How about: Enter Bookings
I'm working on putting together a checklist for myself so that I don't forget things while I'm closing out a show. I can remeber the obvious things of course (entering orders, printing receipts), but I also like to send an email to my guests directing them to my website and such.
What are the things you do when you close out a show?
So far I have:
•Thank you email to guests
•Thank you note
I'm not thinking too clearly since it's so late, so I'm sure I'm missing something, wouldn't even be surprised if it was something quite major.
How about: Enter Bookings
What does MACs mean?
I try to stay on top of entering emails to IContact after each show. That way I don't have a stack at a time!
Not sure if these are necessary....
As a sub-topic - Check for Guest Special (if they're close, call and let them know. If they met the $60, make sure to enter)
Enter email addresses to newsletter list
Deposit checks and cash
Email promised recipes or recipe booklet for products ordered
Designate a time/date for CCC in a month
Oh, also to verify if Past Host is interested in host special
Yes! Perfect, keep 'em coming. I want the list to be as comprehensive as possible. I'd rather see something on the list and determine it isn't necessary for that particular show, than not have it on the list and never do it.
Ok cool....here's some wishful thinking, cause one day I'll be on top of it! lol
I'd like to replenish host packets and lap boards (so I'll be ready for the next show)
I need to take note of this Show closing checklist as well!!
Noora...please post when you get done assembling! If I get a chance, I'll look at the things posted here, but since you're already putting it together....
Oh, and I forgot I had this...and there are likely duplications, but I wanted to post real quick before heading off to make dinner. Here is a checklist I made for myself for submitting shows:
• Name, Address, Phone – Completed
• Check item number to item description they listed
• Check QUANTITY (can't tell you how many times I've left this as 1- thankfully small things!)
• Any Pantry Items ordered? (I always forget to check that part of the receipt!!)
• Past Host?
• Eligible for Guest Special?
• Past Host- order item eligible? (if a level promo- get only ONE)
• Host Special – order item eligible for?
• Payment – Credit cards – double check #s, exp, and NAME (include initials)
• Follow up with any booking leads
• Host- business opportunity?
Thanks Noora....great list. My team and I thank you!
I'm gald you are all finding it useful.
Please feel free to comment if you feel something is missing.