Cake walk- cake ideas?

Hey does anyone have a cute Halloween recipe cake to share? I volunteered to make a cake for their fall festival. Or have any websites to recommend for recipes? I picked up the latest pillsbury book and found 1 bride of frankenstein cake recipe but wanted to see if there were other one's out there?

TIA!

I'm using this from the kraft website in my newsletter for oct. I thought it was cute. And it uses the flute pan.

Great Pumpkin Cake
    1 pkg. (2-layer) cake mix, any flavor
    1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
    1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened
    4 cups powdered sugar
    Few drops each: green, red and yellow food coloring
    1 COMET Cup

PREPARE cake batter and bake in 12-cup fluted tube pan as directed on package. Cool in pan 10 min. Invert cake onto wire rack; remove pan. Cool
    cake completely.
    MEANWHILE, beat cream cheese and butter in
    medium bowl with electric mixer on medium speed
    until well blended. Gradually add sugar, beating until
    well blended after each addition. Remove 1/2 cup of
    the frosting; place in small bowl. Add green food
    coloring; stir until well blended. Spread half of the
    green frosting onto outside of ice cream cone; set aside. Cover and reserve remaining green frosting for later use.
    ADD red and yellow food colorings to remaining
    white frosting to tint it orange. Spread onto cake to
    resemble pumpkin. Invert ice cream cone in hole in
    top of cake for the pumpkin's stem. Pipe the reserved
    green frosting in vertical lines down side of cake.

Sorry, I can't add the pic, but there's one on the website for it. kraftfoods.com

Duh- I totally forgot about the pumpkin cake! I even made it at my daughters mommy and me halloween party! Thanks for the recipe and I will also log onto that website!

I was going to say the pumpkin cake too. You could make it without using a pumpkin flavored cake & just make a choco/vanilla/other flavor cake & turn it into a pumpkin.

you could also do the spider cake in that batter bowl

I have used the mini fluted pan to make a pumpkin patch before. I used spearmint gum drops for the stem and then green foot by the foot to make vines.
    I made it for the cake contest for my DS's Boy Scout troop. We lost to a Kitty Litter cake.........can you say yuck?

ohhhh, that spider cake would get all the kids wanting it! That's a fantastic idea Jenny!

In the Oct Parents magazine, there was a cake idea that you could do with our products. Bake a cake in the fluted pan (chocolate) and then get a can of chocolate frosting and spread on cake. Then take crushed oreos and put all over cake (like dirt). Take some gummy candy body parts and gummy worms and put all over it. Get a rubber glove and fill it with mini marshmallows and clip it with a Twixit. Use a black marker and make black fingernails and using red marker, make blood splotches on hand and position the hand coming out of the middle of the cake. You can also get some red gel coloring and make blood splotches all over the cake. It was a pretty cool looking cake in the picture.

You could do a corpse bride - like a bride cake, but with icing spider webs, etc.

I made a few things for the cake walk at my son's back to school fun fair. I probably went a little overboard but it was really the only way I could "volunteer." I used my mini fluted pan and made 6 of the Lemon Poppy Seed Pound Cakes and put two per plate. I also made the Chewy Caramel Oatmeal Squares or whatever that was. I think it's in the Celebrate cookbook. I put 4-5 squares per plate. And to let people know what they were, I wrote the name on the recipe on the other side of the business card and stapled it to the ziplock bag I slipped each plate in. I was sneaky. A little subtle way of advertising.

How fun that you can do a Halloween theme! Do you have the mini fluted pan? You can crank out a lot of those. You can make little mini spice cakes or something. Or pumpkin. Have fun!

the candy corn cake using the checkerboard pan

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

1. Skillet Cake with yellow or white cake mix??
    By SusanBP0129 in Recipes and Tips
    Replies: 7
    06-14-2008, 09:32 PM
  2. My Clifford cake got put on a cake website!
    By jrstephens in Chef's Lounge
    Replies: 15
    10-04-2007, 09:11 AM
  3. Lemon Cake Mixes - Any ideas
    By lkspeir in Products and Tips
    Replies: 47
    03-13-2007, 01:25 PM
  4. Batter Bowl Cake Ideas
    By DebPC in Products and Tips
    Replies: 5
    03-12-2005, 06:57 PM
  5. Barbie Cake Ideas