• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Recruiting Info for The Body Shop: Advice & Tips

In summary, Amanda is looking for advice on how to sign a girl who does not have a teaching job and is considering the body shop. She wants to know what the body shop's recruiting information is like, and how to sway her towards PC. She is also concerned about the foot tubs, and whether or not people will be scrubbing their feet in them.
pamperedalf
Silver Member
Okay I have a show in a few weeks w/ a girl I did crendential classes with. She doesn't have a teaching job and has been contemplating doing the body shop.

I need knowledge about the body shop's recruiting info, and how to sway her towards PC, because she likes them too.

Thanks in advance to everyone's advice, tips!

Well... I can tell you only from my own experience...I signed with TBS before PC. I got my kit (that cost me $250) and couldn't get a SOUL to book a show. Why? Because why should they come to a prty, pay extra $ for shipping...when they can go right to the mall and buy it there w/o shipping costs?

When I tried to send my kit back to the company (cuz I didn't want to be a kitnapper), they said I had to ship it back AT MY EXPENSE and they would refund me MINUS a 25% re-stocking fee. OUCH. forget it.

Wanna guess what everyone in my extended family got for Xmas that year?!?! Body shop stuff!!!! And the 12 foot tubs that came in my kit (yes, foot tubs...I'll go into that in a moment), I sold for $2 each to an acquaintence in the "Fragrant Lemon Peel Spa Parties" business.

The foot tubs...this is what really threw me over the edge. People were going to be scrubbing and loofah-ing and exfoliating their nasty feet in those foot tubs...and then I was going to have to lug them all home and wash their skanky dead-skin-cells out of the tubs....ICK ICK ICK ICK ICK.

Yeah - so now I come home with dirty dishes...big deal...quick rinse & into the dishwasher they go (and nobody else's skanky germs on them) ... no WAY am I dealing with other people's feet. Thanks but no thanks.

So...there's my 2c

pamperedalf said:
Okay I have a show in a few weeks w/ a girl I did crendential classes with. She doesn't have a teaching job and has been contemplating doing the body shop.

I need knowledge about the body shop's recruiting info, and how to sway her towards PC, because she likes them too.

Thanks in advance to everyone's advice, tips!

I wouldn't try to "sway" her towards PC. You want to find out what she is looking for and then share those parts of PC with her. You don't want her to feel like you are trying to sell her on PC or try to talk her into it. I always hate to compare companies because I don't want them thinking I'm bad mouthing someone else. I'd hit the high points...low start up, no deliveries, no inventory, 26 yrs in business, etc.

Amanda,

Rather than trying to convince her that PC is better I would just give her the 5-way apron flyer which lists all sorts of things at the bottom like no credit card fees, PC paying for hostess specials etc and let her know these are some great things to ask about any direct sales company to make sure you are comparing apples to apples. Let her know while you would really love to have her as part of your team what you really want is for her to make an informed decision and find the best opportunity for her. I'm with Lisa, you don't want to come off looking like you're bad mouthing another business but instead helping her make an good decision.

Another reason people don't go to body shop shows in my are is that we have a store in the mall!

OK... Am I the only one that found Carolyn's post hysterical albeit gross, it was hsyterical!!!

You definately want to find out her goals. I would rather find someone who gives it an honest try because they feel this is a fit, even if it doesn't work out, rather than just sign because I tell them to.

Oh yeah and include Caroyln's post... an honest look at the biz. LOL

Another idea, you can do both as long as you don't plan to promote to director in PC.

AJPratt said:
OK... Am I the only one that found Carolyn's post hysterical albeit gross, it was hsyterical!!!

You definately want to find out her goals. I would rather find someone who gives it an honest try because they feel this is a fit, even if it doesn't work out, rather than just sign because I tell them to.

I'm killing myself here too.....Carolyn that was just TOO darn funny!!!!:D :D :D :D :D

Thanks to everyone's input. I just would really like to sign her, because my 2 newest are not doing a darn thing yet. I guess I am just upset that I couldn't recruit people more interested.

Amanda, I would talk to a BS rep and see what they have to offer. Then you can make an honest comparison of kit prices, fees, and paperwork costs. And definetly include Carolyn's post!!

Carolyn, have you ever thought about doing stand-up comedy? I bet your shows are a riot! And yes, it is a realistic view of the business....

I can honestly tell you that there is NO WAY I would have ever done that!!

I started PC as a business venture only...NEVER been to a show and NEVER owned PC stuff. I went with documentation and the business plan that I could dig up on the company. Hey, that and the fact that for $90 I figured I could give it a whirl!

Be kind in your comments, perhaps print Carolyn's off, but don't talk down other direct sales companies. It always looks bad no matter what your intentions!

As for the other recruits, I am always calling mine (I have 5 now) and leaving them encouraging messages, taking time to send little notes in the mail and e-mails with info. Contact is essential. You must be there for them. It's not about helping YOU, its about helping THEM! When the time comes, they will either take the support or walk away....bless and release, as they say. Use your energy wisely.

Good luck!

