• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

From Consultant to Director: The Time It Takes and Tips for Success

In summary, LisaDeb became a Director in January 2006 after working her business part-time for two years. She has three recruits and is looking forward to walking at Leadership Conference in January.
AJPratt
Silver Member
for you to become a Director? I was just wondering how long my fellow Cheffers were consultants before they promoted.

20 months for me

Promote? Um, well, I've been a consultant for 4 yrs & I'm still a consultant:eek:
I was VERY part time to start, just the last year I've been focusing more on making this my JOB....I've had a few interested, but no recruits that have actually followed through! I'm trying harder though, hopefully that will change soon!:)

Took me awhile...but I finally got there!! It took me about 2 years to promote. Of course, I started with a 6 week old and had another baby during that time! I probably would have promoted sooner if not for those life changing events...but of course that is why I sell Pampered Chef!!

I have known Director's who have promoted within 3 months and some that have taken many, many years. So, I think it is just up to you and what you want!

I have been in since march 2005 and just decided in jan. that i want to promote to director. i now have 3 signed recruits, only one has qualified so far. Hoping to have to more signed and all qualified and active by September. I can't wait to promote to director!!!!

I started last October- and became a future director in April. I had intended to promote by National Conference, but now my goal is Leadership Conference in January. I have 3 signed recruits, none of them have qualified yet, BUT- I have realized that everything in due season. I am not concerned if I do not walk in January, I know it will happen in due time, if I continue to recruit, and I also realized that the recruits have to want it for themselves (qualifying) I cannot do the work for them, I can just help where I can. My problem is that I expected all of my recruits to be gung-ho as I was, and I discovered qualckly that is not the norm. That is a tough lesson to learn !!!

mrssyvo said:
I started last October- and became a future director in April. I had intended to promote by National Conference, but now my goal is Leadership Conference in January. I have 3 signed recruits, none of them have qualified yet, BUT- I have realized that everything in due season. I am not concerned if I do not walk in January, I know it will happen in due time, if I continue to recruit, and I also realized that the recruits have to want it for themselves (qualifying) I cannot do the work for them, I can just help where I can. My problem is that I expected all of my recruits to be gung-ho as I was, and I discovered qualckly that is not the norm. That is a tough lesson to learn !!!

I'm right there with you! Started in August, became a FD in Feb. I WILL walk at Leadership! We'll be there together!

Also, not all of my recruits (currently have 3 with 2 qualified) are as gung ho as me either. :)

I have been a Pampered Chef Consultant since January, 2004.

I was a Future Director and then lost it until February of this year. That is when my first of five recruits for this year signed up. Since three people signed with me in March I met the first phase of the Three For Me incentive since they all qualified. Then number five signed up in May and qualified this month. HOORAY! I will be walking at National Conference in Wave Two!

I worked my business on a very part time business until this year since I was working a fulltime job and I have three children. I quit the fulltime job last August and I have never been happier. The kids have their Mom on a fulltime basis and I am really enjoying working on growing my Pampered Chef business. I am also really enjoying helping my downline with their businesses.

When the time is right, Directorship will happen for anyone who really wants it.

Lisa

Deb, I am looking forward to meeting you at conference. We seem to be on the same time-line as far as our business and experiences. We have a lot in common- I KNOW we will click-

July 2004 was my SS1, and I became Director January 1 2006--guess that's 18 months...

I have a full-time job, btw.

I don't have any other job, just PC. I don't have a lot going on, I just feel that I am comfortable where I'm at. Is it wrong that I just want to be a consultant?

whiteyteresa said:
I don't have any other job, just PC. I don't have a lot going on, I just feel that I am comfortable where I'm at. Is it wrong that I just want to be a consultant?

Of course not! It's YOUR business; it's YOUR timetable; it's YOUR preference!!

Best wishes.

ChefLisa said:
I was a Future Director and then lost it until February of this year. Lisa

Yikes, I didn't realize you can lose it. I guess that makes sense. I have one qualified recruit and one that is in her 2nd super starter month, but has only submitted about $190 in sales. So if she goes inactive, I lose my status as FD?

cat said:
Yikes, I didn't realize you can lose it. I guess that makes sense. I have one qualified recruit and one that is in her 2nd super starter month, but has only submitted about $190 in sales. So if she goes inactive, I lose my status as FD?

Yes, you will loose your status...I seem to float in and out of FD, I am now a FD for the 3rd time:rolleyes: ...only if I could get all 5 of them active at the same time!

You can also loose directorship. So you want to make sure that you go into it with a solid team and keep recruiting like crazy!

You can loose directorship too. So you want to make sure that you go into with a strong team and keep recruiting like crazy!
It took me about a year and a half. I had 6 signed at Conf last year and I didn't promote until November.

I have two, one who never qualified and then went inactive, but she seems to be making a good attempt and the other has two shows this month, so hopefully she'll qualify.

I completely understand about people not being as gung-ho.

1. How long does it typically take to go from consultant to director?

The time it takes to go from consultant to director can vary greatly depending on individual effort and dedication. On average, it can take anywhere from 6 months to 2 years to reach the director level. However, some consultants have achieved director status in as little as 3 months while others may take longer than 2 years.

2. What are the requirements to become a director?

To become a director at Pampered Chef, you must be an active consultant and have a team of at least 5 active consultants under you. You must also meet certain sales and recruiting goals, as well as attend required training and leadership events.

3. How can I increase my chances of reaching the director level?

To increase your chances of reaching the director level, it is important to consistently work towards your goals and stay motivated. This includes actively selling products, recruiting new team members, and attending training and leadership events. It is also helpful to network with other consultants and directors for support and advice.

4. What are some tips for successfully managing a team as a director?

As a director, it is important to lead by example and provide support and guidance to your team. Communication is key, so make sure to regularly check in with your team members and provide them with the necessary resources and tools to succeed. It is also important to foster a positive and inclusive team culture and celebrate the achievements of your team members.

5. Can I still be a successful director while maintaining a full-time job?

Yes, it is possible to be a successful director while maintaining a full-time job. However, it will require strong time management skills and dedication. It is important to prioritize your Pampered Chef business and make the most of your available time. Utilizing tools such as social media and hosting virtual parties can also help you successfully manage your business while working a full-time job.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Bren706
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
gingertannery
  • Susan Metheny
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • KCPChef