Pampered Chef Thread: Deep Covered Baker Dessert?

Default Deep Covered Baker Dessert?

Does anyone have a dessert recipe that you could do at a show in the Deep Covered Baker in the Microwave?

TIA Danielle

Here is one from the Seasons Best from last year:
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Becky D.
    Director!

vwpamperedchef
    quick apple crisp, 10 mins microwave, 10 mins oven. made it last night at a show, everyone loved it. and sprinkled some of the new cinnamon sprinkles on top..yum..

my Dh is sick so we might have that for dessert tonite...

Someone posted this recipe this morning and now I cannot find the thread to give her the credit but it sounds wonderful!

APPLE CRANBERRY COOKIE COBBLER

1 16oz can whole cranberry sauce
    ⅓ cup packed brown sugar
    3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
    1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    4 Granny Smith apples, peeled,
    cored and sliced
    1 18oz package refrigerated sugar
    cookie dough

Place the cookie dough in the freezer for easier slicing. Heat the oven to 400˚F. Combine the cranberry sauce, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon in the Classic Batter Bowl. Mix well using the Mix N Scraper. Peel, core and slice the apples using the Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer. Cut the apples in half using the Utility Knife. Add to the Batter Bowl, tossing to mix. Spread evenly in the Rectangular Baker. Slice the cookie dough into 1/2-inch thick slices using the Crinkle Cutter. Arrange evenly over the cranberry mixture. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until the apples are tender and the top is golden brown.
    Makes 10 servings with 226 calories and 4 grams of fat per serving.
    Diane Van Staalduinen
    Independent Director #490058
    I just LOVE PC! What a Gift I was given when God guided someone to ask!

Quote Quote by ChefBeckyD
    Here is one from the Seasons Best from last year:

Sounds like a winner recipe for October
    Gina Riley
    Team Leader

Quote Quote by quiverfull7
    Someone posted this recipe this morning and now I cannot find the thread to give her the credit but it sounds wonderful!

APPLE CRANBERRY COOKIE COBBLER

1 16oz can whole cranberry sauce
    ⅓ cup packed brown sugar
    3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
    4 Granny Smith apples, peeled,
    cored and sliced
    1 18oz package refrigerated sugar
    cookie dough

Place the cookie dough in the freezer for easier slicing. Heat the oven to 400˚F. Combine the cranberry sauce, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon in the Classic Batter Bowl. Mix well using the Mix N Scraper. Peel, core and slice the apples using the Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer. Cut the apples in half using the Utility Knife. Add to the Batter Bowl, tossing to mix. Spread evenly in the Rectangular Baker. Slice the cookie dough into 1/2-inch thick slices using the Crinkle Cutter. Arrange evenly over the cranberry mixture. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until the apples are tender and the top is golden brown.
    Makes 10 servings with 226 calories and 4 grams of fat per serving.
    WOW!! SO does this!!! Decisions === Decisions
    Gina Riley
    Team Leader

Thanks so much for the ideas. Can someone please post the recipe for the 10 minute microwave apple crisp

This is the one I use -

Mom's Apple Crisp

4-6 Granny Smith apples
    8 graham crackers (2 1/2 x 5 inches), finely chopped
    3/4 cup packed brown sugar
    1/2 cup all-purpose flour
    1/2 cup quick or old-fashioned oats
    1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
    1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
    Whipped cream or ice cream (optional)

Peel, core and slice apples using Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer. Cut apples in half; place in Deep Dish Baker. Finely chop graham crackers using Food Chopper; place in Classic Batter Bowl. Add brown sugar, flour, oats, cinnamon and nutmeg; mix well. Place butter in Small Micro-Cooker«; microwave on HIGH 1 minute or until melted. Add butter; mix well. Sprinkle graham cracker mixture evenly over apples. Microwave on HIGH 12-15 minutes or until apples are tender, rotating dish after 6 minutes. Cool slightly; serve warm topped with whipped cream or ice cream, if desired. Yield: 10 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 280, Total Fat 10 g, Saturated Fat 6 g, Chol: 25 mg, Carbohydrate 48 g, Protein 2 g, Sodium 140 mg, Fiber 4 g
    Becky D.
    Director!

Colleen posted the cranberry cookie cobbler. I think that one's going on my Thanksgiving list.

