.

I am hoping we get more recipes that call for roasted garlic! I LOVE roasted garlic and doing it in the microwave in the batter bowl isn't quite the same. This will be so nice for it, and I'm hoping this will lead to other things...it has so many health benefits. Roasting it just gives it another level of flavor.

(Thanks for the other ideas too, though.)

Has some creative people put together a Cocotte recipe booklet yet?

I just had someone buy 2 Cocottes as gifts so I put together a few recipes for her in an OpenOffice file. There're only 5, but they're already in one place! If someone can tell me how to post them, I'd be glad to do it. Also, any recipe that worked for the Mini Oval Baker PC used to sell would work. That was 2 cups and the Cocotte is 3 cups.

My daughter asked to borrow mine for Thanksgiving so she can take frozen peas in it...thought that was funny!

Quote Quote by CookinWithLynda View Post
    I just had someone buy 2 Cocottes as gifts so I put together a few recipes for her in an OpenOffice file. There're only 5, but they're already in one place! If someone can tell me how to post them, I'd be glad to do it. Also, any recipe that worked for the Mini Oval Baker PC used to sell would work. That was 2 cups and the Cocotte is 3 cups.

When you are posting a reply to the thread, be sure you "go advanced" so you get all of the edit options. At the top, where you see things like Bold, Italics, Underline, fonts, sizes, etc.....you'll see a Paperclip symbol. That is what you click on to add an attachment. A new window pops up and you click on the first "Browse" button to then find the file on your computer. Once you find it and select it, hit "Upload". Once it uploads, you'll see it listed in the box. Close the window, and finish your message.
    CookinWithLynda likes this.

Facebook:
    Visit
    Quote Quote by CookinWithLynda View Post
    Was this ever posted? only saw a jpeg & pub. file of the same image....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

1. Need ideas for FR
    By kam in Fundraisers
    Replies: 9
    03-23-2010, 08:57 PM
  2. Need ideas!!
    By milkangel in Increasing Sales
    Replies: 4
    05-17-2008, 04:01 PM
  3. Sip & Dip Ideas
    By Princess in Recipes and Tips