Pampered Chef Thread: Church 'kitchen shower' fundraiser

Default Church 'kitchen shower' fundraiser

Our church ladies group might be interested in throwing a 'kitchen shower' for the church. The kitchen is in desperate need of upgrading their gagets and gizmos. Should I do it more of a bridal shower or as a fundraiser? I'm not sure what the best way is to maximize items the church can get and also the best way it could work out for me.

Do it like a shower but advertize it as a fundraiser (put it in as a catalog/cooking show = whichever is right).
    Make an option that someone can purchase "double" and the second set be donated.
    Then whatever they need they purchase with their free products earned and discount.

I'm doing one in a few weeks - going to put the organizer in as host and then they will use the free, 1/2 price items and discounts to stock the church kitchen. Since the show is in January they can get a whole lot more for free as long as the show is over $500. We'll also let people buy things for the church within their orders as well.
    Gina
    Senior Consultant

Working this year towards

Taste of Travel trip
    Vegas
    Director!

I have been wanting to try this too. Do you have an invite that you are using?
    Stacie
    SC
    Wife to Shain 9 years

Mom to 3
    Trevor and Tristan (8 years old)
    Rachel (7 years)

Starting my 5th year as a PC Consultant and loving every minute of it!!

I had someone interested in doing this - we talked about doing it like a bridal shower. Having the "host" come up with a wish list for the church, guests can purchase for themselves and the church. Then the church can use the free products for more stuff.
    "You can LET things happen or MAKE things happen. It's up to you to decide!" -One Wise Woman

I did this for a soup kitchen and I did it as a fundraiser but the kitchen made a wish list and people bought off of this list. I put one order in for the kitchen with multiple pmts and then all the individual orders. It worked pretty well.

Quote Quote by wadesgirl View Post
    I had someone interested in doing this - we talked about doing it like a bridal shower. Having the "host" come up with a wish list for the church, guests can purchase for themselves and the church. Then the church can use the free products for more stuff.
    This is how I've handled my church "showers". Works out just fine. The "host" did have help from a committee in setting up the church's wishlist.
    Jeanine

I have thought about doing this like a bridal shower only making it a fundraiser and so the church would get products for the kitchen guests would walk away with what they wanted and PC would give the church Cash for other things they may need in the kitchen that maybe PC dosent cover like crockpots new appliances or whatever. I figure its a win win!

What great timing! I will be planning one of these for the church kitchen for this month in the next day or so. I didn't even think about doing it as a shower!

Sandi

Register to reply

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

1. Pampering a Church Kitchen
    By janinetacey in forum Fundraisers
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-05-2010, 11:36 AM
  2. Stock the Church Kitchen
    By Beth1170 in forum Theme Shows
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-07-2009, 09:15 PM
  3. My Church Kitchen Fundraiser