Batter Bowl cake

I am wanting to make a "spider" cake for my halloween party. I read somewhere about making a cake in the batter bowl and attaching "legs" and "eyes". How do I make a cake in the batter bowl? I've never done that before - it can go in the oven?

the use and care card that came with the batter bowl tells you how to make a cake in the oven it is really easy. if you cant find the instructions i can post themn for you im just not near my recipes

chefmama
    To make any kind of cake in the batter bowl, here is the basic recipe:

1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease and flour Classic Batter Bowl. Prepare cake mix according to package directions; pour into batter bowl. Bake 1 hour, 10 minutes-1 hour, 15 minutes or until Cake Tester inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack; cool 15 minutes. Run Large Spreader around outside of cake and gently turn out onto cooling rack, large end down. Cool 3 hours.

To turn it into an easter egg (or football) using Serrated Bread Knife, trim large end of cake to level. Cut down the center. Place large ends end to end.

Here is how to make a spider:

Spider (1) - Frost cake with black (use chocolate and tint black) or chocolate frosting – use chocolate sprinkles for “hair”. Use black licorice or 8 pipe cleaners for legs. Use gumdrops for eyes.

Spider #2- Frost one 1QT and one 2QT cakes black or chocolate. Place the cakes side by side (the 1QT cake is the head.) Use black licorice or 8 pipe cleaners for legs. Use 2 Lg. marshmallows for fun eyes with m & m pupils – or raisins stuck on toothpicks.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

1. My first batter bowl cake
    By Brandi2007 in Recipes and Tips
    Replies: 10
    05-29-2007, 09:40 AM
  2. Batter Bowl Cake Recipes???
    By pckelly in Recipes and Tips
    Replies: 8
    03-19-2007, 11:15 PM
  3. Batter Bowl cake question
    By Bexs50 in Recipes and Tips
    Replies: 8