• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Do We Get Our Recruits Motivated!

In summary, Rita is having trouble getting her recruits motivated to just do the basics. She has set up calls, given incentives to earn things, and one is going inactive and asked him to get his Recipe for Success book out and to look up how it will effect him. Rita is offering him a leather man bag if he requalifies by Sept. 15. Another is so busy with her wedding and even neglected to put the bridal regisrty cards in her invites!!!! Signed in April and we used June as her Super Starter to give her some lead time. She spaced out a show and forgot to get the invites to the host and realized it 2 days before the show! And
RitaKey
I am having trouble getting my recruits motivated to just do the basics. I set up calls, give incentives to earn things. One is going inactive and asked him to get his Recipe for Success book out and to look up how it will effect him. I am offering him a leather man bag if he requalifies by Sept 15.
Another is so busy with her wedding and even neglected to put the bridal regisrty cards in her invites!!!! Signed in April and we used June as her Super Starter to give her some lead time. She spaced out a show and forgot to get the invites to the host and realized it 2 days before the show! And get this one, didn't show up for a show!!!
I cannot be their babysitter , run my business, take car of my 4 boys and my husband with stage 4 cancer, and go to school full time. I have recruited 5 so far, 2 of which qualified and none that are really active. I was told if you can't change your people; change your people. I really try to weed out the ones that I feel that are going to sap me dry. I know that we are not to prejudge, BUT, lets face it some characteristics stand out like a sore thumb that I know I just don't have the energy for. I am trying to get everyone to do an 1/2 hour to 1 hr 2x's a month for a team meeting, to work on areas that they say they want help in. Can't get them to committ.
So, I am coming to the place that has hundreds of years of accumilated experience to sap all of your wisdom. I KNOW I am not the first that has traveled this road before.
Thanks for your help.
Rita

I can't speak from experience because I'm fairly new myself (only been a consultant for 5 months). I am self-motivated. I work another FT job, have 2 daughters and a husband and still manage to do plenty with TPC. This is because I really enjoy it, the money comes in good, and I'm having fun. I have never attended a meeting and my recruiter went inactive. I have 1 recruit and am working on a couple more. I have 4 bookings for August, 3 for September, and 2 for November. I don't need anybody else to motivate me. From what I've read on this site, you need to "bless and release" those that you can't motivate to get going. Move on to others who are more interested. Again, not from my experience, but from others. HTH. Good Luck!

Jeanie Gay

Rita, I feel your pain...
I have similar issues.
read the thread called "Ideas to encourage re-activation" It is in recruiting discussion to, last post was July 16th or something.

I asked for advice on this and mostly got encouraging responses, one "response" was more of a blast at my "selfishness", and I got my little fragile feelings hurt...LOL.... but to look back now its kinda funny, you should have a peek at that. (I made the mistake of saying that I was hell bent on being a director, and someone took that as me only wanting to help myself....you know.. all about me...lol)

Someone said that we should only help those that want to be helped.
I guess that is all you can do though is try to find out for sure if their success in this biz is any priority to them at all. And hopefully they will tell you the truth and you can train accordingly, or set them free (more like YOU being set free..lol)

But as mentioned in that thread I was telling you about... just make sure you are making it all about them and not all about you (Although you are the one with all that space in your brain being taken up by non- producers)LOL.
But I think that there must be a time when you need to tell them... look, I can't have you taking up all this energy from me, when I could be using that energy on someone who appreciates how hard i work to help them, and will actually use my advice!!
Ok... obviously not in those words... but I believe it needs to be known at some point. Im just not really sure how one would get that point across without sounding nasty.
But I really don't think that they realise sometimes that we have to set aside time to coach them, and we have families and lives as well, and for us to use so much of our energy and time to try to help them when they don't take it seriously enough to take action (even the basics). Thats not fair either, and they need to know that.

Now the bride??? you have to forgive her... she has "Bride Brain", which is very similar to "Pregnancy Brain" (very forgetful, easily confused..lol) and I just think that she is plain old busy and confused because of all the wedding stuff going on. Maybe after everything is done with her wedding, she will be a star consultant.

gee... do you think I talk to much???
LOLOLOLOLOL:D

Maybe at some point you just say "if you need my assistance, please call me, but I feel like maybe I'm trying to push you to do things you aren't interested in doing. So I feel it's time for me to back off until you let me know otherwise. Call me if you decide you are ready to get back into TPC and I'll be glad to help you". I don't think that sounds nasty, but it's just plain honest. After awhile it's time to move on. I guess whenever you feel you've done all you can do and they aren't stepping up, it's time. Again, this is coming from someone with little experience in TPC (but quite a bit of other leadership experience).

