Ideas for Neighborhood Flyers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I would like to go around to my neighbors and surrounding homes to ask for possible show bookings. Does anyone have any ideas about what I should bring. Do I just bring a mini catalog or a regular catalog? Does anyone have a flyer I could use to explain to the neighbors who I am and what I am looking for?
    Thanks !!

Just search the files here....I found several that were very useful!

Thanks for the info.

I'm getting started and I was thinking of doing the very same thing!! I wanted to put some flyers in people's mailboxes around my neighborhood so I could get more bookings. However, my Director told me that most people who don't know who I am will not want to contact me and it would kind of be a waste of time.
    I disagree with her, somewhat. I live in an area where there hasn't been a Pampered Chef consultant around in MONTHS!! I think many people (who are PC fans) would be excited to see that there is a consultant nearby and they will want to book a show. What do ya'll think?

I think covering the neighborhood is a great idea and we are thinking of doing the same thing. However just a warning it is illegal to put anything in a mailbox if it isn't mailed, so I would put a flier in the fence or put mini catalogs in a bag on their doors and avoid putting anything in mailboxes.

Quote Quote by reneenshelcook4u View Post
    I think covering the neighborhood is a great idea and we are thinking of doing the same thing. However just a warning it is illegal to put anything in a mailbox if it isn't mailed, so I would put a flier in the fence or put mini catalogs in a bag on their doors and avoid putting anything in mailboxes.
    Hmm...Is that the law in ALL states because I don't ever remember hearing anything like that here in AZ and I have lived here almost my whole life!

Thanks for letting me know though! That's something I need to look into.

Yes...in all states.

when i moved with a different direct sales company, i made flyers and put them in all the mailboxes in my new neighborhood saying i would do an open house. I put out over 300 flyers. The next day I got half of them back from the mailman, he collected every one he saw and put them in my box. I thought ok, half are still out there, unforunately i didn't know which half he collected to re hand out. So had everything prepped the night of my open house and not one single person showed....

not to discourage you, but strangers will not come

All mailboxes say something to the effect of "property of the United States Postal Service". they may or may not take them, but it is illegal none the less.

People who haven't had a direct personal contact with you, or been referred to you by someone they know, will not call you to book a show. It doesn't matter if they haven't had a PC consultant in the area (and how would you know this, anyway - since PC doesn't give out statistics concerning consultants?) if they've never met you, they aren't going to call you because of a flyer.

Not trying to be mean - but I've done it, and so has everyone else here when they were a newbie...never heard of it working for anyone! Personal, direct contact is the BEST way to book parties.

Quote Quote by emiscookin View Post
    Hmm...Is that the law in ALL states because I don't ever remember hearing anything like that here in AZ and I have lived here almost my whole life!

Thanks for letting me know though! That's something I need to look into.

Yes- it's Federal Law....That's why many folks will put it on the flag, or some other way. My box has a newspaper box on the bottom.

As a side note....I've done flyers before- in my small neighborhood (about 70 homes). I got one show out of it once, which led to another....but then her friend/a guest signed up as a consultant (not with me), so it was short-lived.

I may put some of my extra old catalogs with a 1/2 page flyer in mailboxes, but I'm not wasting money on them, nor am I going to do any future "open houses" with my neighborhood, etc. It's never amounted to anything worthwhile, and just cost me lots of $$$.

You never know. If it doesn't cost you alot of money, and you are willing to try- why not. Good luck.
    Other options (which I've not yet done myself, but have heard others have great success) - is Pampering a Business. There are a few great threads on the topic- just do a search on it or look in the Sales forum. Once you find one, look at the bottom of the screen for more threads of similar topic.

she's not asking about putting out flyers, she said she was going to go around and talk to people and is asking what types of things she needs to have with her to hand out.
    I agree, she may not have great results, but if she doesn't know anyone in the area, and she gets one show booked, that could be all it takes to start her carreer.

Quote Quote by lesliec View Post
    she's not asking about putting out flyers, she said she was going to go around and talk to people and is asking what types of things she needs to have with her to hand out.
    I agree, she may not have great results, but if she doesn't know anyone in the area, and she gets one show booked, that could be all it takes to start her carreer.
    Yes- I noticed that the OP didn't ask about that. Someone else mentioned the flyers/mailbox further down the thread.

