Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Pampered Chef Thread: Chocolate Lava Microwave Cake???

Smile Chocolate Lava Microwave Cake???

I read mention of a "Chocolate Lava Microwave Cake" somewhere on this site earlier today. I've never heard of this and didn't find it at any of my recipe "go-to" sites. Anyone have the recipe? Thanks!

It's made in the Rice Cooker Plus. So if you search for Rice Cooker recipes, it will be among the other recipes.

It's basically a boxed cake and half a can of frosting. Make the cake mix in the cooker and drop dollops of the frosting over the mix (in center). Cook in micro for about 9 minutes. You should have a rotating tray in the micro.

Turn over onto a plate that is NOT flat (lava will spill over!).

I just made this tonight.......again. YUMMY

Thank you!!! I thought it was possibly something made in the large micro-cooker. I am a new consultant and recently "purchased" many new items with my PC bucks. I haven't really used the micro-cooker yet. Any suggestions other than melting things?

The recipe file here on this site also has ideas. I've used it for potatoes.

BTW, I just remembered that recently they mentioned here on this site--possibly what you originally saw--that you can do the cake in the classic batter bowl. I haven't tried it yet.

I will say that you do the cake at a show--you WILL sell several cookers. I sold 6 at one show and 2 at the following show where several raved about the previous show! Not bad for a 15 minute demo (including opening the mix box)!

Quote Quote by PC_CPR
    The recipe file here on this site also has ideas. I've used it for potatoes.

BTW, I just remembered that recently they mentioned here on this site--possibly what you originally saw--that you can do the cake in the classic batter bowl. I haven't tried it yet.

I will say that you do the cake at a show--you WILL sell several cookers. I sold 6 at one show and 2 at the following show where several raved about the previous show! Not bad for a 15 minute demo (including opening the mix box)!
    I"d like to try this at a show but I'm really kind of scared of it flopping... I don't have a rotating tray in my own microwave so I can't test it out. Any other tips for making this? I have not had luck with the stoneware fluted pan micro cakes at my house (only did it once though)... again, maybe it's since I dont' have the rotating piece, though I did turn the cake every few minutes as the recipe suggested.

I have been wanting to try this recipe for a long time, how much better does it get to have hot cake freshly made in 9 mins?? Thats awesome for a last minute dessert!

My microwave is kind of small, so the cakes don't work for me in it.
    Practice at a friends house with a 'full-sized' microwave.

I have made it twice, and it's awesome. I am going to take it in to a business and demo it there. I will already put the ingredients together, and just flip it over and serve!!!

I love this recipe. And I always flip it out onto the Celebrate Plate
    Heidi Patterson
    CONSULTANT

biz/chefheidi2003

Just to make sure...you mix the cake in the cooker...drop icing on it...then microwave.

Don't want to miss up something so simple

Quote Quote by buzz26
    Just to make sure...you mix the cake in the cooker...drop icing on it...then microwave.

Don't want to miss up something so simple
    Yes just mix the cake, in a bowl I always use my batter bowl and then spray the inside of cooker, at least that is what I do and then pour the batter in and drop the icing on it.

MMMMMMMMM
    Heidi Patterson
    CONSULTANT

biz/chefheidi2003

Smashie--that's a great idea.

Heidi, I've made the cake in the cooker at least a dozen times and have never sprayed the inside. It's just not necessary. I use the Mix n Scraper to scoop out any remaining choc. It cleans up easy with warm water!

BTW--I tell my customers to time me--cake is done in less than 15 minutes including the time it takes to open the box! I had two customers tell me that they made the cake the same day their products arrived (without needing a recipe either--just from my demo).

Oh, and I mix all the ingredients right in the cooker using the whisk. It's such an awesome demo--and yes, yummy too. I also made it once with lemon cake and choc frosting (just what I had in the cupboard) and it looked nice with the two color effect.

Quote Quote by PC_CPR
    Oh, and I mix all the ingredients right in the cooker using the whisk. It's such an awesome demo--and yes, yummy too. I also made it once with lemon cake and choc frosting (just what I had in the cupboard) and it looked nice with the two color effect.

That's how I make it too! No need to get anything else dirty!!

Fabulous! I've just signed and don't have all the great products to make many things. I've got to build my collection. The lave cake is a great way to start. Sounds like it impresses guests too.

so how do you serve this? I"m envisioning it being kind of messy... can you cut slices or do you kind of use a spoon to scoop it?

You slice it. There's some sauce that you can scoop over the slice but the slice will have some already.

I do my in the BB. I have taken the ingredients to two partys we have gone to and made right there so the cake is still warm when eaten, but doesn't heat the kitchen. I have gotten alot of ahhhs and have sold some BB because of it.

It is just so it easy and fun it is hard to stay on my diet. I realize that it is only 4 points on Weight Watchers, but the number 4 multiplied a few times sure adds up. lol

Kathy

Quote Quote by Chef Carrie
    Thank you!!! I thought it was possibly something made in the large micro-cooker. I am a new consultant and recently "purchased" many new items with my PC bucks. I haven't really used the micro-cooker yet. Any suggestions other than melting things?
    i couldn't live without my micro-cooker. i have both but usually only use the large one. everynight i use it for my veggies with dinner, put any veggie in it, cauliflower, broccoli, asparagus, carrots, whatever, put an inch of water in it, microwave it for 5 minutes and you have perfectly steamed veggies. i've already sold about 15 of these in 3 months, they're a must have!

Register to reply

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

1. Molten Lava Chocolate Cake - Rice Cooker Recipe
    By LakesideMom in forum Recipes and Tips
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-23-2011, 01:29 PM
  2. HELP need recipe microwave fluted german chocolate cake...fast
    By lilscrapmama in forum Recipes and Tips
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-12-2007, 12:18 PM
  3. chocolate microwave cake in fluted stone
    By gratergirl in forum Recipes and Tips
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 11-05-2006, 08:04 PM
  4. Chocolate Lava Cake
    By ChefAggi in forum Recipes and Tips
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-14-2006, 11:12 PM
  5. Poll German chocolate or Choc. lava cake?
    By heat123 in forum Recipes and Tips
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-30-2006, 02:20 PM