Ham and Cheese Omlete Rolls or Brunch Braid??
Does anyone have either of these recipes??
I am doing a brunch show for a friend and we have already done the Ham and Cheese Brunch Squares at her last show and she wants something different.
So....I can't seem to find the recipes anywhere and I was hoping some of you could help.
It took a bit to find it but here's one. I'm still looking for the other.
Ham and Cheese Omelet Roll
(Main Dishes...pg 120)
4 oz cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup milk
2 Tbls flour
1/4 tsp salt
8 oz ham, finely chopped (1 1/2 cups)
6 oz cheddar or Swiss cheese, shredded (1 1/2 cups)
1/4 cup green onions with tops, thinly sliced
2 Tbls Dijon mustard
1. Preheat oven to 375. In 1 Qt Batter Bowl, combine cream cheese and milk; whisk until smooth using 10" Whisk. Add flour and salt; whisk to combine.
2. In Classic Batter Bowl, gently whisk eggs until blended. Add cream cheese mixture; mix well.
3. Cut an 18 inch long piece of Parchment Paper. Press into bottom and up sides of Stoneware Bar Pan to prevent egg mixture from running under parchment paper; pinch corners. Pour egg mixture into bottom of Bar Pan. Bake 30-33 minutes or until omelet is puffy and golden.
4. Meanwhile, finely chop ham using Food Chopper. Shred cheese using Deluxe Cheese Grater. Thinly slice green onions with 8" Chef's Knife.
5. Remove omelet from oven; immediately spread with Dijon mustard using Skinny Scraper. Sprinkle with half of the cheese; top with ham and green onions. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Starting at one short side, roll up jelly-roll fashion, removing parchment paper as you roll. Garnish top with additional cheese and green onions, if desired. Let stand 5 minutes to allow cheese to melt. Slice roll diagonally into wedges using Serrated Bread Knife.
Makes 8 servings.
Is this the other one - the brunch braid you were looking for?
Ham 'N Eggs Brunch Braid
4 oz cream cheese 2 Tbls sliced green onions with tops
1/2 cup milk 1 tsp butter or margarine
8 eggs, divided 2 (8 oz) pkg refrigerated crescent rolls
1/4 tsp salt 1/4 lb thinly sliced deli ham
Dash ground black pepper 2 oz cheddar cheese, shredded (1/2 cup)
1/4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
Preheat oven to 375F. Place cream cheese and milk in Classic Batter Bowl. Microwave on HIGH 1 minute. Whisk until smooth using Stainless Steel Whisk. Separate 1 egg using Egg Separator; reserve egg white. Add the yolk and remaining 7 eggs, salt and black pepper to Batter Bowl; whisk to combine. Chop bell pepper using Food Chopper. Add bell pepper and onions to egg mixture. Melt butter in Generation II 10 inch Frying Pan over medium low heat. Add egg mixture; cook, stirring occasionally, until eggs are set but still moist. Remove pan from heat. Unroll 1 package of crescent dough; do not separate. Arrange longest side of dough across width of Rectangle Baking Stone. Repeat with remaining package of dough. Using Baker's Roller, roll dough to seal perforations. On longest sides of Baking Stone, cut dough into strips 1 1/2 inches apart, 3 inches deep using Paring Knife (there will be 6 inches in the center for the filling). Arrange ham evenly over middle of dough. Spoon eggs over ham. Shred cheddar cheese over eggs using Deluxe Cheese Grater. To braid, lift strips of dough across filling to meet in center, twisting each strip one turn. Continue alternating strips to form a braid. Brush lightly beaten egg white over dough using Pastry Brush. Bake 25-28 minutes or until deep golden brown. Cut into slices with Slice 'N Serve. Makes 10 servings.
Similar Pampered Chef Threads
By AnnieBee in Recipes and Tips
07-23-2008, 12:25 PM
By AmieCream in Recipes and Tips
06-01-2008, 08:13 AM
By chefmelody in Recipes and Tips
08-31-2007, 10:29 AM
By jenniferknapp in Recipes and Tips
06-21-2007, 09:22 AM
By Molly Jo in Recipes and Tips
01-22-2006, 11:14 AM
Tags for this Thread