Post Slut level RAINBOW since 10/23/2007

The opinions expressed in this post are those of Ann Szwarc, and do not reflect the opinions of The Pampered Chef« or Chef Success. Your mileage may vary. Void where prohibited. Proper attire please. We are trained professionals; do not attempt this at home.

Thank you Ann! I had edited it with my info already so I didn't know.
    Diane Van Staalduinen
    Independent Director #490058
    I just LOVE PC! What a Gift I was given when God guided someone to ask!

If you do a search under files for Deep Covered Baker, there are a bunch of recipes that come up. I made the Peach Cobbler in it the other night and sprinkled the new Caramel Sprinkles on top. Yummy!

Quote Quote by catlwilles
    If you do a search under files for Deep Covered Baker, there are a bunch of recipes that come up. I made the Peach Cobbler in it the other night and sprinkled the new Caramel Sprinkles on top. Yummy!
    Those new caramel sprinkles are amazing!
    Carolyn Kraham ~ Director, Florida
    ~~TPC in Personal Sales 2005/2006 and 2006/2007 and 2007/2008 and 2008/2009~~
    ~~Excellence Award in Personal Sales 2009/2010 and 2010/2011 and 2011/2012 and 2012/2013~~
    ~~Elite Seller~~
    Praying for Paige

vwpamperedchef
    **Personally the cake mix & other ingredients were too dry, I would recommend using 1 stick of butter, and mix so you have a crumbly mixture** It was delicious, and using the apple peeler/corer/slicer was amazing.

Quick Apple Crisp
    Ingredients:
    5 Granny Smith apples
    1 package (9 ounces) yellow cake mix
    2 tablespoons sugar
    1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
    1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
    1/2 cup chopped nuts
    Vanilla ice cream or thawed, frozen whipped topping (optional)

Directions:
    1. Preheat oven to 350░F. Peel, core and slice apples using Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer. Cut apples in half using Utility Knife. Place apples in Deep Dish Baker.

2. Combine cake mix, sugar, cinnamon, butter and nuts in Classic Batter Bowl. Mix until crumbly using Classic Scraper. Sprinkle mixture evenly over apples.

3. Bake 35-40 minutes or until apples are tender. Serve warm with ice cream or whipped topping, if desired.

Yield: 10 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 240, Total Fat 12 g, Saturated Fat 3.5 g, Cholesterol 15 mg, Carbohydrate 33 g, Protein 2 g, Sodium 210 mg, Fiber 2 g

ęThe Pampered Chef, Ltd. 2003

vwpamperedchef
    also, 10 mins in microwave, then 10 mins in oven. works perfectly.

karlene
    I tried this recipe at my show the othe nite. I used the yellow cake mix one. used 6 large apples instead of 5,because when cooked down I think you need a little more. I used 3/4 stick butter. I put in microwave for 7 minutes covered. I checked it, and was going to remove lid, but decided to leave it on and see what it would do..(I had made it the day before at home and it seemed too dry.) thought if you leave it on, it would make it more moist. The next 7 minutes, brought more moisture and it kind of started to "bake" the top part of the crust so made it more of a cobbler instead of crisp. They loved it,,,so I think I just invented a new version. Ha ha

You could definitely do a Dump Cake. One stick of butter softened, one box of yellow cake mix (mix these together until crumbly). Dump one can of Apple Pie Filling (or whatever else pie filling you want) into the DCB, dump the cake mix on top, bake at 350 for about 20 minutes or until golden brown on top and the pie mix is bubbling. I don't see why you couldn't do it in the microwave, too!
    Kate Jensen
    Independent Director

Working to Advanced by National and Senior by Leadership!
    Wave 3 for me in Chicago!

The Apple Crisp can be put into the Deep Covered Cranberry Baker (October Special), is that right?

~

Bumping

~

JAE

Any chocolate recipes for the DCB especially for the microwave?

Register to reply

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

1. Deep Covered Baker
    By enjoy2cook2 in forum Recipes and Tips
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 01-15-2009, 05:58 PM
  2. lid for deep covered baker
    By reba515 in forum Products and Tips
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-12-2007, 01:36 PM
  3. Deep Covered Baker
    By hperschnick in forum Products and Tips