• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dealing with a Kit-Napping Recruit: How to Handle the Situation

In summary, this conversation is about a consultant who is inactive, and a director who is trying to help them get back into the business.
jennytodd
Hi-i'm afraid my 1st recruit is geting slack and just stop doing her shows...thus, taking the kit and running! She has only done 1 and doesn't seem concerned that she needs to have her other 3 asap. How do i approach this situation? i feel like i need to give her a call, maybe to boost her up at least...

I had one too!That is so frustrating! My first recruit is a kit napper too. Not only that I gave her an extra Stoneware Bar Pan because I had 2 of them to thank her for starting her business with me. She decided it isn't what she wanted to do. It was a good friend of mine too and sad to say I think it has affected the friendship. I explained to her that she needs to fulfill her end of the bargain and do at least her 4 shows. She told me she would. NOT! She is now inactive. I have gotten another recruit since then and she is gung ho about her business!!!! But yes, I feel your pain and it is extremely annoying.:mad:
Try calling her and asking if there is anything you can do to help her get going. Offer a little incentive maybe. It is tough! Good luck.

I started with PC last September. I signed my first recruit November 30. She said that she wants her super starter month to be January because she is going home for most of December and wanted to wait until she came home in early January. Well she came home, called me and ask a few questions. Never heard from her again. no shows, no nothing.

my director told me that she was a kit napper:mad: :mad: :mad:

Ladies, it happens. Bless and release these consultants. Selling is not easy for a lot of people. It will make you stressed if you try to push someone that just can't or isn't willing to learn. I have recruited quite a lot of people and I am amazed how many do not fulfill their obligation. Don't sell a kit. Sell a career. Giving them guilt to qualify might make you feel better but in the long run you will realise that they might have really tried. Then you might feel bad that you wasted so much energy on them.

Once I had a kit-napper host a show for me to replace the business that I lost by giving her the bookings when she signed. Since she already had some products before she signed on she gave away her duplicate products from the kit and I got 3 bookings. Now that was empowering! She was really high maintainance so it felt good watching her give away stuff she stole from the company. I had no idea she was going to do it, so it was a happy, happy day!

So the moral of the story is ask for your business back. There was a tip at conference: If a consultant is going inactive ask them to find a replacement before they leave so their customers have a consultant. You never know, you might get your next TPC consultant!

In the "Super Start your New Consultants" (or whatever that exact title was) that I took at conference with Tom Marston as the speaker, I learned that he has all the Starter Kits sent to HIM when he recruits a new consultant. Of course this would just be for local consultants, not ones that are a long distance from him. And he gives them their kit when they come to their first cluster meeting!! If I had a big kit napper problem (which I don't luckily...I've just had two in over three years), I would consider doing this. It's just a thought! It also would be fun to have a one-on-one meeting with the consultant to see his/her excitement when going through the kit together.

Tom Marston also puts the host packets together for each of his new consultants first six shows. Holy cow! I'd need an assistant if I were to try that. I can barely put my own host packets together and that's with about 6-8 shows a month!

I too put the first 4 show packets together and I try to train them before the kit arrives---that way while they are waiting they can use the welcome book to make calls and they already have the packets to give the hosts--

My team is growing so I may have to have regular meetings every month:D
I also go to their house to train them one on one--I also offer if they do an open hosue to let them use my products (which are always the NEW ones they don't yet have!!

Chefgirl2 said:
Ladies, it happens. Bless and release these consultants. Selling is not easy for a lot of people. It will make you stressed if you try to push someone that just can't or isn't willing to learn.

I am learning this lesson this month. Bless and release. Some will, some won't, who's next?

Yeah i had 2 ! My first was a friend never did a show NOTHING ! She has since gone on to party lite did the same and is now selling somekind of underwear or something ! My second was another friend , she at least did 2 shows but didnt sell enough to qualify.
Someday i will get someone who has the fire you need to succeed !

thanks for all the thoughts and advice! After one last shot at helping her, I will try and put my efforts towards more important leads! :)

The only thought I can think of is to ask her why she's quitting just so you can know. Huge bummer with the kit nappers!
I have a stranger problem, though...I have 2 hosts that used their credit from the show, but have yet to sign up! UGH...NOW is the time!!! I'll have to get on the horn with em...

They have only 6 months to use that kit credit, Kim, so get them signed!

1. What is a "Kit-Napper"?

A "Kit-Napper" is a term used in the Pampered Chef community to describe someone who has joined as a consultant using another consultant's starter kit. This is not allowed by Pampered Chef and is considered a form of theft.

2. How do I know if I have been a victim of a Kit-Napper?

If you have signed up as a consultant and received a starter kit that you did not personally purchase, there is a possibility that you may have been a victim of a Kit-Napper. It is important to report this to Pampered Chef immediately.

3. What should I do if I suspect someone of Kit-Napping?

If you suspect someone of Kit-Napping, it is important to report it to Pampered Chef right away. You can do this by contacting your upline or the Pampered Chef consultant support team.

4. Are there any consequences for Kit-Napping?

Yes, there are consequences for Kit-Napping. If someone is found to have joined as a consultant using another consultant's starter kit, they may face termination of their consultant agreement and legal action.

5. How can I protect myself from being Kit-Napped?

To protect yourself from being Kit-Napped, it is important to only purchase a starter kit directly from Pampered Chef or a trusted consultant. You can also keep a record of your starter kit purchase and registration information in case of any issues. Additionally, it is important to report any suspicious activity to Pampered Chef immediately.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pcgogetter
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
pcgogetter
  • pamperedcheermom
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Tara B
  • pamperedbecky