Huge cookie on the round stone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Okay, so I wrote earlier how I want to season my large round stone w/ handles. I went to the store today and bought 2 kinds of dough. I'm really in the mood for the chocolate chip cookie kind.

So, is there is certain volume of dough we use? I don't want to use too much and have it "grow" too big and go off the edge. That happened to me once when I tried to wing it. Of course that was a while ago and now I don't even remember how much I tried using that day.

I JUST made the chocolate chip sensation from the old Delightful Desserts book. It called for an 18 oz package of cookie dough with the large round stone.

Great thanks!! Off to bake now.

Um, Beth? I'm back...Can you help me a little bit more?

What time and temp do you think? And should I let the dough get soft first and then shape it with the bakers roller? Do I spray the bakers roller? Do I flour it? Or do I shape it some other way and do it when the dough is straight from the fridge?

I feel so silly...

Amanda - here are the directions for the Choc. Chip Sensation.....it tells you what you need to know.

BTW - this is an awesome recipe!

(Delightful Desserts...pg 18)

1 (18 oz) pkg refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
    1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese, softened
    1/3 cup sugar
    1 pint (2 cups) cold half-and-half
    1 (3.9 oz) pkg chocolate instant pudding and pie filling
    1/4 cup chopped nuts

1. Preheat oven to 350F. Shape cookie dough into a ball in center of Large Round Stone. Using lightly floured Baker's Roller, roll out dough to 12-inch circle, about 1/4 inch thick. Bake 12-15 minutes or until edge is set. (Cookie will be soft. Do not overbake). Cool 10 minutes. Carefully loosen cookie from Baking Stone using Serrated Bread Knife; cool completely on Baking Stone.

2. In Small Batter Bowl, mix cream cheese and sugar until well blended; set aside. Pour half-and-half into Classic Batter Bowl; add pudding mix and whisk 2 minutes using Stainless Steel Whisk. Let stand 5 minutes until thickened.

3. Spread cream cheese mixture over thoroughly cooled cookie to within 1/2 inch of edge using Large Spreader. Spread pudding over cream cheese. Sprinkle with nuts. Cut into wedges using Slice 'N Serve. Serve immediately or refrigerate.

Makes 16 servings.

Thanks Becky! You beat me to it.

Quote Quote by BethCooks4U View Post
    Thanks Becky! You beat me to it.
    LOL - she sounded urgent (like she was standing there with the dough in her hand!) - and I didn't know when/if you'd be around!

Quote Quote by ChefBeckyD View Post
    LOL - she sounded urgent (like she was standing there with the dough in her hand!) - and I didn't know when/if you'd be around!
    Hey! No worries! I would have had to type it in and it looks like you probably had it already written up. That's what we're here for - to back each other up. Better to get 3 answers than none at all!!

Shoot! Now I just think I need to make that whole darn recipe it sounds so good! And I have those ingredients (well, not the 1/2 and 1/2, but I wonder if I could just use a little whipping cream and some 2% milk).

So I take that big log shape and mold it into a round ball first? Oh ladies, wish me luck on that! I can see myself making a disaster out of this.

Okay, so when all is said and done...will I be able to transfer this to a round platter? I want to use this stone tomorrow. Maybe I better stick to just making the cookie and then breaking it up in to pieces for us to snack on tonight.

I should keep this short and sweet cause I still need to clean my house and do some food prep for the party tomorrow! And dinner! I haven't figured out what we're doing for dinner tonight! LOL

Quote Quote by ChefBeckyD View Post
    Just about! I preheated the oven to 375 and plopped the dough on the stone, looked at it and came running back to my computer.

We tried to transfer it and it started to fall apart but then when it was totally cool it worked with the lifters that we used to sell.

I was so sad when I heard those got discontinued. I was just a customer then and didn't use my stone or bake anything that much, so I didn't understand how great a tool it was.

Hey! Guess what?! The flexible cutting mats were awesome at going under the cookie and lifting it off the stone and transporting it to the round platter! I'm so excited to have found another method for this! (and heck, another use for those mats!)

Items for Sale
    My first choice is to use parchment paper so I can transfer the cookie on the counter to cool and then remove paper. If I put the dough directly on the stone I use the large spreader or bread knife to loosen it from the stone after it has cooled for just a few minutes.
    Enjoy your cookie!

Yeah, parchment paper is a great idea. I'll do that next time. This time though I was wanting it directly on the stone so it would help season my new stone. I used the bread knife to loosen it first and then used the flexible cutting mats to scoot under and lift it.

Quote Quote by babywings76 View Post
    Yeah, parchment paper is a great idea. I'll do that next time. This time though I was wanting it directly on the stone so it would help season my new stone. I used the bread knife to loosen it first and then used the flexible cutting mats to scoot under and lift it.
    Did you use two mats or just slide one under the cookie?

I used 2, one for each hand. Worked great!

Amanda,

I'm glad you asked about volume of dough needed. One time I grabbed the Walmart brand cookie that was bigger than the recipe required. It went over the edges and caught on fire in my oven. Very exciting. Luckily I was doing this at home and not at a party.

Only because I'm reading this old post (thanks for Chocolate Chip Sensation, my PC is acting up and I can't access my saved file), I have to add in my two cent's worth. If you have the Color-coated Serrated Bread Knife, it will work like a charm in loosening the cookie from the stone and once it has cooled completely, you can just push it around! The Forged Cutlery Bread Knife is too thick to work well. I transport on my stone if I bake it ahead of time.

Facebook:
    Visit
    Twitter:
    Visit
    What about the Lift and Serve?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

1. Med vs Lg Round Stone
    By Melissa78 in Increasing Sales
    Replies: 12
    09-29-2009, 04:48 PM
  2. Round Stone with Handles
    By Lindsay in Products and Tips
    Replies: 9
    09-08-2009, 08:23 PM
  3. Will the new round stone w/handles fit on the round woven?
    By monica.dixon in Products and Tips
    Replies: 4
    08-27-2007, 06:34 AM
  4. Lrg. Round Stone
    By crystalscookingnow in Products and Tips
    Replies: 6
    06-11-2007, 10:41 AM
  5. Round Stone
    By Jennie4PC in Products and Tips
    Replies: 11
    09-30-2006, 02:50 PM