Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By scottcooks
  • 3 Post By LeslieSGI

Chocolate ORANGE brownies - Yum!

This was so easy!

Costco has Ghiradelli's brownie mix. The recipe calls for 3/4 cup of oil, some water, an egg. I included 1/4 cup of PC orange-infused canola oil, plus 1/2 cup vegetable oil - and got amazing results!

To help drive the theme home, I zested some orange peel in cream cheese icing, and stirred 1 tablespoon of oil into 1/2 cup of frosting, then drizzled this over warm brownies. YUM!

What have you done with the oils or the vinegars?

are you sure of the amount of oil - I make these ALL the time in my silicone floral cupcake pan (one of my top 10 sellers every year) but the amount (for one bag of mix) is 1/3 cup of oil...

but your orange ideas sounds yummy!

I make my own focaccia bread with the rosemary infused oil. I use part olive oil and part rosemary oil. Give it such a great flavor!

2 boxes brownie mix
    2/3 cup water
    2/3 cup oil

So I changed their recipe out for 1/3 cup oil, 1/3 cup Orange infused oil, 2/3 cup water. Thanks for having me check - for baking, particularly, measurements really matter!
    Shawnna likes this.

Facebook:
    Visit
    ooooo.....does sound yummy!

I'm gonna have to try this!

I have GOT to get that orange oil!!! That sound fabulous! When I was growing up, my family had a tradition that every year we all got a huge navel orange in our stocking. I carried this tradition on until my in-laws made it better - chocolate oranges!! My kids go NUTS over those things and if they got nothing for Christmas but a chocolate orange they'd be happy (well, probably not, but...). I am ordering that orange oil today! Can't wait!

Quote Quote by scottcooks View Post
    2 boxes brownie mix
    2/3 cup water
    2/3 cup oil

So I changed their recipe out for 1/3 cup oil, 1/3 cup Orange infused oil, 2/3 cup water. Thanks for having me check - for baking, particularly, measurements really matter!
    yes, now that makes sense! sounds delicious and I'll be sure to try it soon.

Facebook:
    Visit
    Twitter:
    Visit
    Great idea! I do a lot of chocolate-orange things at Christmas. Thanks for sharing, Scott.

Just a side note: if you don't have the orange oil you could also use the PC zester or microplaner to zest an orange and add that directly to the brownie mix as well. My daughter tried this several months ago and there is definately something special about orange and chocolate mixed together!!!!!!!!!

Quote Quote by wcsis View Post
    Just a side note: if you don't have the orange oil you could also use the PC zester or microplaner to zest an orange and add that directly to the brownie mix as well. My daughter tried this several months ago and there is definately something special about orange and chocolate mixed together!!!!!!!!!
    I'm making homemade brownies today, and I'm going to try this. We don't use canola oil, so I've been toying with trying to make my own orange infused coconut or olive oil...but I think the zest, and maybe some fresh squeezed juice added would do the trick. My little guy LOVES chocolate and orange together!

Scott
    You are a genius. I had never tasted orange in brownies and they were a big hit! Funny thing is that I went to the store to buy ice cream and when I came back Most of the brownie batch was gone. No one could wait!!!! When they started they could not stop so unfortunately I was not able to drizzle that great cheese cake icing on them. Guess I am going to have to make more.LOL

If you haven't tried this - you must. Family did not think it sounded good but they couldn't stop eating them until they were all gone.

I used a "cheap" brownie mix - Pillsbury family size. Think about baking these in either the brownie pan or the mini muffin pan to make great holiday food gifts! Simply substitute PChef Orange Canola oil for half the vegetable oil called for in the directions and bake as usual.
    Shawnna, ezundel and scottcooks like this.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

1. Orange chicken in DCB
    By etteluap70PC in Recipes and Tips
    Replies: 0
    08-24-2009, 01:29 PM
  2. Super Yummy Orange Chocolate Chunk Cake
    By AnnieBee in Recipes and Tips
    Replies: 10
    03-19-2008, 01:56 PM
  3. New Recipe-Chocolate Peanut Buttery Brownies
    By acdugger in Recipes and Tips
    Replies: 3
    10-14-2007, 04:51 PM
  4. Warm Nutty Caramel Brownies - Question about Chocolate!
    By jenniferp417 in Recipes and Tips
    Replies: 79
    08-20-2007, 04:00 PM
  5. Chocolate-cherry brownies?
    By chefmelody in Recipes and Tips
    Replies: 0
    08-02-2007, 04:24 PM