• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Have a Recruit Interview Next Week!

In summary, Linda is considering whether or not to sign up for a show with her friend, Belinda. Linda took Belinda's advice and told her that she was a consultant and gave her some bookings. However, Linda is unsure of whether or not Belinda is ready to start her own business and offers to help her get started.
AJPratt
Silver Member
So should I have her do a show first or just sign her up? She's an old friend and asked what I was up to! I took Belinda's advice and told her!!! Then she said,"Is it something I could do?":eek: Of course, I think she would be excellent!

I guess that's up to her. But this is what I did:

When I started, my director (who is also a friend of mine) did a show for me and gave me all the bookings from it (it was her show and she earned the commission from it). We announced at the show that I was going to become a consultant, she gave me one of her aprons to wear for the evening and I was her 'assistant'. I paid close attention to what she did so I wouldn't feel like a total dork at my first show. I didn't invite everyone that I knew since my goal was to get my first 6 bookings. I was afraid that if I invited everyone, then no one would host a show since they were almost all there. I had a $500 show. Used $40 of my host credit towards my kit and spent the rest on items that I thought would enhance my kit and that were not included in the super starter program.

To make a long storey even longer....I think I'd offer to do the show, give her the bookings, and make it a teaching experience for her.

Congratulations and Good Luck!:)

Linda

btw....I think I read every name badge at conference looking for you. I was really hoping to meet you in person. I ran into Jennifer Davis (jdavis) and Karlene just about every day, they are both super nice people!

AJ Pratt-I take it u went home and made those phone calls!!!!:D

Linda: I think I was looking for the tiara!

Susan: You bet! And I have a TON to go! I started on my commute home. Its 40 minutes put to good use!

AJPratt said:
Linda: I think I was looking for the tiara!

There sure were lot's of tiara's there....I didn't know it was a fashion statement at conference....caught me a little by surprise...I took a double-take the first time I saw someone wearing one (wasn't until the 3rd day that someone told me they were walking as new directors!)...I just thought they were 'different'! :eek:

I wore a tiara and rhinestone sunglasses and a beaded dress when I walked at Leadership!!! and I had the queens wave down pat!!And the white fur cape!!!
It was fun!!
I didn't go to conference --too close to vacation:D

Chef susan said:
I wore a tiara and rhinestone sunglasses and a beaded dress when I walked at Leadership!!! and I had the queens wave down pat!!And the white fur cape!!!
Wow....what a visual that conjures up!

Sign her up! You can still go to her first show with her and do the bookings talk for her, tell everyone that they'd really be helping her start her biz, etc.

Unless she is really strapped for cash, I don't see the kit credit as being that big of a payoff. She can be the consultant and host her own first show at her house and make more than that $40 in commission on it, you know?

Have her do a show first and get her some bookings!I only say this because if she had to ask if it was something she could do - she may not know exactly what she is getting herself into. Has she ever been to a PC demo before? An afterthought is that she may see it and then think she can't do it?? I guess it's one of those things where you have to know the person and the situation.

Leea

pamperedlinda said:
There sure were lot's of tiara's there....I didn't know it was a fashion statement at conference....caught me a little by surprise...I took a double-take the first time I saw someone wearing one (wasn't until the 3rd day that someone told me they were walking as new directors!)...I just thought they were 'different'! :eek:

I have to say I saw way more of these people with tiara's and sashes, and the whole works on last year.

DebbieJ said:
Sign her up! You can still go to her first show with her and do the bookings talk for her, tell everyone that they'd really be helping her start her biz, etc.

Unless she is really strapped for cash, I don't see the kit credit as being that big of a payoff. She can be the consultant and host her own first show at her house and make more than that $40 in commission on it, you know?

I agree with Debbie. If you attend the first show and do the bookings talk for her, she can get off to a fantastic start.

Encourage her to invite just as she would if you were the consultant at the show (ie. everyone she knows).

Good luck with this lead!

Ask the question, are you ready for me to help you sign up or do you need more information?

Since I havent recruited anyone yet, I do find it a great question. My director didnt ask to do my first show but she did say she'd help me out by attending if I needed her to. I declined.

So maybe offer to help her out if she needs it or if she prefers, you could do the show and she can get the credit towards her kit.

I say to ask her what she wants to do! Give her the option! Some people want to start with another consultant doing the "performance" while they just relax and check it out. Others are just raring to go and get started right away! I started with a show, but in retrospect, I would have made pretty good commission on my $900 show that my director did! Ask her and see what she says! Tell her there are 2 ways to get started.

Giving her the choice lets her have the power. I took the responding to objections tele-class last night after my kids went to sleep, and it was really eye-opening. The main point was let your host come to her own solution. She is far less likely to shoot down her own idea than yours. Also let her know that if she hosts a show she can get extra products to demo at her first shows!

gilliandanielle said:
I took the responding to objections tele-class last night after my kids went to sleep, and it was really eye-opening.

I just took that recently as well! I feel like I am much more able to respond now!

What should I wear to my recruit interview?

It is important to dress professionally for your recruit interview. This could include a suit, dress pants or skirt, and a button-down shirt or blouse. Avoid wearing anything too casual or revealing.

What documents should I bring to my recruit interview?

It is a good idea to bring a copy of your resume, any certificates or qualifications relevant to the position, and a list of references. You may also want to bring a notebook and pen to take notes during the interview.

What type of questions can I expect during my recruit interview?

The questions asked during a recruit interview will vary depending on the company and position. However, common topics include your experience, skills, strengths and weaknesses, and why you are interested in the company. It is also common to be asked behavioral or situational questions to assess how you would handle certain situations.

How can I prepare for my recruit interview?

To prepare for your recruit interview, research the company and the position you are applying for. Practice answering common interview questions and prepare examples to showcase your skills and experience. It is also important to arrive early, be confident, and make a good first impression.

How long will my recruit interview last?

The length of a recruit interview can vary, but they typically last anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour. This will also depend on the number of interviewers and the amount of questions they have for you. It is best to allocate at least an hour for your interview to ensure you have enough time to answer all questions and ask any you may have.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ShelbyMichalek
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • ~*Heather*~
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
~*Heather*~
  • Boomerjojo