Do you all pay for the ingredients or do your hostess'?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Do you all pay for the ingredients or do your hostess'?

I have been doing it recently and mentioning to my host that it is my gift to her, and remind her of the $15 free prod. that she will still receive.

I give my hostesses the grocery list and have the buy the groceries.

What about for those make ahead parties or express parties?

I buy the ingredients because I prep it at home and then bring the things to the show and throw it together. But I don't let people know this....when I do a booth, I do a drawing for a "FREE COOKING SHOW". I tell them it's a special that I am running that the ingredients are on me for all the shows that are booked out of this fair(or event). It makes them feel good about booking and also that they still get $15 in free product.

that is a good idea!! I buy the ingredients mainly because I know that they will be there, and the correct proportions..and I usually measure them out at home and put in prep bowls so that they are ready to throw in at the show. That way I also can decide whether I want to chop nuts ahead of time, or let someone use the chopper at the show...etc.

I have the host buy the ingredents, i figure that's why they get the 15$ in product. I've not yet had any problems with what they purchase ~tiffany p

I personally by the ingreadence becasue I prep ahead of time, and I know what brand foods will work the best etc...

how much do you typically spend? How many recipes do you make?

I typically spend more than $15.00 dollars.... becasue I buy the expensive stuff....I make three recipies right now.. that I rotate... I try an add a new recipie every month but my family is the gennipigs first go around.

I spend about 15 probably...I bring one or two quick recipes and make something there.

For everyone that does buy the ingredients themselves, will you claim the expense? I typically buy recipe items when I am grocery shopping for my house, so the receipt has a combination...and a lot of ingredients are typcial household items...how would you prove it if you were audited?

I do a little of both. Depending on who my host is and which recipe I'm using and how much I want to prep ahead of time.

I have the host reimburse me for the ingredients when we close the show. I buy them & bring them with me. I've never had anyone complain b/c I mention when I host coach that they get $15 in free products for it. I also give them a chance to get food for free with $200 in outside orders, or 2 bookings before the show, or $100 in oo & 1 booking.

I buy the ingredients and just highlight them on my receipts for tax purposes (you can also write off the mileage to the store then). As others have mentioned, I like to prep at home and have everything ready for the show.

Diane

I flip-flop on who purchases them. It depends on the recipe and the host (if they seem even the slightest bit flaky, I buy them). But a couple women in my cluster have the host reimburse them and have had great luck with that. They make sure to point out the $15 additional host credit, and mention it on the first coaching call, so it's not a surprise to the host.

I only do select recipes - For example, this month, the host can choose Garlic Parmesan bites w/ ranch & marinara sauces & Mom's Apple Crisp, or she can choose Hot Pizza dip w/ baguettes & Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake.
    Then, I buy my ingredients in bulk - saves me alot of money, and I know that I have everything I need - I do most of my prep work at home, and one recipe is always complete and in the oven when guests arrive. My recipes are specifically chosen to highlight Stoneware, Cookware, and SA for serving. I pass around one recipe while I am doing my intro., and then quickly demo the next recipe, and while that is in the oven/micro., I go over the catalog & we do introductions and favorite products. My shows start at 7, and I am always done with the presentation and taking orders by 8:15 - 8:30.

Oh - I forgot to mention - I do have my host provide a few items......usually they provide the ice cream or cool whip to go with dessert, and a couple other ingredients - stuff I don't need to prep, and that they can't really screw up (like eggs for the cake etc....)

Facebook:
    Visit
    Twitter:
    Visit
    I used to have the host purchase the ingredients. After one too many "Sour cream? I thought it said cream cheese" mix-ups, I switched. (They had the ingredients in writing. I still don't know what went wrong.)

When I first started buying the ingredients myself, I had the host reimburse me $10. I let my host know about it from the start. It averaged out to pay for pretty much everything I bought, and I was sure I had the right ingredients.

Now I buy the ingredients and consider it a tax-deductible business expense. For me it's a good business strategy. Of course, I'm also making my recipe before I arrive, so it works for me.
    Last edited by raebates; 10-31-2006 at 02:46 PM.

Facebook:
    Visit
    Twitter:
    Visit
    Another plus buying my own stuff--when I need THAWED Cool Whip for a recipe, it's actually thawed. Ever try to pipe frozen cool whip onto a dish? Not fun.

I buy the ingredients and write them off. For me, because I keep kosher, it is the only way for me to be certain the food is acceptable.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

1. Need an Idea with these ingredients available
    By Kathytnt in Chef's Lounge
    Replies: 3
    11-07-2007, 07:14 PM
  2. Cheap Ingredients
    By DizziePixie in Recipes and Tips
    Replies: 7
    08-06-2007, 11:14 AM
  3. HELP!! Need ingredients...
    By pamperedchef_OK_LA_MS in Chef's Lounge