I'm not brave enough to do "cold-calls", so can't offer any advice on that aspect from personal experience. But if I COULD do that - Maybe just introducing yourself, without the expectation or sales pitch? Offer them a couple of great summer recipes that are quick and easy. make it about THEM. Let the conversation start, and see where it takes you. That would be my approach (if I had the nerve )

Quote Quote by esavvymom View Post
    Yes- I noticed that the OP didn't ask about that. Someone else mentioned the flyers/mailbox further down the thread.

I'm not brave enough to do "cold-calls", so can't offer any advice on that aspect from personal experience. But if I COULD do that - Maybe just introducing yourself, without the expectation or sales pitch? Offer them a couple of great summer recipes that are quick and easy. make it about THEM. Let the conversation start, and see where it takes you. That would be my approach (if I had the nerve )
    Ok, that person would have been me and I apologize for leading this post in a different direction. So, ChefAndiHV, I am sorry for taking the attention off your original question.

I wish you luck in trying to expand your business. I'm sorry I don't have any advice. I too, am not brave enough to do "cold-calls."

Can't believe I had no idea the whole "putting things in a mailbox" is illegal!! Darn... Guess I will just have to think of something else.

I'm getting started and I was thinking of doing the very same thing!! I wanted to put some flyers in people's mailboxes around my neighborhood so I could get more bookings. However, my Director told me that most people who don't know who I am will not want to contact me and it would kind of be a waste of time.
    I disagree with her, somewhat. I live in an area where there hasn't been a Pampered Chef consultant around in MONTHS!! I think many people (who are PC fans) would be excited to see that there is a consultant nearby and they will want to book a show. What do ya'll think?
    I know that recently one of consultants on here did that in a neighborhood if you go back and look its on here. Probably two months or so Feb maybe. But I think your key if your going to do this is not putting in in the mailbox. Do it at a time when people are home and talk to people. Contact with a person is so much more vital then a flyer. When I get a flyer I just put it with all my junk mail. But if someone comes to the door I think I am more likely to listen and maybe even be intersted in what they are selling. You might get someone who would be interested in booking that way. Just my Humble Opinion.

Ok, that person would have been me and I apologize for leading this post in a different direction. So, ChefAndiHV, I am sorry for taking the attention off your original question.

I wish you luck in trying to expand your business. I'm sorry I don't have any advice. I too, am not brave enough to do "cold-calls."

Can't believe I had no idea the whole "putting things in a mailbox" is illegal!! Darn... Guess I will just have to think of something else.
    I think the majority of the population doesn't know this, so don't feel bad. Now that you know, you can avoid any repercussion.

When I first started, I went around my neighbourhood and dropped mini cats and flyers off on each doorstep. I bought the plastic bags from Merrill and hung them on door knobs. Just 100 of them and I only hit 3 streets in my area. The only thing I've noticed that I may have gotten is one person subscribe to my newsletter.

Just last week, I had an Avon lady show up at my door to introduce herself and drop off a catalog. I already have a few friends who sell Avon so I said "no thankyou". After she left, a light bulb went off and I asked myself why I wasnt doing the same thing. I think my number one reason for not doing it though is because I work from home I get constant solicitors at my door all day long and I hate to be bugged in the evening when its my family time. But has anyone else done this and gotten great results from it??

Don't apologize! We all do it. And it's a good question.

Quote Quote by CAPCnewbie View Post

Just last week, I had an Avon lady show up at my door to introduce herself and drop off a catalog. I already have a few friends who sell Avon so I said "no thankyou". After she left, a light bulb went off and I asked myself why I wasnt doing the same thing. I think my number one reason for not doing it though is because I work from home I get constant solicitors at my door all day long and I hate to be bugged in the evening when its my family time. But has anyone else done this and gotten great results from it??
    If only I had the nerve!! Maybe when I keep on meeting more people and getting out of my shell I will be able to do that, but right now...I dunno...

WOW !!!! I must say thank you for all of the comments made on this thread. I too am a little nervous about going to door to door, but I am trying to get my business jump started and thought visiting with the neighbors might work. I realize now I may have had unrealistic expectations, but you never know until you try right ??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

1. Please Help! ISO: Teacher/School Flyers & Ideas
    By Pampered_Marcia in Flyers & Letters
    Replies: 0
    02-26-2007, 01:17 PM
  2. Need ideas for Neighborhood Kitchen show
    By onepamperedmom68 in Theme Shows
    Replies: 8
    01-29-2006, 11:06 AM
  3. Pc Flyers And Ideas Membership???
    By DebbieSAChef in Flyers & Letters