Deep Covered Baker

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hello,
    This is my VERY first time on this website and writing on any website like this. I hope I do it correctly.
    PS What does everyone mean when they say "PM Me"? I told you I was new!

My question...
    I learned on Monday eve at a Fall KickOff that you can microwave Corn on the Cob (14+/- minutes) and Artichokes (18+/- minutes) in the deep covered baker - VERY EXCITED about that, and I cooked the corn last night. It was delicious! Great for hot summer nights.

Does anyone esle have Microwave recipes that are not posted on Cons. Corner or here? After cooking the pork, I was asked if you could do the same with beef? Anyone know about that?

Thank you!

PM is private message

also if you go to the files section and do a search for deep covered baker it should bring up recipes

Welcome to Chef Success! I'm sure you will find this site very useful! As Jaime had mentioned, do a search under files (and when you get time, just browse the files - you'll find so many useful flyers, information, etc.) I love my DCB- I make the pork tenderloin in there often, and my husband still can't believe I microwave it (I throw in small potatoes, onions and peppers, too).

Welcome!

By the way, how much water do you put in w/the corn? I'll have to try this one.

Thank you for the welcome and the suggestions!
    I went there and found a bunch of great recipes. Which I plan to use. But I didn't find too many microwavable recipes. My Kitchen/FR gets afternoon sun and heats up very fast so I hate to bake anything in the summer. But I still love the baked type foods and the speed of the microwave. And so far the DCB has not dried anything out, which is a big plus.

I saw one posted for Meatloaf in the DCB, and I am excited to try it.

Any microwave recipes in the DCB would be appreciated.

Thanks, again!

Quote Quote by enjoy2cook2
    Hello,
    This is my VERY first time on this website and writing on any website like this. I hope I do it correctly.
    PS What does everyone mean when they say "PM Me"? I told you I was new!

My question...
    I learned on Monday eve at a Fall KickOff that you can microwave Corn on the Cob (14+/- minutes) and Artichokes (18+/- minutes) in the deep covered baker - VERY EXCITED about that, and I cooked the corn last night. It was delicious! Great for hot summer nights.

Does anyone esle have Microwave recipes that are not posted on Cons. Corner or here? After cooking the pork, I was asked if you could do the same with beef? Anyone know about that?

Thank you!
    Welcome! Your post worked, so you did everything right!!

When you did the corn (or artichokes for that matter) do you have to add any water or do they steam by themselves? I am assuming the corn is husked and de-silked? That is great news! I want to share that with my customers, but wasn't sure about adding any water!

The only meats I have done were the pork tenderloin and the whole chicken. I would assume beef tenderloin would cook the same? Don't know though!

I don't remember being told to put water in it, but as a precaution I just took a small drinking glass and filled it half way. I am guessing 1/2 to 3/4 cups, and poured it in the bottom.
    Not sure if I said it but I was told 4 ears, and I did 4 with plenty of room for 2-3 more. So I would just add time if adding more.
    Also, for the artichokes I was told 2 large ones, which normally take 45+ minutes to cook.

Oops, I keep replying before seeing new questions. I did add water (see previous post) and I did de-husk and clean the corn.

This is the Enchilada Casserole from our newest cookbook that comes out Sept 1st: (it calls for the deep dish baker, but you could make extra layers and make it in our DCB- it's smaller in diameter, but deeper so it should work!)

1 lb 95% lean ground beef
    1 T Southwestern Seasoning Mix
    1/4 t salt
    1 can enchilada sauce
    3/4 c water
    1/2 c medium thick and chunky salsa
    12 (6") yellow corn tortillas
    1/4 c snipped fresh cilantro, divided
    1 c shredded colby and monterey jack cheese blend, divided
    sour cream and lime wedges (optional)

1. Combine beef, seasoning mix and salt in 10" Skillet; cook over med-hi heat 8-10 min or until beef is no longer pink, breaking beef into crumbles using Mix 'N Chop. Add enchilada sauce, water and salsa to Skillet. Bring to a simmer and remove fom heat.

2. As beef mixture cooks, place tortillas in a stack and cut into 1" pieces using Pizza Cutter. Snip cilantro using Kitchen Shears.

