Cute way to tell the Christmas Story to kids K5-2nd

I have to tell the Story at church tomorrow night during my AWANA class. I want a different way to tell it. I know that East has the Resurrection Eggs and different ways. Does anyone know of one for Christmas? I want to do more than just read the story. I want a way that will stick in the minds of kids. We have a few kids that are just know beginning in church and may have never heard the "REAL" reason for Christmas.

Bumping for some replies.

I have printed off pictures to do the story and add the nativity items to a felt board but would still love to find something unique!

Facebook:
    Visit
    Twitter:
    Visit
    There are several books I've used through the years that tell the story from the point of view of one of the animals, the inn keeper, or someone else. Have you checked your local Christian bookstore?

Quote Quote by raebates View Post
    There are several books I've used through the years that tell the story from the point of view of one of the animals, the inn keeper, or someone else. Have you checked your local Christian bookstore?
    I have some books myself too. I just found out about this Sunday night and the closest book store is 90 miles away, so, I cannot go look for something different. I went shopping Friday and wish I had of known then.

Facebook:
    Visit
    Twitter:
    Visit
    As someone who lives in the geographical center of nowhere, I understand. Best wishes.

Quote Quote by vwpamperedchef View Post
    I did some online searches and came up with these. HTH.

Sunday School Curriculum

This is the one I printed off earlier to use. I have a felt board, I need to get some sand paper to make my print outs stick to my board.

We think a like again!

vwpamperedchef
    haha LOL...

Facebook:
    Visit
    A Christmas Story in 30 Seconds by Bunnies

Oh. Wrong Christmas Story. Never mind.

There is a book of Bible stories that have cutouts to go with them. I used it years ago to teach Sunday School and the kids loved it. Basically you tell the story and as you go along you are cutting a piece of paper (like how you make paper snowflakes) and at the end, you have some really neat cutout to show them. While the page is folded up, they have no idea what you are doing so they will be amazed and delighted to see what you make. Also, the curiosity reg. why is the teacher cutting up paper while she talks? will hold their attention. I am sorry to say I can't remember the name of this book, but I bet you can find it by searching online and then maybe your library will have it. I am pretty sure some of the cutting patterns are online as well.

If you decide to do this, you may want a helper to do the cutting. For me anyway, I wasn't coordinated to cut and talk at the same time!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

1. Cute story-- my 13 year old cooking
    By ChefMary412 in Chef's Lounge
    Replies: 5
    08-08-2008, 09:59 PM
  2. Planting seeds for recruiting story! Cute!
    By heat123 in Recruiting Discussion
    Replies: 0
    05-15-2008, 06:19 PM
  3. Cute toddler story!
    By ChefBeckyD in Chef's Lounge
    Replies: 17
    11-02-2007, 10:54 AM
  4. A Christmas Story
    By thechefofnorthbend in Chef's Lounge
    Replies: 13
    12-21-2006, 09:15 PM
  5. Pampered Chef Christmas Story