Pampered Chef Thread: State Sales Tax...

Exclamation State Sales Tax...

What is the name of that website where one can find the sales tax for any given state? I tried a search but couldn't come up with anything.

ALSO, the ship-to address is the sales tax we use, correct?
    For example, if I have a catalog show in Georgia and Louisiana people place an order with that show, I use the Georgia tax?

Quote Quote by TwinGirlsMom
    What is the name of that website where one can find the sales tax for any given state? I tried a search but couldn't come up with anything.

ALSO, the ship-to address is the sales tax we use, correct?
    For example, if I have a catalog show in Georgia and Louisiana people place an order with that show, I use the Georgia tax?
    You can get the tax info on CC.

The tax is charged according to where the order is shipped so in the example above you would charge Louisiana tax to those that have the order direct shipped but all of the orders that are shipped to the host in Georgia would be charged Georgia tax.
    Director
    ...on Chef Success since 1/21/05
    ...Pampered Chef Host for almost 20 years before joining but no one asked - I was a Home Office lead. ASK EVERYONE!

Thank you, Beth, I didn't even think to look on CC.

Quote Quote by BethCooks4U
    The tax is charged according to where the order is shipped so in the example above you would charge Louisiana tax to those that have the order direct shipped but all of the orders that are shipped to the host in Georgia would be charged Georgia tax.
    OK, how do I then change the tax rate on special shipping?
    I have an Oklahoma show, but one customer in that show is having hers direct-shipped to MS. I don't see how I can change the tax rate for one customer that is different from the rest of the show.

This is weird... I know that sales tax is based on where the products are shipped and currently I am doing a catalog show for a girl in Arizona. She has 6 online orders and I guess in AZ, different cities have different tax rates so the online orders have 4-5 different tax rates. P3 has me enter in individual tax rates for each one manually, even though I have the host already in there. Weird. Never had that happen before.

OK, I figured it out.
    When placing an order there is a button that says 'Special Tax'.
    You click that to change the tax rate.

Colleen, pampered partner doesn't give me the heads up. It would have just charged the OK tax had I not known to change it.

P3 won't automatically look up tax rates for zip codes that are more than 100 miles from your address. You still need to look those up on CC and put them in manually.

Post Slut level RAINBOW since 10/23/2007

The opinions expressed in this post are those of Ann Szwarc, and do not reflect the opinions of The Pampered Chef or Chef Success. Your mileage may vary. Void where prohibited. Proper attire please. We are trained professionals; do not attempt this at home.

Quote Quote by TwinGirlsMom
    OK, I figured it out.
    When placing an order there is a button that says 'Special Tax'.
    You click that to change the tax rate.

Colleen, pampered partner doesn't give me the heads up. It would have just charged the OK tax had I not known to change it.

It wasn't on PP or P3 that the tax rates were different... it was on orders placed on my website for a show. I still have to enter them manually but I thought it was weird that they were different.

kam
    Quote Quote by chefann
    P3 won't automatically look up tax rates for zip codes that are more than 100 miles from your address. You still need to look those up on CC and put them in manually.
    Thanks for clarifying this! I had a direct Ship and it would not pull the tax rate. Couldn't figure out why. Now I know!
    Kathleen

Register to reply

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

1. New from Washington State
    By stayinathomemama in forum Members Introduction
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-18-2010, 11:58 PM
  2. What state are you from??
    By Amy In Ohio in forum Conference Archives
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 07-14-2006, 09:30 AM
  3. Tax?? Out of state sales