• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Recruiting Strategies: How to Sign Up Your First Team Member for Pampered Chef

In summary, your Director will be responsible for her training right now, anyway....and she can always go to a few of your shows to learn.
mapiklfish
Silver Member
I've looked briefly through the forum and through my handbood and haven't quite found the answers I'm looking for.

I have someone asking about signing up. She would be my first and I haven't even really tried to recruit yet, she came to me. I don't really know her, just met her a couple of weeks ago and gave her a book. She doesn't have any Pampered Chef right now. I don't even know if she's been to a party but she has seen the product and washed it (didn't get into that discussion). My thoughts right now are to maybe have her host a party first. She would get product from hosting to help her start out and I believe they can put their host credit toward a kit? How does that work. If she hosts a show and has a $400 show she would normally get $60 free product (I think) so then would that $60 go toward her kit so that it would only cost her $30? If she decides she wants to do Pampered Chef we could use her show as a springboard for her and, hopefully, get bookings from there to get her started. By hosting a show she would also see the products "in action", see what a show is like, etc to see if she wants to go ahead and sign up.

I did read that she can sign up online and what she would need in order to do that. If she signed up online after her show would that credit toward her kit show up?

She is supposed to be at church on Sunday and I'm supposed to bring paperwork and talk to her then. I guess I really don't know what I"m doing as far as signing someone up.

Linda

Have you asked your Director for help? Many times your Director would be happy to help you by talking to your leads. Tell your lead that because you are so new you are concerned that you won't have the answers to her questions. You could arrange a meeting with the three of you or a 3-way call.

Don't prejudge her or hold her back. If she is ready to sign, don't ask her about starting with a show. She can attend some of your shows (after she signs) to see how it is done. Sign her now WHILE SHE IS EXCITED. There will be plenty of time for her to learn.

And if she did do the show first, she can only use $20 or $40 of her free product value towards the kit. She can use the rest for items not in the kit.

I tend to agree with chefjeanine, I would sign her up then let her do a grand opening type show, she'll get one of her shows done and on her way to qualifying. There are plenty of chances for her to go to a show, watch videos, etc to learn how one is supposed to be.

Sign her while she's hot!!

chefjeanine said:
Have you asked your Director for help? Many times your Director would be happy to help you by talking to your leads. Tell your lead that because you are so new you are concerned that you won't have the answers to her questions. You could arrange a meeting with the three of you or a 3-way call.

Don't prejudge her or hold her back. If she is ready to sign, don't ask her about starting with a show. She can attend some of your shows (after she signs) to see how it is done. Sign her now WHILE SHE IS EXCITED. There will be plenty of time for her to learn.

I am with Jeanine on this one....sign her!!! She can hold her own show (and you can help her with it, and make all the money back she spent on the kit in that first show!

Your Director will be responsible for her training right now, anyway....and she can always go to a few of your shows to learn.

I started with the PC without ever having been to a show or owning any PC products. I am now a Future Director (with 5 recruits, 1 more signing tomorrow, and over $25,000 in sales this year so far). I should be a Director by September and am shooting for Adv. Director by National 2007. Just think if my Director had held me back...:rolleyes:

I could email my director but it usually takes a while before she gets back to me, so thought I'd put the question out here. I probably should email her anyway.

Thanks for all the input. So if she filled out the application online, would she pay with a debit or credit card? I also noticed that they ask for your first six show dates in the online application, would she just make them up?

mapiklfish said:
By hosting a show she would also see the products "in action", see what a show is like, etc to see if she wants to go ahead and sign up.
BTW Congratulations! This is a good idea... ask her what she wants to do!

mapiklfish said:
I did read that she can sign up online and what she would need in order to do that. If she signed up online after her show would that credit toward her kit show up?
If she signs up after the show using Kit Credit, you would need to wait until HO processes the order. When she signs online, she will be asked if she is using Kit Credit.

mapiklfish said:
She is supposed to be at church on Sunday and I'm supposed to bring paperwork and talk to her then. I guess I really don't know what I"m doing as far as signing someone up.
Just speak from the heart. I didn't know what I was doing when I signed my first, nor do I still think i know everything. I'll send you a PM.

mapiklfish said:
I could email my director but it usually takes a while before she gets back to me, so thought I'd put the question out here. I probably should email her anyway.

Thanks for all the input. So if she filled out the application online, would she pay with a debit or credit card? I also noticed that they ask for your first six show dates in the online application, would she just make them up?

She can pay with either. She would do best is she had six commitments to do shows with tentative dates. The dates can change and the names can change if someone needs to schedule later. Its pretty flexible. If she has trouble thinking of people, go to the files section on this site and download a List of 100 to help her brainstorm. Also, she can host an Open House of her own, so that could be one name.

AJPratt said:
She can pay with either. She would do best is she had six commitments to do shows with tentative dates. The dates can change and the names can change if someone needs to schedule later. Its pretty flexible. If she has trouble thinking of people, go to the files section on this site and download a List of 100 to help her brainstorm. Also, she can host an Open House of her own, so that could be one name.

Amy Neal, an exec. that taught one of my workshops, had a great line about this. She tells them that she takes their $90 investment very seriously and wants to make sure their business gets off to a solid start. So she won't sign them until they have 6 definite names and dates on the calendar.

She must be doing something right....89 of her 90 recruits have qualified!! Only one kit napper and she later found out this was the second time the lady swiped one of our kits!

GeorgiaPeach said:
Only one kit napper and she later found out this was the second time the lady swiped one of our kits!

How did she find out?

GeorgiaPeach said:
Amy Neal, an exec. that taught one of my workshops, had a great line about this. She tells them that she takes their $90 investment very seriously and wants to make sure their business gets off to a solid start. So she won't sign them until they have 6 definite names and dates on the calendar.

She must be doing something right....89 of her 90 recruits have qualified!! Only one kit napper and she later found out this was the second time the lady swiped one of our kits!

That's great. I just wanted the OP to know that if the show date needed to change, she could still be a consultant.

What is recruiting question?

Recruiting question refers to a specific type of question asked during the hiring process to assess a candidate's qualifications, skills, and fit for a particular job.

What is the purpose of a recruiting question?

The purpose of a recruiting question is to gather information about a candidate's experience, qualifications, and fit for a job in order to make an informed hiring decision.

What are some common types of recruiting questions?

Common types of recruiting questions include behavioral questions, situational questions, technical questions, and experience-based questions.

How should I prepare for answering recruiting questions?

To prepare for answering recruiting questions, research the company and job requirements, review your resume and qualifications, practice common interview questions, and be prepared to provide specific examples and explanations.

What should I do if I don't know the answer to a recruiting question?

If you don't know the answer to a recruiting question, be honest and explain that you are not sure. You can also ask for clarification or provide a hypothetical response based on your knowledge and experience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Pampered Angel
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • jessinthekitchen
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • Sheila