Like Tree9Likes
  • 2 Post By ChefShalon
  • 4 Post By BethCooks4U
  • 2 Post By Chef Gilles
  • 1 Post By BethCooks4U

Half Price and 60% off Items

Do we earn commission on these? I am thinking no

Nevermind, I always find my answers AFTER I post here.

I'm glad you found the answer

If anyone else is wondering, the answer is no.

I personally think we should though I have so many people buy the whole pans sets and that at half price would still be $100 commision, maybe they should do half commision on 50 and 60% offs or something like that.

I feel just fine about not getting commission on those things.

1. Many other DS companies make the consultant pay for the specials. I like that PC provides all the specials.

2. Often the host works harder to get her sales up so she can get those deals and often exceeds her goal which means more guest sales = more commission.

I'm just happy PC has a host rewards program at all! My last DS company nothing and I had to pay for anything I wanted to offer, and I almost didn't make enough to cover my expenses.

Facebook:
    Visit
    Twitter:
    Visit
    I'm not familiar with a product line that has consultants pay for specials, though I've heard many people say this.

I DON'T think they should count for commission but would like to see there be some sort of incentive, much like the past host's 60 percent off item counts towards their free product. For instance, can they count towards trip points? That would at least provide some incentive to encourage them to use their half price items on higher end merchandise.

That said, I understand us not getting commission on them. For instance, my July show went something like this:
    Guest sales, including past host: $1,103
    Total commissonable, after host purchases over and above FPV: $1,159
    Free product value: $440
    My commission: $278

My host had an interesting question: If she gets $440 free and I get more than $200 ... what's the mark up?

I am guessing it's about 60 percent, because they never sell anything for less than 60 percent off ...

I still think we do the JOB to promote the items that are being chosen as the special or the half priced items. When host consider pots and pans, I am the one bringing out documentation on both sets we offer and explain the differences. I know, for one, I do work woth the consultants when it comes times to pick their specials and half price items. I think I derserve commission for it.
    aried and cwinter474 like this.

By not getting commission on those items we also aren't tempted to push people to buy things they don't have a budget for. I suggest it is a good way to get higher price items and the best way to optimize their benefits but I also say "it's your budget so you don't want to use it or want to get lower cost items that is your choice." my hosts appreciate that. No pressure.
    Cathy pclady likes this.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

1. Half price items ?'s
    By chef-kina in Customer Care & Service
    Replies: 2
    09-03-2009, 10:03 PM
  2. Half-Price items
    By Belle4562 in Increasing Sales
    Replies: 3
    07-29-2008, 06:06 PM
  3. Half Price Items - Same?
    By ChefJWarren in Chef's Lounge