Cookie Press Cookie Party

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Oh yikes! I just got a booking for a lady who really wants to do a cookie party! She wants to demo the cookie press since it is the November guest special. I have heard many people do this type of show as theme show party. I am a little intimidated though. I have not ever done this type of show or used the cookie press before!! I was hoping for your thoughts, inputs or suggestions. PLEASE!! LOL
    Should I have some already made? Then do a demo of just one batch? Would I decorate or them? Hmmmm...
    I have heard that the cookie press can be finicky at times as well as how the oven temps could be with the dough.

You could do it as a cookie swap and have everyone who's coming bring X amount of cookies to swap out and then show them how to use the press. Try it at home first though, it's not as finicky as the last one but if you've never used it before, it can be a little difficult. Do a search in the files for spritz cookies and try one of the recipes. I know there is a simple one that is something like 1 cup flour, 1 cup peanut butter and 1 egg (check first, this is off the top of my head!). That would be a quick and simple one to show without making an entire batch of spritz cookies (which can be 7-10 dozen cookies!).

As far as decorating, if you do regular ones you can tint the dough with food coloring or put sprinkles on top.

So I am thinking I can make up some cookies with the cookie press before hand as well as some fancy cookies and desserts using the creative cutters and new biscuit cutters set etc.... I will place the pre made assortment of stuff I make out on the new holiday plates and platters even the 3 tiered stand. I can even put out the items I used to make them such as the cutters next to the display. I am thinking that will look nice.
    Then I will have to do a recipe maybe those spritz cookies and demo the cookie press and decorate. With some practice I think I can manage just one recipe of the dough and bake them off on the cookie sheets and baking sheets so guests can see both.
    I am brainstorming here. Does that sound like it would work/flow nicely?

Hey - Did you see the $2.00 Halloween Cookie Cutters on the Outlet? When's your show?

oh no I didn't ...
    hhmmm....
    It is November 1st!

Those halloween cookie cutters are cute and only $2! I may have to order those. Thanks!
    Have we had these as a special before or in a previous catalog?

Facebook:
    Visit
    cookie candy parties are fun. When I did them I made cookies and brought icing for everyone to decorate. Everyone played w/the cookie press, too. We made the fast and easy fudge and wrapped carmel around pretzel sticks, dipped them in melted chocolate and sprinkles, etc. Guests took a plate of treats home.

oh that is a cute idea!
    Did you find that guests had a hard time with the cookie press?

Facebook:
    Visit
    This was with the old cookie press and most guests were able to do it. The person that did it the best was a little kid about 6...they were a whiz. Everyone had a great time...but no one ordered the press and the kid's mom who had other kid's there ....that drove everyone crazy didn't order anything. I always found I had a love/hate relationship w/the cookie press. Certain disks worked great and certain recipes worked better than others. The parties were always fun, but so much prep work; I ended up feeling like I was just doing my job for free sometimes. So, I may not be the best person to give advice with positive business experience...

I mentioned the peanut butter cookies earlier. I did those today for our cluster meeting. It was 1 cup sugar (I said flour earlier), 1 cup regular peanut butter and 1 egg. Mix together and bake at 350 for 14-16 minutes. If you want to show off the cookie press, I would do this for the show. I don't know if I would do that many cookies before hand, that's a lot of work for you! I would have the host make cookies herself with you showing off the press like mentioned. I tried all the disks on this recipe and they all worked great!

Facebook:
    Visit
    wadesgirl, are you using the new press?

Quote Quote by byrd1956 View Post
    wadesgirl, are you using the new press?
    Yes, it's the only one I have.

Facebook:
    Visit
    thank you, I'll have to try it!

Definatly trying that peanut butter cookie recipe out to. I love that is seems so easy to do. That will great for my show. Thanks for posting that.

The peanut butter cookie recipie is super easy and an almost no-fail. I used to do it all the time - so simple. Be sure you practice as some of the discs do not work that well. And my other piece of advise is not to overbake the cookies as when they become to dry they tend to crumble.

Quote Quote by punkie1019 View Post
    Definatly trying that peanut butter cookie recipe out to. I love that is seems so easy to do. That will great for my show. Thanks for posting that.
    Super, super easy!

Quote Quote by simplecooking View Post
    The peanut butter cookie recipie is super easy and an almost no-fail. I used to do it all the time - so simple. Be sure you practice as some of the discs do not work that well. And my other piece of advise is not to overbake the cookies as when they become to dry they tend to crumble.
    On the new press, all the disks worked fine for me.

Well I will be trying both the peanut butter and spritz cookie recipes out this week-end. I will be sure to let you all know how they come out and which I decide to use. I will probably make some decorated spritz cookies the night before the show to put out on my snowmen plates and then do the peanut butter cookie recipe for the show. Fingers crossed. It is always a little scary to do a new recipe at a show. Thanks again everyone.

I did a cookie swap party last year. I was the host (before I started PC) and I made two types of cookies, and had everyone bring their favorite type too. We all had to bring 3 dozen (1 dozen for the party and the other 2 dozen to be sent home with everyone). Also, we all provided the recipe too. At the show, my consultant made the spritz cookies in the press and we all decorated them how we wanted. She gave prizes for the best looking cookie, best tasting, etc. It was a ton of fun, and everyone went home with tons of cookies, recipes, and prizes.

Rebecca M.
    Hmm. I will give the PB recipe a try. Bonus? It is gluten free!

I must admit I have never been a big fan of rolled cookies or spritz cookies. Too much time. I prefer scoop because they are quick and easy. Make the dough, scoop with the medium scoop and bake. That's it, that's all. The other stuff has to be chilled, rolled & cut out. Or put into a spritzer, spritzed out, baked etc... BUT if I am to sell the cookie spritz, I must learn how to use it. And keep my opinion out when talking with customers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

1. New cookie press & cookie sheet review
    By nancycookspc in Products and Tips
    Replies: 8
    08-28-2009, 05:34 PM
  2. Replies: 10
    07-15-2009, 09:36 PM
  3. Need Spritz cookie recipes for the cookie press.
    By gingertannery in Recipes and Tips
    Replies: 10
    11-14-2008, 09:39 AM
  4. Cookie Press Cookie Recipe
    By ChefJesssica in Recipes and Tips
    Replies: 1
    12-02-2006, 02:13 PM
  5. Cookie Press non-cookie recipes
    By JenAZ in Recipes and Tips
    Replies: 7
    12-01-2006, 12:57 AM