Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Pampered Chef Thread: Deep Covered Baker Recipes

Default Re: Deep Covered Baker Recipes

see..I knew you guys could come up with some more great ideas! (And I did have the lid on- it still oozed out a bit. Would have been a terrible mess I'd imagine if I didn't have the lid on with the pineapple or juice popping- YIKES!)
    -Bobbi

Has anyone made the Easy Peach Cobbler or Quick Apple Crisp recipes and made it in the microwave instead of the oven? I want to try this but am not sure if it would work or if so for how long to cook it.

never made it but came across this-

Quick Apple Crisp
    5 Granny Smith apples
    1 package (9 ounces) yellow cake mix
    2 tablespoons sugar
    1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
    1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
    1/2 cup chopped nuts
    Vanilla ice cream or thawed, frozen whipped topping (optional)

Preheat oven to 350F. Peel, core and slice apples using Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer. Cut apples in half. Place apples in bottom of baker. Combine cake mix, sugar, cinnamon, butter and nuts in bowl. Mix until crumbly. Sprinkle mixture evenly over apples. Bake 35-40 minutes or until apples are tender. Serve warm with ice cream or whipped topping. Super quick version: Microwave for 18-22 minutes or until you smell its wonderful aroma and see lots of bubbles!!!

Oh man that sounds good! You know, my mom told me I've gained weight ever since I started PC. I was ticked to have her say that. But it's true! I keep wanting to experiment w/ all these yummy recipes! (I have lost a little, but have a long way to go)
    Amanda

/08amandak

Quote Quote by babywings76 View Post
    Oh man that sounds good! You know, my mom told me I've gained weight ever since I started PC. I was ticked to have her say that. But it's true! I keep wanting to experiment w/ all these yummy recipes! (I have lost a little, but have a long way to go)
    Oh I know, me too! No one ever pointed it out to me, but they didn't need to! I joined Weight Watchers and have taken it all back off, but now I'm having a hard time staying on the program and I'm afraid with all the good summer eating that I'm going to gain it all back again. But the recipes all sound so good, all the desserts especially! Just have to try them!

I just did a "dump" cake in the DCB. It turned out awesome!! Next time I will put it in without the lid on so there's not so much moisture!
    1 can cherry pie filling
    1 can crushed pineapple
    1 yellow cake mix (not the butter recipe)
    1 stick of butter cut into pats
    Microwave on High for 12-15 minutes, let sit for a few minutes and serve. It is yummy!!

The DCB is why I became a consultant. It is the greatest thing ever.

I always commit to my customers that they will get a word doc from me of my tried and true recipes and tips. I also have a DCB distribution list so I can send recipes to all of my DCB customers.

I have picked up some great recipes out here so here are mine in return.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I made meatloaf in the DCB in the microwave last night and it turned out so good!! There may be other recipes floating around but this is basically how I made it:

2 lbs. ground beef
    1 package onion soup mix
    1 small onion, chopped
    1 egg
    about 1 cup of quick cooking oats
    about 1/4 cup ketchup

mixed all together, cooked on high uncovered for 15 minutes. Then spread additional ketchup on top and cooked 5 minutes more.

DH said it tasted like it had been done in the oven.

This is great, there are a ton of recipes!

I need some good microwave recipes for the deep covered baker.
    Thanks
    I just joined the group and can't figure out how to get the recipes??
    Thanks Rita

Ok I see the last post was 2008, are there any new recipies for the DCB..thanks

I love the Green, Red and White Lasagna that we can cook in the DCB. It's a microwave recipe with polenta. What would you suggest that I use to sub out the turkey sausage meat? I am doing a vegetarian party next weekend and would like to try some substitutes this weekend.

Thanks for the ideas!!!

I just made the soda cake at a show tonight. It was very delicious and people couldn't believe that it came out of the microwave. We used a yellow cake mix and 12 oz of ginger ale. The frosting was coolwhip with some lime jello mixed in to give it color.

Quote Quote by cookscorner View Post
    I just made the soda cake at a show tonight. It was very delicious and people couldn't believe that it came out of the microwave. We used a yellow cake mix and 12 oz of ginger ale. The frosting was coolwhip with some lime jello mixed in to give it color.
    I'm not familiar with this recipe...do you just mix the cake mix and the ginger ale?
    Beverly
    Director

Director - March 1, 2013 Wahoo!!!

2012 EXCELLENCE AWARD FOR SALES!!!

Quote Quote by Monilee View Post
    I love the Green, Red and White Lasagna that we can cook in the DCB. It's a microwave recipe with polenta. What would you suggest that I use to sub out the turkey sausage meat? I am doing a vegetarian party next weekend and would like to try some substitutes this weekend.

Thanks for the ideas!!!

Try using the Morning Star Sausage Crumbles. I have successfully used this in the breakfast casserole.

I did this for a show as soon as I got my baker. I use this recipe once a week for the family. Had the privaledge to take it to a friends house this week and they were amazed at how moist the chicken was.

PHEW! This thread is rAnDOm!!! Trying to trace comments back to the recipes they relate to, is almost impossible. Tell us more about the dump cake with pop / soda please!
    )) -::-. .))
    ((. .. Buy our products and it will change your cooking!
    -::- ((.* Try our Business and it could change your Life! -::-

Register to reply

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

1. Cranberry Deep Covered Baker Recipes
    By dannyzmom in forum Recipes and Tips
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-22-2009, 08:04 PM
  2. Cranberry Deep Covered Baker Recipes
    By whiteyteresa in forum Recipes and Tips
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-26-2009, 04:36 PM