Fall Products and Sneak Preview

I will be getting the $350 in fall products from the June Sell-a-thon. I am wondering if it's okay to have a "Sneak Preview" show in August and take pre-orders for September or have a show purely to get interest in Fall bookings -- for example, invite past hosts and preferred customers to come take a look but not buy anything -- but encourage them to book a show. Is that allowed?!

Maybe I could make a flyer telling them to leave their wallets at home but bring your calendar to be the first to book a Fall show with the new products. What do ya think?!

Beth in PA

I have a "sneak preview" show every August - I encourage ordering the items being discontinued......and make a big deal of unveiling the new products - but not selling them yet! Last year I got 8 bookings from this show!

Great idea ladies! I was thinking about doing a Host-guest appreciation show for the new fall season. Maybe I can tie this into it!

Quote Quote by ChefBeckyD
    I have a "sneak preview" show every August - I encourage ordering the items being discontinued......and make a big deal of unveiling the new products - but not selling them yet! Last year I got 8 bookings from this show!
    Thanks Becky, I REALLY like that idea.

Don't forget to tell people about those items that will be discontinued. There is money to be made (and customers to statisfy) with this information.

Quote Quote by chefjeanine
    Thanks Becky, I REALLY like that idea.

Don't forget to tell people about those items that will be discontinued. There is money to be made (and customers to statisfy) with this information.
    Yep! That's what I do - I have a big poster that says "Going, Going, Gone...."
    and I make a list of discontinued items - and let them know this will be their last chance to get them! I then just keep building excitement about the new season - I have the new products hidden under a cloth on a table with signs saying "no peeking", and I talk around the table until it's killing them to not know!
    I also make several new recipes before the show, and have everyone vote for which one they would most like to have at their show......they are helping me out, and also it gets them thinking about booking

When do you unveil the new products? At the end of your show? I usually do a open house and always have folks that place orders for the new products and then have to wait until September to submit the show.

Quote Quote by chefhelen
    When do you unveil the new products? At the end of your show? I usually do a open house and always have folks that place orders for the new products and then have to wait until September to submit the show.
    Well, I don't actually "do" a show. It's more of an open house, where when they arrive they can look around at items on display, help themselves to food, chat, and ask me questions. About 1/2 hour after the start time, I give a little presentation about the new season and all the benefits of booking, and get the results from my taste testing for new recipes.....and just keep building the excitement for all the new products until the unveiling - after the unveiling, I give them an opportunity to check out the new products and place their orders(but no - not for new products) and book their shows!

when will we know what items are being discontinued?

Pampered Laura
    After wave 3 is finished

Quote Quote by Pampered Laura
    After wave 3 is finished
    thank you!

I am planning my own show on August 18. I will take orders for an August show, then have a table covered like Becky does and take BOOKINGS for September and beyond once I uncover the table!

Quote Quote by jessica_momof6
    when will we know what items are being discontinued?
    The discontinued list will be in your special addition KCN that you'll get in the mail if you don't go to conference!

I like Becky's idea of showing the new products, but not selling them yet. When someone ask's when they can buy them say "At your show! Do you want early September or late?" I am getting SO excited to show off all the new products!!

I really like the idea of a fall sneak preview! I had an open house last November trying to get Dec. bookings, but it fizzled. But I had a GREAT fall season last year & this may be a great jumpstart! Thanks for the ideas! I love using the new recipes for a taste-testing & the unveiling. Who do you invite-how recent of hosts/guests would you invite?

Also, this is my first conference (wave 3) & will we get the special edition of KCN there, or will ours come in the mail too?

I haven't been to conference, but I think that you get the CN at conference and in the mail only if you didn't attend conference.

[QUOTE=pamperedgirl3]I really like the idea of a fall sneak preview! I had an open house last November trying to get Dec. bookings, but it fizzled. But I had a GREAT fall season last year & this may be a great jumpstart! Thanks for the ideas! I love using the new recipes for a taste-testing & the unveiling. Who do you invite-how recent of hosts/guests would you invite?

When I first started doing this, I was fairly new in the business - so invited anyone who had ever ordered from me......than the last couple yrs. I have invited past hosts, and preferred customers (those who order or come to shows on a regular basis). This yr, I am only inviting past hosts (almost 100)and inviting them to bring a friend.

I think this is the most excited I have ever been about a new selling season, I don't even leave for conference until Monday morning!! (We drive down).

Thanks, Gillian!

no problem!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

1. Sneak Preview F/W Products-Open House flyer
    By Jess_K in Flyers & Letters
    Replies: 10
    08-13-2007, 05:23 AM
  2. Sneak preview show
    By mrssyvo in Bookings
    Replies: 4
    08-09-2006, 08:38 AM
  3. Does anyone have a Sneak Preview Invite?
    By pckimboyers in Theme Shows
    Replies: 12
    08-06-2006, 02:46 PM
  4. How do you do a sneak preview show?
    By pckimboyers in Increasing Sales
    Replies: 19
    08-04-2006, 01:11 PM
  5. Sneak Preview show?
    By mrssyvo in Bookings
    Replies: 20
    07-26-2006, 02:20 PM