Pampered Chef Thread: Best trifle recipes?

Default Best trifle recipes?

I just got my trifle bowl today and hope to use it at my party on Friday. What are your best tried and true recipes in it?

My fav is a summer recipe.... the summer berry layered salad, it goes over so so well plus I've tweeked it so I can demo TONS of products... I know this is no help this time of year but.......

I am doing the black forest trifle at one of my show's this month, have not tried it yet but it looks good!

I think you can search Trifle Recipes to get TONS of ideas.

My Fav. is:
    "Death by Chocolate"

2 box fudge brownie mix plus ingredients to make it (baked on Large Bar Pan)
    1 box chocolate INSTANT pudding
    1 tub whipped topping; unthawed
    1 chocolate bar (I use Aero; most use Heath/Skor)

Layer brownies (that have been cooled) in bottom of Trifle bowl
    Spread a thin layer of pudding
    Followed by a layer of whipped topping
    Grate chocolate on top (I use the Deluxe Cheese Grater)
    Repeat layers

YUM!

The Strawberry Creme Trifle is easy and so yummy!! SBRC spring/summer 08

Lime-Berry Mousse Trifle
    Janet's Peanut Butter Cup Trifle
    Pumpkin Trifle
    Strawberry Creme Trifle

I'm curious to try the Ho-Ho trifle that I found on here a while back, sometime. It looks so deliciously trashy.

You can find all the recipes on here by searching the files.

Capuccino Mousse is a must try! It's delicious - and I usually make it with Angel Food Cake to cut down on the fat. The Red, White and Blueberry is delicious too , but not right for this time of year.

These all sound great!! Has anyone made a Pumpkin Trifle for the holidays? If so I would love a recipe for one.

For my last 2 shows, I made the Gingerbread Pumpkin Trifle and booked 4 shows for December so they can get the trifle bowl for 60%off. I found the recipe on here - just went to files and typed in gingerbread. I made the gingerbread at home in the large bar pan the day beofre and just assembled it at the show. Make sure you have plenty of recipes handy for this one!

Quote Quote by leftymac View Post
    Lime-Berry Mousse Trifle
    Janet's Peanut Butter Cup Trifle
    Pumpkin Trifle
    Strawberry Creme Trifle

I'm curious to try the Ho-Ho trifle that I found on here a while back, sometime. It looks so deliciously trashy.

You can find all the recipes on here by searching the files.
    Aw shucks!

But that is my favorite too!

I do like the Black Forest Trifle too. That is a good one.
    Janet
    Indep. Consultant #511321
    pchef4u@chefsuccess.com
    "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." Jeremiah 29:11-13

Oh, I still want to try the Tiramisu one, that sounds good too!
    Janet
    Indep. Consultant #511321
    pchef4u@chefsuccess.com
    "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." Jeremiah 29:11-13

Summer is over now (even here in North Florida) but the Tropical Dream Trifle is wonderful. It's an oldie but a goodie...

Tropical Dream Trifle

1 frozen prepared pound cake (10.75 ounces)
    1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
    1 lime
    1 large banana, chopped
    1 container (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
    1 container (8 ounces) sour cream
    1/2 cup powdered sugar
    1/4 cup sweetened flaked coconut, toasted
    1 kiwi, peeled and sliced

Cut pound cake into 3/4-inch cubes; place in large bowl of 4-Piece Colander & Bowl Set. Add pineapple; toss gently and set aside.

Zest lime using Microplane Adjustable Grater to measure 1 teaspoon zest. (Zest the entire lime if you love lime flavor.) Juice lime using Juicer to measure 1 tablespoon juice. Chop banana using Food Chopper. In Classic Batter Bowl, combine banana, lime juice and lime zest; mix well.

Attach open star tip to Easy Accent(R) Decorator. Fill decorator with whipped topping; set aside. Add remaining whipped topping, sour cream and powdered sugar to banana mixture; mix well using Classic Scraper.