3. Arrange half of the tortillas evenly over bottom of Deep Dish Baker; top with half of the beef mixture and half of the cheese. Sprinkle 2 T of the cilantro over cheese. Top with remaining tortillas, beef mixture and cheese.

4. Microwave baker on HIGH 3-5 min or until cheese is melted. Garnish with remaining 2 T cilantro. Serve w/ sour cream and lime wedges, if desired.

Yield: 6 servings

Wow! Corn on the cob in the DCB! That is a great tip.

this is a stupid question, but here it goes anyways....... do you put the lid on it while cooking the corn or arties??

Quote Quote by KellyTheChef
    This is the Enchilada Casserole from our newest cookbook that comes out Sept 1st: (it calls for the deep dish baker, but you could make extra layers and make it in our DCB- it's smaller in diameter, but deeper so it should work!)

1 lb 95% lean ground beef
    1 T Southwestern Seasoning Mix
    1/4 t salt
    1 can enchilada sauce
    3/4 c water
    1/2 c medium thick and chunky salsa
    12 (6") yellow corn tortillas
    1/4 c snipped fresh cilantro, divided
    1 c shredded colby and monterey jack cheese blend, divided
    sour cream and lime wedges (optional)

1. Combine beef, seasoning mix and salt in 10" Skillet; cook over med-hi heat 8-10 min or until beef is no longer pink, breaking beef into crumbles using Mix 'N Chop. Add enchilada sauce, water and salsa to Skillet. Bring to a simmer and remove fom heat.

2. As beef mixture cooks, place tortillas in a stack and cut into 1" pieces using Pizza Cutter. Snip cilantro using Kitchen Shears.

3. Arrange half of the tortillas evenly over bottom of Deep Dish Baker; top with half of the beef mixture and half of the cheese. Sprinkle 2 T of the cilantro over cheese. Top with remaining tortillas, beef mixture and cheese.

4. Microwave baker on HIGH 3-5 min or until cheese is melted. Garnish with remaining 2 T cilantro. Serve w/ sour cream and lime wedges, if desired.

Yield: 6 servings

Kelly! Great idea! I hadn't thought of using the DCB for this - I'm going to try it and that will just be one more great recipe for the DCB if it works. Now if we just had a "genius" smilie - I'd put one here for you. Instead, I'll just say - you are an angel!

Can someone please give me the nutritional info. for the Enchilada Casserole?

Quote Quote by ChefBeckyD
    Kelly! Great idea! I hadn't thought of using the DCB for this - I'm going to try it and that will just be one more great recipe for the DCB if it works. Now if we just had a "genius" smilie - I'd put one here for you. Instead, I'll just say - you are an angel!
    Awww...shucks!

Don't thank me...thank Dianevill! She posted the recipe over on the thread where someone was looking for it! I just read through the recipe right after I had been on this thread and thought: If it will fit in the DDB, it will fit in the DCB!!

No problem w/ the recipe (in fact, it was funny when I saw this thread, because I was sad that someone else had to re-type the recipe after I posted it - glad to see that wasn't the case) . Here's the nutritional info Rhonda requested:

340 calories, 14 g fat, 6 g saturated fat, 65 mg cholesterol, 33 g carbohydrate, 24 g protein, 750 mg sodium, 6 g fiber.

For you fellow WW followers, it's 7 Points per serving

We're having it for supper tonight - can't wait!

Cover or no cover????

Do you put the lid on the DCB while cooking??

I've done a very nice tasting beef stew in the DCB in the microwave (cover on)! You have to play with the liquid and times amount (first time I did it, I did not have enough liquid and meat was a little tough!). Also, it helps to have a micro with turn table and that you can set the power level at 5 or 7 (50% or 70%) so that you don't over cook food. I've also done potatoes in micro in DCB.

For the enchilada casserole I would say no cover (I only say this because the deep dish baker doesn't have a cover and that's what the recipe is originally designed for).

Thanks for the replies with the cover. I am wondering if she put the cover on with the corn too. Any guesses. I think it sounds wonderful!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

1. Deep Covered Baker
    By smilesarepriceless in Products and Tips
    Replies: 38
    11-04-2008, 11:15 AM
  2. Lid for deep covered baker
    By reba515 in Products and Tips
    Replies: 0
    09-12-2007, 01:36 PM
  3. Deep Covered Baker
    By hperschnick in Products and Tips