Pampered Chef And Tastefully Simple

What do you think if a PC Consultant wanted to do both PC and TS, their commision is 35% for all consultants

Would it be good to be a consultant for both???

Facebook:
    Visit
    Twitter:
    Visit
    I'm sure there are others who would disagree. I'll let them speak for themselves.

Personally, I can't imagine being passionate enough about two different companies to do a good job selling both. Plus, if she reached the level of director, she'd have to choose one or the other.

BTW, that 35% may be slightly deceptive. I believe they have to pay for many of the specials and maybe even a fee for those who use credit cards. I could have them mixed up with a few other companies.

Yes, you have to pay for everyone who uses a cc and also you have to pay for all the sample packets that your hostesses use.

a friend and hostess of mine sells, and I know about charges as I was going to pay for order with cc and then asked her if she had to pay anything, if so I would write her a check and they have to pay not only a fee either monthly or quarterly but also a % of charge.

hth,

Lisa

I have a friend who does it and explained to me that its not really 35% once they pay for host gifts, sample packets for hosts, etc. She barely makes anything back compared to us. We are very fortunate with our commissions I think!

Facebook:
    Visit
    Twitter:
    Visit
    It's so difficult when another DS company says, "You'll make 35% commission with us." It sounds like so much more than the 20% base starting commission. Getting past that to what you can really make with PC is sometimes a struggle for me. Since NC I'm switching to a show average for beginners instead of a percentage when asked about commission.

Keep in mind also what our Consultant Agreement states. The consultant would not be able to sell TS at a PC party, and I don't believe we're allowed to cross-solicit our customer base.

Also, once you promote to Director, you are not allowed to be a part of any other DS company.

I personally wouldn't just because of all the stress that it would entail of keeping the shows, sales, taxes, deductions, customer base, etc. separated.

I wouldn't be as passionate about TS while being a PC consultant. At one point I remember just loving TS. But honestly, now that we have such good rubs and I love our Beer Bread equally, I really am not tempted by TS anymore.

I'd save the other TS food items for special occasions and then feel guilty using them. Plus a lot of them I still needed to add a bunch of other ingredients too, to turn it into a fuller recipe or something, and by the time I did that it ended up being a pretty expensive meal.

But that's just me. I remember thinking that of all the DS companies, TS and PC would be the ones I'd do. But after learning about all the pluses of PC, I am so glad I chose this one. I mean, we sell great food items too, plus the whole rest of our catalog. So we can please a wider variety of people.

Running 2 companies that have cross over lines, I think would be hard.

Just for the record, besides the cc charge (a per card charge + yearly fee for being able to take a card), they have to buy the Host Rewards ($10 for every $100 in sales) and buy the product for samples.

In the end, they end up making around 20%. It is a little deceptive.

And no, you can't sell TS at a PC show. That is in the Consultant Agreement.

However, all DS companies have customer dedication to their product. I love TS and purchase it a few times a year from my rep. We all have to stick together!

I always wonder what their show average is. How does our 20%+ on a $500 show compare to their 35% on their average show, plus the expenses that have been noted?

Quote Quote by jwpamp View Post
    Just for the record, besides the cc charge (a per card charge + yearly fee for being able to take a card), they have to buy the Host Rewards ($10 for every $100 in sales) and buy the product for samples.

In the end, they end up making around 20%. It is a little deceptive.

And no, you can't sell TS at a PC show. That is in the Consultant Agreement.

However, all DS companies have customer dedication to their product. I love TS and purchase it a few times a year from my rep. We all have to stick together!
    I just love how "other" DS companies try to reel you in with 30-50% commission when the bottom figures IS NOT that much, after all is said and done!

Quote Quote by Becca_in_MD View Post
    I always wonder what their show average is. How does our 20%+ on a $500 show compare to their 35% on their average show, plus the expenses that have been noted?
    Well, if you had an $800 show with a PC business, you would make $200 (at 25%). $200 less a 60 cent SB cookbook as a Door Prize and a $1.25 Grocery Recycleable Bag or a Calendar as a Host Thank You Gift.

So let's say you made a total of $198 with PC.

With a $800 TS Show, at 35%, you would make $280. Now let's say that $200 was on charges (that's 25% of the show, easy to do)....at a 3% charge, it's $6 (I won't add in the $$ for even taking the card, we'll call that a yearly business expense). Product for the show at cost -- $12 (dip mixes, cups, little spoons, crackers, bread, etc)...I am guessing there. Then there is the $80 for the Host Rewards ($10 for every $100 in sales). I am not sure if they put in $$ for half price or host-only items, so I am not adding anything else in.

Bottom line -- $800 show makes $182 with TS ($280 - $6 (cc) - $12 (food) - $80 (host rewards).

If I am off calculating the food cost, or if you are making less than 25% with PC, then we are about the same --
    Last edited by jwpamp; 07-26-2009 at 09:05 PM.

You cannot represent both companies--we sell pantry items that compete with theirs, so it's a no-no. Plus they have a few serving items that might be considered competitive. I have a friend that sells TS and I make more money than she does show for show.

Facebook:
    Visit
    Twitter:
    Visit
    When I started with PC, I didn't step down from the jewelry biz. However, I didn't sell anything after I signed.

There is a reason I switched to PC. It's just way more practical!

Sure, you can partner with a TS consultant and cross sell .. however you'll find that people have a limited amount of money to spend. You'd probably lose!

Quote Quote by Di_Can_Cook View Post
    When I started with PC, I didn't step down from the jewelry biz. However, I didn't sell anything after I signed.

There is a reason I switched to PC. It's just way more practical!

Sure, you can partner with a TS consultant and cross sell .. however you'll find that people have a limited amount of money to spend. You'd probably lose!
    I recently met a lady that is working for an up-and-coming new skin care company. There are only 15 reps in my entire state right now. The product is absolutely great. She said she'd love to have me on her team. Many thoughts financially went through my head: Nancy Jo got in on the beginnings of a great business and look where she is. But....I chose PC because I love to cook and I love what I do. I don't see myself being pationate over skin care. Money isn't always a factor for me.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

1. Replies: 32
    07-29-2008, 09:22 PM
  2. Pampered Chef and Tastefully Simple 2
    By cewcooks in Bookings
    Replies: 5
    07-04-2008, 07:26 PM
  3. Pampered Chef and Tastefully Simple
    By cewcooks in Bookings
    Replies: 12
    05-18-2008, 09:24 PM
  4. Pampered Chef with Tastefully Simple