Frittata served on the Cake Pedestal?

I'm making the Sausage & Pepper Biscuit Frittata in the 12 inch skillet tomorrow morning for brunch. As I'm packing and reviewing the recipe, i thought of taking the Frittata out of the 12 inch pan and putting it on the cake pedestal for display (and serving).

Any thoughts on this? I also own the large round platter too that i can use. I figured i'd use a couple turners to take it out of the skillet. Am I looking at a disaster? Any thoughts?

I would use the pedestal. it would show it off and it's new

I serve it on the platter all the time, so the pedestal would work too. The biscuit crust will be a benefit in helping to remove it from the skillet. I have an extra-large turner that I use, and that helps to remove it quite nicely! Just tilt the skillet, lift up the frittata with the turner, and let it slide onto the platter.

Thanks everyone. I will try that and am on my way!

That's a great idea! That fritatta is a favorite of mine and my customers and the cake pedestal would really show it off. I concur with leftymac in that you will find it'll easily slide out of the skillet with minimal assistance. Just another demonstration of the non-stick properties of the Executive cookware.

Is the Sausage & Pepper Biscuit Frittata listed under as one of the Season's Best recipes, not 2010 but a previous year?

Quote Quote by donnathepamperedchef View Post
    Is the Sausage & Pepper Biscuit Frittata listed under as one of the Season's Best recipes, not 2010 but a previous year?
    Yep! I forget which one though.

I looked for this recipe where is it? Please.

Sausage & Pepper Biscuit Frittata

* 8 oz bulk hot Italian sausage
    * 1 medium red bell pepper (about ¾ cup diced)
    * 1 cup lightly packed fresh basil
    * 4 oz cream cheese, softened
    * 6 eggs
    * 1 pkg (16 oz) refrigerated grand-size flaky biscuits
    * All-purpose flour for dusting
    * 1 cup (4 oz) shredded Provolone cheese, divided
    * Coarsely ground black pepper

* 1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Place sausage into Classic Batter Bowl; microwave on HIGH 3 minutes. Dice bell pepper and chop basil using Santoku Knife. Break sausage into crumbles using Mix ‘N Chop. Add bell pepper to batter bowl; microwave on HIGH an additional 2-3 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink. Drain sausage mixture using Strainer. Return sausage mixture to batter bowl; add basil and set aside. In Small Batter Bowl, whisk cream cheese until smooth using Stainless Whisk. Gradually add eggs; whisk until smooth and set aside.

* 2. Separate biscuits horizontally in half to form 16 biscuits; arrange 12 biscuits in a slightly overlapping circle over bottom outer edge of (12-in.) Skillet. Place remaining four biscuits in center; lightly sprinkle with flour using Flour/Sugar Shaker. Using Baker’s Roller®, roll biscuits to seal seams and press about 1 in. up sides to form crust.

* 3.Sprinkle half of the Provolone cheese over crust; top with sausage mixture. Pour egg mixture over sausage mixture and top with remaining cheese. Sprinkle with black pepper.

* 4.Bake 17-19 minutes or until center is set but still moist and crust is golden brown. Remove frittata from oven. Serve immediately.

thanks Dave

Yeah thanks Dave

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

1. Cake Pedestal cover
    By cochef in Products and Tips
    Replies: 9
    05-11-2010, 06:18 AM
  2. Cake pedestal or trifle bowl
    By lauriedip in Products and Tips
    Replies: 15
    04-29-2010, 03:14 PM
  3. Problems with cake pedestal?
    By lisaw in Products and Tips
    Replies: 1
    03-03-2010, 12:11 PM
  4. So...has anyone served on Jury Duty lately?
    By BeaLorene in Chef's Lounge
    Replies: 12
    05-14-2008, 09:50 PM
  5. Frittata Flip
    By beepampered in Recipes and Tips
    Replies: 3
    10-12-2007, 09:04 PM