Janice, We need to talk !!!! I have 3 recruits, one of which has gone inactive before qualifying. She says she wants to stick with it, but I do not know how to encourage her. My other 2 recruits had June as SS#1, they each have done 2 shows, still not qualified, and next month is their SS#3- I am trying to be encouraging, but I am not sure what to do next. We have weekly calls (neither live near me) and my 1st recruit avoids my calls. I love what you say, Bless and Release, but when do you know it's time for that?

pamperedalf said:
Thanks to everyone's input. I just would really like to sign her, because my 2 newest are not doing a darn thing yet. I guess I am just upset that I couldn't recruit people more interested.

I learned something at conference. I got it from Cindy who earned TPC in Recruiting the last 2 years in a row! She says to take yourself OUT of the picture. Sharing the biz with other people is ALL ABOUT THEM! Once you take yourself out of the equation it's easier to get people to sign and achieve. Because they don't think your trying to SELL them something but trying to share something that could CHANGE THEIR LIVES FOREVER!

As for the 2 that aren't performing, call them up and see what's going on with them. ASK them point blank about their show schedule. Share your goals with them. Put it on a personal level. One of the things I LOVE about my Director is that she considers us a part of the family. We know her, her DH and her 3 kids. We know what she's trying to achieve and how we're helping her achieve it. Just like in Host Coaching it's a little bit like the "Guilt" letter I include in my Host Packets. When you call them, say something like "I'm calling all my recruits and potential recruits just to see how they are doing. How's the family? How's the summer been?" Respond from the heart and then ASK, "Well, I noticed that you've not submitted anything in a little while and was wondering if there was something I could do to help? You seemed so excited about being a Pampered Chef consultant and was just wondering if something had happened to change your mind?"

Hope that helps. Cindy was a great inspiration to my recruiting goals.

kcjodih said:
I'm killing myself here too.....Carolyn that was just TOO darn funny!!!!:D :D :D :D :D
It does sound pretty nasty! And I thought the garlice smell was bad!

AJPratt said:
It does sound pretty nasty! And I thought the garlice smell was bad!

Yuck! The garlic smell is really bad. Especially when left in the car overnight after a really late show. Could you just imagine how the car will smell if you left those tubs overnight!:eek:

There needs to be a pukey smiley for this thread!;)

I should of explained better the closest body shop store to her is 45 mins. away. So her thought is she doesn't have to go to Santa Rosa. What I did tell her is you have to be excited about the products, because people see that. She did say that she know's 3 pc consultant's and 1 bs consultant.Now my 2 that haven't done anything, haven't even signed up for a debit card yet, and have not taken their calendar out yet. I try to call weekly to check in w/ them and to see if they need any help. One doesn't have an answer machine so she is tuff to get a hold of, but I have come to the conclusion that it's their biz, and money not mine. I did sit down w/ the one and talked about her goals and what does she want out of the company, I gave her an empowering women magazine, so we will see.

AJPratt said:

Im with ya!
I am at my office right now... (Day job) and I was laughing hysterically.... it was a little embarrassing... its so quiet around here!

jwpamp said:
Carolyn, have you ever thought about doing stand-up comedy? I bet your shows are a riot! And yes, it is a realistic view of the business....

You know - i had to go back and re-read my post. Peopel tell me I am funny but I don't see it - LOL I just say what I feel - I don't mean to be funny, but I guess I am? LOL
::::scratching head::::::
Glad I can be entertaining - just don't ask me to deal with other people's skanky feet. LOL

dannyzmom said:
Glad I can be entertaining - just don't ask me to deal with other people's skanky feet. LOL

I think its funny because its sooo true!

I wish my daughters could read this. They are alway laughing about my feet (the appearance, not the skankiness). I know they would get a kick out of thinking about somebody having to do the washing of the foot tubs after skanky feet have used them. Ugh! Yes, it is funny!
Jeanie Gay

LOLOLOL....

My best friend always reminds me that I need a pedicure by saying
"Your feet have that DRAGGED BEHIND THE CAR look again!"

That's the funniest thing I have EVER heard!

dannyzmom said:
And the 12 foot tubs that came in my kit (yes, foot tubs...I'll go into that in a moment)

Okay..this was my favorite part of the post. As I read it I thought she receive tubs that were 12 feet long! I even re-read it :eek: until I finished the sentence and realized they were tubs for your feet!! :) Ugh...it's been a long day!! FYI...NO, I am not blond!!

1. How can I become a consultant for The Body Shop?

To become a consultant for The Body Shop, you can visit their website and click on the "Join Us" tab. From there, you can fill out an application and a representative will reach out to you with more information.

2. Is there a fee to join The Body Shop as a consultant?

Yes, there is a small enrollment fee to become a consultant for The Body Shop. This fee covers the cost of your starter kit which includes products and materials to help you get started.

3. Do I need any prior experience in sales or beauty to become a consultant for The Body Shop?

No, prior experience is not required to become a consultant for The Body Shop. They provide training and support to help you succeed in your role.

4. What are the benefits of becoming a consultant for The Body Shop?

As a consultant for The Body Shop, you have the opportunity to earn a flexible income, receive discounts on products, and be a part of a community that promotes sustainability and ethical practices.

5. Can I sell The Body Shop products online as a consultant?

Yes, The Body Shop allows consultants to sell products online through their website or social media platforms. However, there are guidelines and restrictions in place to ensure the integrity of the brand and products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampchefrhondab
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
GourmetGirl
  • pampered.chris
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
PamperedDor
  • ChefBevShu