How does AVON work?

I know how PC and Mary Kay works, but what about AVON? How do they get paid, place orders, etc? Also, are there any start up costs? I'm not thinking of selling it. I'm talking to someone who may be interested in joining PC and currently sells AVON and I'd just like to be familiar with the process.

Avon: Depending on how much you sell you can make 10%-50% Some things you make a 20% profit up front. There is not a quota you need to meet, so there is really no going inactive. They are not pushy about how much you should be selling or to get anybody to join. They do reward you for signing people up. You are given chances to buy demo products real cheap to make bigger profits. Sometimes it costs nothing to join if there having a promo. I think there might be a $20.00 fee other times. I know people who make a living selling Avon, some people "sell" for the personal discount. Products are wide ranges in prices. Hope this helps.

I've sold Avon twice before, but the last time was a year or so ago. The startup cost is very minimal, but you don't get any products. The biggest problem I had was that people would place orders and never pick them up and pay for them. They don't have to pay up front. Then you get stuck with products you have to sell to somebody else or pay to ship back. Also, the average order is so much less than TPC. Of course, you could require payment up front and that would eliminate that problem. But you just don't sell as much and there is the problem of the wrong color. $100+ orders of Avon are almost non-existent. You also have to constantly buy new catalogs because they change every few weeks. Yes, I've done so much better with TPC and the compensation has been much more. I'm in SS3 and looking forward to earning my monthly SS bonus and plus bonus this month. I will have to say I do like Avon products, but just not selling them.

Jeanie Gay

I have a friend that sells it and has tried to recruit me for years. they have a new "campaign" every 2 weeks (which means buying and giving out new books). you can use the internet to place your orders or mail, my friend uses the net. almost positive they get paid every 2 weeks. the start up fee is very low...around 10 bucks for most campaigns. when you join you get 50% commission on your first so many campaigns if you do it by internet cant remember all the details about that. i think thats about all i can remember. the last time she tried to recruit me was nov. of last year so it has probably changed alittle but not much. HTH

cat
    It cost $5.80 for 10 books! But there was a discount on quantity. Buying 20 was a little cheaper than 10 and buying 30 was slightly cheaper than 20..
    They also don't send commission checks. Basically after you order the products, Avon charges you the reduced amount and you keep the difference (your commission). So unless you keep records of your commission, it's easy to lose track. (Well, for me anyway). I made more selling PC in one month than I did selling Avon in 6 months!

AND I HATED making deliveries! Took up a lot of time and gas money!

Quote Quote by cat
    It cost $5.80 for 10 books! But there was a discount on quantity. Buying 20 was a little cheaper than 10 and buying 30 was slightly cheaper than 20..
    They also don't send commission checks. Basically after you order the products, Avon charges you the reduced amount and you keep the difference (your commission). So unless you keep records of your commission, it's easy to lose track. (Well, for me anyway). I made more selling PC in one month than I did selling Avon in 6 months!

AND I HATED making deliveries! Took up a lot of time and gas money!

Me too! I hated Canvassing (throwing 100-200 books) every 2 weeks to try and build my client base then having to sort and deliver the orders was time consuming as well! I made 0 from selling Avon for 60 months. As compared to TPC I have made $2000 at least. And Avon did not have any incentive programs or free trips or free products to give away ever!

Sounds like TPC is much better!

I love PC and have made more money doing it............but Avon was easier (for me). But I feel it's like comparing Apples to Oranges. I sill have Avon on the go, I have a customer base still. It costs me $16.00 a month for books, I like to spend $4.00 on samples that's my only costs. But I don't really sell for the money but for my own discount. It works out that I get everything free and end up with a about 250.00 in the bank so no big deal!!!

Ps. If I were to do it again, it would only be for my own discounts and maybe some family who liked avon stuff. I bought $200 of Mary K stuff and have never used it because I found I liked Avon products much better!

I met this lady at the 4-H event and she told me she just started to sell Avon. I was thinking about asking her about PC.

I would totally try to convert her if she hasn't had any success after 6 months! Or ASAP !

cat
    Quote Quote by rennea
    I love PC and have made more money doing it............but Avon was easier (for me). But I feel it's like comparing Apples to Oranges. I sill have Avon on the go, I have a customer base still. It costs me $16.00 a month for books, I like to spend $4.00 on samples that's my only costs. But I don't really sell for the money but for my own discount. It works out that I get everything free and end up with a about 250.00 in the bank so no big deal!!!

Well, I guess it all depends WHY the person is selling Avon. If she is trying to make money, I think PC provides a better opportunity. But if she is just looking for a discount because she loves the products, that is a different story.

I love PC because of the PRODUCTS, extra money and the incentives to earn prodcts for FREE!

I liked Avon for their products, but did not earn much in commission!

Cat: I feel the same way about PC. When I call the Avon rep I'll ask her about PC. She circled an 8 on my survey slip.

Hey,where in Central Jersey are you? I'm about 30 minutes from Atlantic City

cat
    Hi Anne,

I'm in Somerset, New Jersey. I think it's about 2 hours from Atlantic City!

Let us know how it goes with this potential recruit!

Cool! My brother-in-law lived in Somerset. He just moved to... gosh... I'm not sure.

I am excited about the recruit! I have my director coming with me, so I can't screw this up! I have one recruit who went inactive otherwise, I would be a Future! BUT its ok, I am excited about her because I am taking her to the BRU event in June, and she said she has a booking coming up, so it just may happen!! Thank you so much for your kind words!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

1. What's your favorite Avon product?
    By SilverCeladon in Chef's Lounge
    Replies: 13
    01-05-2008, 02:20 PM
  2. Please help! I am at work...
    By Brandi2007 in Flyers & Letters
    Replies: 2
    11-12-2007, 11:28 AM
  3. Does anyone think this would work?
    By Kandio in Recipes and Tips
    Replies: 9