Jeanie Gay

I have girls that are inactive awhile and then active---I have signed five in June and July---I tell them all --I send e-mails galore--if I don't hear back from you or get a call I think everything is OK----I am going to start having a monthly meeting--my team wasn't much into it---but now with 5 new added and one of my girls recruited this month--there may be a need!!!:D

I even e-mail the inactives--keeping them up to date--maybe that is why they still hang on a little---
no pushing --I say this business can be what YOU want it to be--I am a hobbyist----4 shows at most a month depending on the kids schedules---I went on the cruise and I am a director --which I love getting those FREE products!!

but I think my team sees that it can be part time and that is what makes it fun!!

pcjeanie said:
Maybe at some point you just say "if you need my assistance, please call me, but I feel like maybe I'm trying to push you to do things you aren't interested in doing. So I feel it's time for me to back off until you let me know otherwise. Call me if you decide you are ready to get back into TPC and I'll be glad to help you". I don't think that sounds nasty, but it's just plain honest. After awhile it's time to move on. I guess whenever you feel you've done all you can do and they aren't stepping up, it's time. Again, this is coming from someone with little experience in TPC (but quite a bit of other leadership experience).

Jeanie Gay

you are sooo good! i think you should call evryone for us...LOL
Thanks!

Thank you. Now if only I had more recruits I could use this stuff on, I'd be in business. LOL.

Jeanie Gay

Thanks gals! This week is better!!! :) The bride turned in a show. Bless her heart she stayed was at her mom's until after midnight trying to submitt to keep her from going inactive!!!! YEAH! She made it!!! (I will reward her efforts!)
My guy is joining me for a 12 hour shift to help him get requalified to earn his leather man bag 50 catalogues from me! yahoo! Back on track! It is amazing what a little time, patients, and prayer will do. ( He quit a full time job w/ bennies to do PC, he just needed a little reminding why he wanted to do PC)

Rita,

I think you hit on one of the keys. Reminding them why they wanted to do PC. I ask everyone that after they signed. What were some of the things that made you decide to joing PC and if you could get all of the bookings you want what would you like to see from your business? This way I have it to go back to when they're struggling. It doesn't always work but it can help with some people.

It sounds like you're got a lot on your plate and you need to remind yourself that you give them the tools and the encouragement but it's not all on you! They have to work if they really want it too. I have two consultants I have left with a call me if there is anything you need from me status and just keep them updated through emails on promos, meetings etc.

Michele

1. How do I motivate my recruits?

Motivating recruits can be challenging, but here are a few tips that can help:

• Set clear goals and expectations
  • Provide positive feedback and recognition
  • Offer incentives or rewards for achieving goals
  • Lead by example and show enthusiasm for the tasks at hand
  • Encourage open communication and listen to their ideas and concerns

2. What if my recruits seem unmotivated?

If your recruits are showing signs of lack of motivation, it's important to address the issue as soon as possible. Some possible reasons for their lack of motivation could be boredom, feeling overwhelmed, or personal issues. Talk to them to understand the root cause and find ways to address it. Also, re-evaluate your leadership style and see if there are any changes you can make to better motivate your recruits.

3. How can I keep my recruits motivated in the long term?

Motivation is not a one-time thing, it needs to be nurtured and sustained. To keep your recruits motivated in the long term, consider the following:

• Set new challenges and goals periodically
  • Provide continuous feedback and recognition
  • Encourage a positive and supportive team culture
  • Regularly check in with your recruits and address any concerns or issues
  • Celebrate successes and milestones together

4. Can fear be a motivating factor for recruits?

Fear may provide short-term motivation, but it is not a sustainable or healthy way to motivate recruits. It can create a negative and stressful environment, leading to burnout and demotivation in the long run. Instead, focus on positive reinforcement and creating a supportive and encouraging environment.

5. How important is communication in motivating recruits?

Communication is crucial in motivating recruits. It allows you to set clear expectations, provide feedback and recognition, and address any concerns or issues that may affect their motivation. Additionally, effective communication can help build trust and a sense of belonging among your recruits, which can further motivate them to perform at their best.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
  • gilchrist_pchef
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
  • nancyk325