Pampered Chef Thread: August Guest Special

Default August Guest Special

The August guest special has the grill pan/press/scraper and recipe collection guests can order for $149. Will this total go toward the total sales for the show, and the host sales for free product? I am assuming yes, but since it is a special, I am not sure how it will be figured.

What do you all think?
    Nancy Aloway

Yes. The total a guest pays always goes toward the show total. Only the past host special ordered by the past host doesn't count toward a show qualifying.
    Sharon
    Team Leader

Proud, Pampered Army Wife to Travis for almost 18 years (October 26, 1994)
    We've lived in Kansas, Texas, Virginia, Germany, New Jersey, and Colorado
    Momma to Tristan - Dec. 9, 2006
    Consultant for the BEST direct sales company around since July 1997
    All great change in America begins at the dinner table. ~ Ronald Reagan

Yes, it does. However, that can't be the way a host gets to that first $150 in sales. For instance, if Patty Past-host orders the grill pan special, and Helen Host has only $50 in additional sales, it won't count as a show. However, IF Helen Host has $260 in sales and Patty Past-host then orders the grill pan special, that show is now at over $400 in sales.

Remember, too, that the past host special does not count toward commissionable sales. I believe that's part of why that rule went into effect. In past seasons there have been consultants to came away from a show with $0 in commissionable sales because the whole show was cookware purchased through the past-host special.
    Blessings!
    Rae Bates

"I am not a psychologist. Anything said here that seems the least bit psychological, I probably made it up. Anything that seems psycho is all me."--Anita Renfroe
    I blog at www.mommabates.wordpress.com. It's not fantastic, but I'm having fun.

Quote Quote by raebates View Post
    Yes, it does. However, that can't be the way a host gets to that first $150 in sales. For instance, if Patty Past-host orders the grill pan special, and Helen Host has only $50 in additional sales, it won't count as a show. However, IF Helen Host has $260 in sales and Patty Past-host then orders the grill pan special, that show is now at over $400 in sales.

Remember, too, that the past host special does not count toward commissionable sales. I believe that's part of why that rule went into effect. In past seasons there have been consultants to came away from a show with $0 in commissionable sales because the whole show was cookware purchased through the past-host special.
    I don't think that is correct. I'll attach the flyer from HO. I don't see anything on there saying it doesn't qualify toward the $150 minimum show. The only thing that doesn't count toward that first $150 is the past host 60% off benefit. Unless I missed something...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Director
    ...on Chef Success since 1/21/05
    ...Pampered Chef Host for almost 20 years before joining but no one asked - I was a Home Office lead. ASK EVERYONE!

I agree Beth - it is simply a "bundle" offer just as we had the DCB offer earlier in the year. There is no stipulations as to sales amount.
    Linda....Team Leader~finally...after 5 years!

[I]Planning to Promote to Director in 2014 and travel with the Pampered Chef!.

My bad. I was thinking of the Past Host Special. (Which is why I kept saying "Past Host Special." I had the right answer to the wrong question. LOL!) Yes, the Guest Special is like anything else a guest orders--part of the Guest Sales and Commissionable Sales.

I forgot completely about the fantastic deal they're offering guests. I'm still thinking June and July.
    Blessings!
    Rae Bates

"I am not a psychologist. Anything said here that seems the least bit psychological, I probably made it up. Anything that seems psycho is all me."--Anita Renfroe
    I blog at www.mommabates.wordpress.com. It's not fantastic, but I'm having fun.

Register to reply

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

1. August Guest Special Not Showing
    By taterbug in forum Personal Pampered Chef Websites
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-14-2010, 09:29 PM
  2. August Guest Special - How many???
    By chefdianne in forum Increasing Sales
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-06-2007, 03:04 PM
  3. ?? on August guest special
    By KellyRedHead in forum Increasing Sales