• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Overcoming Disappointment: Finding Motivation in Difficult Times

In summary, Allison is trying to get new recruits for her opportunity night, but only has 8 leads. She is hopeful that at least a few of them will show up.
GourmetGirl
Silver Member
So tonight is our Opportunity night and I was supposed to have 3-4 people coming with me. On Friday one of them told me now wasn't the right time to sign, but still wants to do a show with me, so that was one down. Also on Friday, another one told me that her boyfriend wouldn't be coming with her tonight, but that she would. Then today she is sick, so probably won't be coming. and I can't get a hold of the 4th person. I keep getting voice mails. Which I feel bad about, as I know that things have been very, very stressful for her right now. I am just way bummed because I went from getting to start August as a FD to still not having one recruit.

Am sorry to complain to y'all, but I am way frusterated right now and this 101 degree temperature outside isn't helping anything. I know there must be people out there who have gone through this sort of thing; what have you done to pick yourself back up and motivate yourself through the tough times?!?!

I got some good advice recently from my director. She reminded me that all I can do is ask and provide the opportunity. It is not something I did wrong if they choose not to join or if they join and then don't succeed. I had five recruits as of the end of March and was looking toward directorship and then of the five two have done absolutely nothing! One is working slowly toward quailfying but the other two are doing well. I was frustrated because I started out so well earning all of the superstarter bonuses and my first recruit earned most of them as well so I couldn't understand how they couldn't get shows and what was I not doing to help them. My director just reminded me to focus on my own shows, keep extending the offers for the opportunity and training help. Sometimes it feels like maybe we didn't do something right or even can take it personal when someone doesn't follow through.

Just remember that you're doing things right by keeping your schedule full and offering encouragement and the opportunity. Remember, that you still have people interested and you can always talk with them one on one if you are comfortable doing so. The special is still good all of August for new recruits so see what you can line up with them. With all the interest you have I'm sure it won't be long before you'll get that future director title!

I know, it can be frustrating. I did an opp night with a couple other consultants this spring, was supposed to have 4 come that were interested-not one of them showed. I"m still trying to get ahold of them! I like the saying I've heard several times....bless & release! All you can do is give them the opportunity, what they do with it is up to them. Maybe if it's not a good time now, just keep contact w/them. Keep them posted on what's new, & maybe they'll change their minds! Just keep your head up--keep smilin!:)
(& I know--it's been 105 here for almost 2 wks straight, if you're down-the heat makes you even dumpier! I'm sooo ready for fall weather!)

I totally understand Allison! I have had 8 leads and none of them have followed through after sending them info I have called to talk about the info and they say they haven't had time to go over it or this is not the right time for 1 reason or another!

I too am trying an Opportunity Night next week and sent out 19 invitations to those leads and some other's I thought might want to find out more about TPC. Crossing my fingers a least a few show up to hear about all the excited stuff we are offering.
On the positive side, 2 sisters are doing a catalog show who expressed serious interest in kit buy downs with their credit so I pray they follow through after their show is over! So I can be on my way to Recruiting finally!

Good luck to yours!

heat123 said:
I too am trying an Opportunity Night next week and sent out 19 invitations to those leads and some other's I thought might want to find out more about TPC. Crossing my fingers a least a few show up to hear about all the excited stuff we are offering.

Please, please, please be sure to follow-up with a phone call to each of them. Let them know you've had several people who were interested in the business and you wanted to take an evening to answer questions in an informal setting. Encourage them to bring a friend or spouse. If you'll have them (and didn't send one with the invitation) tell them that you'll have catalogs so they can see all the new products.

Opportunity Nights don't always work the way we'd like. . .but you just never know what's going to happen.

Oh, if you do an email newsletter, send an invitation to everyone (and no, you don't have to make followup phone calls ;) ). Someone might surprise you from out of the blue!

Hey there!! Don't be bummed...I know how it is. I just signed recruit #5, of those 5, 1 never did anything and one went in-active after almost a year in. So, right now I have 3 active and only two more to go. Everyone is right, just keep plugging along and before you know it you will look around and you will have your recruits. All you can do is offer and give them the information they want, from there it is up to them to take the opportunity or not. Some people just don't realize what is right in front of them.

I had an opportunity event and 2 showed (I invited 10) one signed right away and the other will probably sign before the end of the year. Make sure that you contact people by phone to remind them about the event. This way you won't be disappointed if no one shows.

I know I have to make reminder calls a day or 2 before the event (since no one seems to RSVP these days) . Thanks for the advice!

heat123 said:
I know I have to make reminder calls a day or 2 before the event (since no one seems to RSVP these days) . Thanks for the advice!
Good plan! I agree, that step is essential. I'm excited for you about your oppty night! Highlight for them that it's low-key and no obligation. And invite them to one of your cluster meetings too. It's always helpful for potential recruits to see what kind of support they can expect to receive as a new consultant.

And don't forget that I'm more than happy to do any 3 way calls with you with them if you want. I know I did that a few times with my director. :D And if you sign some of them (I hope you do!:) ) we can do some "new consultant training" conference calls too. What fun!:D

In response to Alison's post: Don't get down on yourself! LIke the other posts have said, they're not saying no to YOU! They're just saying the oppty isn't right for them right now. I'm a firm believer in a rolling potential recruit list. I have a notebook with one page for every potential recruit I've met. I make notes about each one and where I met them and what their thoughts and concerns are. They will always be out there as potential leads. I follow up with my whole list when there is a good incentive going on (like now). Others I'll find out when they want me to follow up with them and stick to that kind of schedule. Definitely refresh your memory from time to time who all is on your list. Someday in the future you can invite them to a cluster meeting/opportunity night. I sent out probably 40 or so invites to our next cluster meeting/"Sampling of the Pampered Chef." I included an invite, as well as the flyer for the current knife promotion for new recruits. So far one has basically signed (probably in the next day or so) even before the meeting! Another person wants to come to the meeting. I'm still trying to get in touch with most of them. AND phone calls are so important! I still have two weeks until our meeting and I'll be calling all I haven't talked to again.

Sorry for the long post!:)

1. How can I stay motivated when facing disappointment?

One of the best ways to stay motivated in difficult times is to focus on the bigger picture. Remind yourself of your goals and why they are important to you. It can also be helpful to break down your goals into smaller, achievable tasks to keep yourself moving forward. Surround yourself with supportive people and take care of your physical and mental well-being.

2. How do I overcome disappointment and keep a positive mindset?

It's important to acknowledge and process your feelings of disappointment, but try not to dwell on them. Instead, focus on finding the silver lining and learning from the experience. Practice gratitude and positive self-talk to shift your mindset. Engage in activities that bring you joy and make you feel good.

3. What are some practical steps I can take to overcome disappointment?

Start by identifying the source of your disappointment and what aspects of the situation are within your control. Take action to address any factors that you can change. Make a plan and set achievable goals for yourself. Seek support from friends, family, or a therapist if needed. Remember to be patient and kind to yourself in the process.

4. How can I use disappointment as motivation for future success?

Disappointment can be a powerful motivator if you channel it in the right way. Use it as a learning experience and an opportunity for growth. Reflect on what went wrong and how you can improve in the future. Set new, realistic goals for yourself and use your disappointment as fuel to work harder and achieve them.

5. What are some self-care practices that can help me overcome disappointment?

When facing disappointment, it's important to take care of yourself both physically and mentally. Make sure to get enough rest, exercise regularly, and eat well. Engage in activities that bring you joy and relaxation, such as reading, meditating, or spending time in nature. Seek support from loved ones and don't be afraid to ask for help if you need it.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• finley1991
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • beepampered
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
mscharf
  • cincychef