Pampered Chef Thread: DCB converting recipe to microwave

Default DCB converting recipe to microwave

If you are trying to convert an oven recipe to make it for the microwave in the DCB, how would you adjust the time. The recipe calls for 350 degrees for 1 hour... in microwave on high, for half the time or a quarter or what? Need a sweet potatoe recipe for Christmas and know that my MIL's oven will be full of other stuff, so want to convert for the microwave so we don't have to wait until the last minute to go (after the sweet potatoes are done baking).... TIA!

I would think that you might do it for 20-30 minutes on high. Just curious but how long would you cook a whole chicken in the oven? I would divide the time up that way since it's 30 min to do the chicken in the microwave. I've never done a whole chicken in the oven so I can't give you the breakdown. I hope this helps. Good luck!!
    I've been trying to find a formula myself for converting regular recipes to the microwave. I just did ground beef in it last night and it turned out better than when I do it on the stove.

It took me about 20 minutes to do sweet potatoes in the DCB at Thanksgiving.

Quote Quote by ChefHarri View Post
    It took me about 20 minutes to do sweet potatoes in the DCB at Thanksgiving.
    Did you do whole ones or were they cut up? The recipe that I think that I'm going to use, are sliced up into 1/2 slices.......

Quote Quote by emo812 View Post
    I would think that you might do it for 20-30 minutes on high. Just curious but how long would you cook a whole chicken in the oven? I would divide the time up that way since it's 30 min to do the chicken in the microwave. I've never done a whole chicken in the oven so I can't give you the breakdown. I hope this helps. Good luck!!
    I've been trying to find a formula myself for converting regular recipes to the microwave. I just did ground beef in it last night and it turned out better than when I do it on the stove.
    How exactly did you do the ground beef? In the DCB or something else? And did you have to keep stopping and stirring every so often? And how long for how many pounds? (Wow, so many questions!)

Mine were cut into chunks.

Quote Quote by ChefHarri View Post
    Mine were cut into chunks.
    Thank you!

Register to reply

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

1. Microwave Cake recipe, etc.
    By Cape_PC in forum Recipes and Tips
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-02-2008, 02:49 PM
  2. microwave recipe question
    By pampered_rae in forum Recipes and Tips
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-14-2007, 06:03 AM
  3. Need Help with Microwave Cake Recipe!
    By DZmom in forum Recipes and Tips
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-25-2006, 10:04 PM
  4. Microwave Recipe
    By PamperedPrincess74 in forum Recipes and Tips
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-24-2005, 09:12 PM
  5. Microwave Recipe ideas?
    By LNOSIL in forum Recipes and Tips
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-08-2005, 07:29 PM