To assemble trifle, place one-third of the cake cubes into bottom of Trifle Bowl. Top with one-third of filling mixture, spreading evenly. Repeat layers two more times. Sprinkle coconut over top of trifle. Pipe rosettes of reserved whipped topping around edge of bowl. Slice kiwi using Egg Slicer Plus(R). Cut slices in half and place between rosettes. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving.

Yield: 10 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 320, Total Fat 16 g, Saturated Fat 13 g, Cholesterol 80 mg, Carbohydrates 38 g, Protein 3 g, Sodium 140 mg,
    Fibre less than 1 g

Cook's Tip: Reduced-fat pound cake, light whipped topping and reduced-fat sour cream and can be substituted for the pound cake, whipped topping and sour cream, if desired.

To toast coconut in microwave oven, place coconut in Small Micro-Cooker(R); microwave on HIGH 1 1/2 minutes or until golden brown, stirring after each 10-second interval. Cool completely.

That sounds super yummy!!

Quote Quote by pamperedpnina View Post
    My fav is a summer recipe.... the summer berry layered salad, it goes over so so well plus I've tweeked it so I can demo TONS of products... I know this is no help this time of year but.......

I am doing the black forest trifle at one of my show's this month, have not tried it yet but it looks good!
    Would you mind sharing the tweaked version?
    I am attaching a trifle recipe booklet...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Carolyn Kraham ~ Director, Florida
    ~~TPC in Personal Sales 2005/2006 and 2006/2007 and 2007/2008 and 2008/2009~~
    ~~Excellence Award in Personal Sales 2009/2010 and 2010/2011 and 2011/2012 and 2012/2013~~
    ~~Elite Seller~~
    Praying for Paige

Great recipes, Carolyn! Thanks!
    Marie-France
    .biz/MarieFrance

"Celebrate the Magic" - Level 3
    Need 74,000 points - 74,000 to go!
    Need 6 recruits - 6 to go!

I tried this at our NMD and am making it for my show tonight. It's a different version of the pumpkin trifle, and my favorite now. I've tried all of them that are on here too. Something about the nuts in this one just makes it so yummy. Also, it's pumpkin bread for the pumpkin taste, which I think is a little milder if you have a pumpkin non-lover in the crowd (as my dh is).

Pumpkin Trifle
    Boxed Pumpkin bread and ingredients to make the bread
    1 - 16oz container of Cool Whip
    1 Cup skim milk
    1 small package of cheesecake pudding
    2 cups chopped pecans
    2 1/2 TBSP PC's Pantry Sweet Cinnamon Sprinkle

In medium stainless steel mixing bowl, use small mix n' scraper to mix together bread mix and ingredients. Spread batter into parchment lined medium stoneware bar pan. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes cool completely.

Using whisk, mix together milk and pudding until it begins to thicken. Use small mix n' scraper to fold in cool whip into pudding mixture and add sprinkle.

Lift bread out of stone and place on cutting board. Cut pumpkin into bars and into small chunks using pizza cutter. Place chunks in trifle bowl to cover bottom. Top with 1/3 of pudding mixture then 1/3 of the nuts. repeat layers twice.
    Last edited by janezapchef; 11-14-2008 at 09:39 PM.

I made the gingerbread one and people seemed to like it. My daughter thinks a chocolate one would've went over better. There's just some people who don't like pumpkin.

JAE

I just made the Black Forest Trifle for the first time on Thursday. It was sooooo good. I love chocolate and cherry together and the almond extract was excellent, too. It was very pretty on display.

Register to reply

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

1. ISO Trifle Bowl recipes
    By Kitchen Diva in forum Recipes and Tips
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-27-2007, 01:35 PM
  2. trifle bowl recipes
    By irishpamperedchef in forum Recipes and Tips
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-02-2007, 12:42 PM
  3. Found Trifle Recipes *********
    By pamperedalf in forum Recipes and Tips