• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Selling Pampered Chef: Convincing a Reluctant Spouse

In summary, the main problem is that the wife tried selling PC's a few years ago and it messed up her taxes. The husband is not sure if it is a good idea for her to start a business again. The director can help them meet and answer their concerns.
Amy In Ohio
I have someone who is very interested in selling PC... however her husband is not. I think that the main problem is, is that she tried Avon (I think) about 10years ago and it screwed up their income tax return. So, what can I do to help change his mind???

Ask if you and your director can meet with the two of them so that their concerns can be answered and they can make a fully informed decision.

Help with kit!!Help with the kit as much as you can. Sponsoring a kit for a new consultant will show her husband how serious you are about their new money making business.
If you can't afford to pay for the entire kit, give her a discount.

Do something like this:
If she qualifies in her first month you will refund her for half the kit, all of the kit, 1/3 of the kit price. Whatever works for you.

Help her get shows already lined up so she can get qualified. Include her husband in all these training sessions with her.

Debbie

Does it mess with your taxes too much though?? I can't tell by ours because DH started his own adventure last year too and we had some stuff that we did to make us have to pay in lots...

I am from Canada, so i don't know if it works the same in the U.S.
But you would think that because you have so many deductable expenses, it shouldn;t make a difference, or could even work in your favor.
I work full time outside of the home and I always used to pay a lot of taxes. Now, since I started doing P.C. I haven't paid tax in a few years. It always seems to work out. I do have an awesome accountant though.

Where are you in Ohio?

I'm in Anna (which I am sure you have never heard of) ;) So, it's north of Dayton and south of Lima right on I-75...

It can be a pain to keep up with all the tax stuff. I would try to get deeper to the husband's real concern. It could be that you help organize a system to track the stuff or show them how Pampered Partner has a way to track expenses or get some websites/books to have him review. I mean, if the taxes are REALLY his only objection, then I think you could get around that. But some people just come up with any excuse possible and she'll have to decide if it's worth his un-support. My limited experience with Pampered Chef shows that having an at-home business is a GREAT way to REDUCE your taxable income because there are so many new deductions. Good luck.

The really hard part with Avon is that you have to carry an inventory...and then there is the catalog misery that comes out every 2-4 weeks. Inventory can really mess up your taxes - especially if you are not good at keeping track, or even just procrastinate. I love PC!

I never realized that owning a home based business would be so beneficial in regards to taxes. We have a great tax man. There are so many things that can be deducted that he knows about. It helps to keep good records too.
It has helped get our daughter more grant money for college.

1. How can I convince my spouse that selling Pampered Chef is a good opportunity?

First, it's important to communicate the benefits of being a Pampered Chef consultant. This includes earning extra income, flexible hours, and the chance to meet new people. You can also share success stories of other consultants who have had a positive experience with the company.

2. My spouse is hesitant about spending money on the starter kit. How can I address this concern?

Explain that the starter kit is an investment in your future and the potential to make a profit. You can also mention that the kit includes high-quality products that can be used in your own kitchen or as demonstration pieces at parties.

3. What if my spouse is worried about the time commitment?

Assure your spouse that you will manage your time effectively and prioritize family time. You can also involve your spouse in the planning process and come up with a schedule that works for both of you.

4. How can I get my spouse involved in the business?

Suggest that your spouse join you in hosting a party or attending a training session. This will give them a better understanding of the business and may spark their interest in getting involved. You can also ask for their input and ideas on how to grow your business.

5. My spouse is worried about the potential risks of starting a business. How can I address this concern?

Explain that Pampered Chef is a reputable company with a proven track record of success. You can also discuss the support and resources provided by the company, such as training, marketing materials, and a strong community of consultants. Lastly, assure your spouse that you will take necessary precautions and make informed decisions to minimize any risks.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mrslulu2012
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
raebates
  • Karen Weber
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • Jana Hance