Creamy Lemon Supreme recipe - CELEBRATE cookbook
A friend of mine is desperately looking for this recipe in the Celebrate! cookbook - page 109 - the Creamy Lemon Supreme.
This is one of the few older ones I don't have and I can't find it online anywhere else.
Give me a sec and I'll find it online for ya
Here ya go! Merry Christmas!!
Creamy Lemon Supreme
(Celebrate! Cookbook, pg 109)
Light, lemony and luscious, this elegant dessert will look spectacular on your party table.
Prep time: 45 minutes Cook time: 10-12 minutes Chill time: 6 hours
12 lemon creme-filled sandwich cookies, finely chopped (1½ cups)
3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
1 package (2.9 ounces) lemon cook and serve pudding and pie filling (not instant)
½ cup sugar
2 cups water, divided
2 egg yolks
1 tablespoon butter or margarine
2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
½ cup powdered sugar
1 container (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
1. Lightly spray Sprinform Pan with nonstick cooking spray. For crust, finely chop cookies using Food Chopper. Combine cookie crumbs and melted butter in Small Batter Bowl. Press crumb mixture into bottom of pan. Cut 6 thin slices from lemon; cut each slice in half. Place lemon halves against inside collar of pan with cut side touching crust. Refrigerate while preparing filling.
2. For filling, zest lemons to measure 1½ teaspoons zest using Lemon Zester/Scorer. Using Juicer, juice lemons to measure ¼ cup juice. Combine pudding mix, sugar, ¼ cup of the water and egg yolks in Small (2-qt.) Saucepan; stir until blended. Stir in remaining 1¾ cups water. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture comes to a full boil; remove from heat. Set aside ½ cup of the pudding; cool slightly. Whisk butter and lemon juice into remaining pudding in saucepan; cool 15 minutes, stirring twice.
3. In Classic Batter Bowl, combine cream cheese and powdered sugar; mix well. Whisk in reserved ½ cup lemon pudding and 1 teaspoon lemon zest. Fold in 2 cups whipped topping, spread over crust.
4. Stir remaining lemon pudding mixture and spoon evenly over cream cheese filling using Mix ‘N Scraper, spreading gently. Refrigerate at least 6 hours.
5. Run Quikut Paring Knife around sides of dessert; release collar from pan. Garnish with remaining whipped topping and lemon zest. Cut into wedges.
Yield: 12 servings
Nutrients per serving: Calories 390, Total Fat 24 g, Saturated Fat 15 g, Cholesterol 85 mg, Carbohydrate 36 g, Protein 4 g, Sodium 250 mg, Fiber 0 g
Diabetic exchanges per serving: 1 starch, 1½ fruit, 5 fat (2½ carb)
Similar Pampered Chef Threads
By legacypc46 in Recipes and Tips
02-19-2009, 06:29 PM
By pcgogetter in Want to Buy
03-22-2007, 02:28 PM
By chefaa in Recipes and Tips
06-07-2006, 07:06 PM
By crsnlsa in Recipes and Tips
01-22-2006, 11:05 AM
By dawnrody in Recipes and Tips
10-13-2005, 11:42 PM