Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Sheila
  • 1 Post By chefjeanine
  • 1 Post By MaryannNic

Is it possible to sell from Australia?

My husband is thinking of taking a job in Australia. I know that Pampered Chef isn't there. I about the credit cards and shipments. But, we are going to set up a mail box in the US so things can be repackaged and sent to us while we are there.

I'm thinking it could still be possible. I think I would have to be the consultant acting as host each time, and I would have to deal with currency conversions. I just don't want to give up Pampered Chef! I really love it!

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Sorry but you can't sell outside the USA.

I know that we have Pampered Chef Consultants in Canada, the UK, Germany and Mexico. I would call the Home Office to confirm.

Sorry! You can't be a US Consultant selling to locals in any other country. Right now, we have sister corporations in the United Kingdom, Germany, Canada and Mexico ... but not yet in Australia.

1) You wouldn't be able to data entry their address, our system only takes US addresses.
    2) They wouldn't be able to do a warranty return from there.
    3) The cost to re-ship items from your US mailing address to overseas (think of the weight!) would probably outweigh the commission benefits
    4) You couldn't recruit & build a team.
    5) You'd be facing charges with Australian Customs since you are not paying import taxes.
    MaryannNic likes this.

On the other hand, would there be a problem (perhaps computer issues) with her running catalog parties in the USA while she was in Australia?
    MaryannNic likes this.

Quote Quote by Sheila View Post
    Sorry! You can't be a US Consultant selling to locals in any other country. Right now, we have sister corporations in the United Kingdom, Germany, Canada and Mexico ... but not yet in Australia.

1) You wouldn't be able to data entry their address, our system only takes US addresses.
    2) They wouldn't be able to do a warranty return from there.
    3) The cost to re-ship items from your US mailing address to overseas (think of the weight!) would probably outweigh the commission benefits
    4) You couldn't recruit & build a team.
    5) You'd be facing charges with Australian Customs since you are not paying import taxes.
    I thought that since she was moving there, that she might be able to move her business as well. That's why I suggested she contact Home Office. Thanks for clarifying!

It looks like I am going to have to part ways with Pampered Chef. So sad! But, we aren't there yet! So it's party time until then!
    Sheila likes this.

Quote Quote by chefjeanine View Post
    On the other hand, would there be a problem (perhaps computer issues) with her running catalog parties in the USA while she was in Australia?
    If HO ever found out she wasn't in the US or on a US military base overseas, they'd more than likely drop her. They would be showing her earning income in the US, so there's the US taxes issue to consider. She'd have to have a US based bank account. They wouldn't deposit money to an overseas bank. Not being able to get catalogs & mail host packets would be a challenge too.

Quote Quote by Sheila View Post
    If HO ever found out she wasn't in the US or on a US military base overseas, they'd more than likely drop her. They would be showing her earning income in the US, so there's the US taxes issue to consider. She'd have to have a US based bank account. They wouldn't deposit money to an overseas bank. Not being able to get catalogs & mail host packets would be a challenge too.
    Thanks, Sheila. I didn't follow the thought (obviously) through all these challenges. I've never lived overseas so the banking issues never crossed my mind. And then of course there ARE the paperwork issues.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

1. SO...what SELLING from the new product line up??
    By nancycookspc in Increasing Sales
    Replies: 19
    03-21-2010, 02:06 AM
  2. Replies: 5
    07-27-2007, 10:59 PM
  3. Replies: 11
    10-30-2006, 12:25 AM
  4. Just got email from possible recruit
    By bbauman07 in Recruiting Discussion
    Replies: 2
    09-14-2005, 04:38 PM
  5. Great Tips from Nancy Jo Ryan Re Stop Sell Items