• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why 20% Commission Is Enough...

In summary, the recruiter is trying to convince someone that it is really worth it to join the company and try the host program, but they are concerned about the commission rate. The flyer that was shared offers information about the host program and how it is better than other companies.
chefjenibel
Okay, I've never started a thread on here before, but I need some input.
I have a recruit lead that is concerned that we "only" start with a 20% commission rate. Looks as though she has probably been shopping around other direct sales companies and is being enticed by those promising 40-50%.
I, of course, understand why our commission structure works well. Does anyone have a flyer or brochure breaking down what we really earn? I'm thinking of including all of the opportunities to earn free product as well as commission. Anything anyone has is worth a shot! And if you all have any "ingenious" ideas I can spring on her, that would be great! After trying to convince her that it really is worth it, I will probably just tell her. Hey, spend $50 to get your $350 kit, do your first 6 shows, get your commission plus at least SSmonth 1 Bonus, and if you still don't think it's worth it, you've still come out on top. I'm not desperate for recruits, but I would really like her to give it a try. Help!!!! :eek:

Here you go ..I think this will help

Attachments

• Why 20% Commission.doc
    22.5 KB · Views: 544
The only input I can give you is that I recently was speaking to a woman who sells Home Interior and she asked me how much commission I make. When I told her 24% she replied " wow, I make 40% or more" . I even was thinking that is a nice chunk. Then as I talked to her more I found out that HI does not provide the free host products for her. She has to provide all of that. That is a huge Chunk! She also has to buy all her guest gifts as well. So when it comes down to it it is really not that much. Really about the same as we get. You really need to show her all that we get. Also we do not need to keep an inventory. PC is very sraight and forward. You sell and they pay you commission. Hardly any starting up cost. And the free stuff we get is out of this world.

There are just two things on the document that you might want to change. It lists quarterly and yearly bonuses, that has not been in effect for quite some time. And it lists shipping at the bottom as $3.50. It is a great comparison though, I would love to use that to show people.

Thank you! That is a wonderful flyer! Exactly what I was looking for. Like I said, I know all of the benefits, etc, I just didn't know how to put it down on paper.
Anyone have anything else?......
Jen

-- "four" major credit cards.
-- 4 half-price choices

Last edited:
I recently done a double show with a passion party consultant and i was interested in knowing how much she made. She said well it depends on how much you pay for your kit. You can start off making as low as 10% all the way up to 40% but here's where it really gets bad. They have no host plan at all. I said if i were to host a show what i would i get? She said oh nothing. If i decide to buy something and give it away if comes out of my pocket. I just couldn't believe it. That's the same with home interiors and just about every other ds company that makes that much money. Why go through the hassle of having to purchase gifts and spend your time doing nonsense stuff when you can just let ho give the product away and make half the money. In the end it's better for us....we're not having to spend money to get hosts interested in something.....

I am sorry, it was an old flyer, and I sent it without updating it. Please change before you use it, and I will update my file.

I loved the flyer! Making those few changes is SO much better than recreating the wheel!! Thanks for sharing.

Also to change on the flyer is the 3 half-price items are now 4...

I also let people know that only $200 every other month to stay active... and that is soooo easy to do... plus if we go inactive we don't have to sign up again...unless it was over a year.

Our host program is awesome compared to many (or all) other companies... where else do past hosts get 10% off everything, and 60% off another awesome product!!-- nowhere that I've seen.

I have a friend that used to sell PC, and she started with another company, and she said it just didn't seem right for the past host to not get the 10% off... so she was offering that to her past hosts... taking it out of her commission!

That's an awesome flyer--thanks for sharing:D
A passion party gal had a show for me, she said that she can't take credit cards, unless she buys her own machine! Plus that would include paying all the fees that go along with that! Ouch, she thought that really hurt her sales.
One thing I think is great that wasn't mentioned above is our products sell themselves! The company is pretty well-known, and once people see the products in action & hear other people's testimonials, the products are easy to sell!:D Even those that haven't heard of PC.

Here's an update of the FABULOUS flyer that was posted by mrssyvo. I made some adjustments according to the new policies, and based on the comments here. I can't wait to give this to my recruit lead. Hopefully it will really get her thinking.
Thanks again!!!!

Attachments

• why 20% commission.doc
    23 KB · Views: 526
chefjenibel said:
Here's an update of the FABULOUS flyer that was posted by mrssyvo. I made some adjustments according to the new policies, and based on the comments here. I can't wait to give this to my recruit lead. Hopefully it will really get her thinking.
Thanks again!!!!

Thanks for doing the work of updating it! That's what's great about this site:)

Another versionHere is another version that I have...Again, it was posted here, and I tweaked it. It's basically the same, but it's formatted a little differently, and has a little bit of different information. I like this one because the bullets don't run into each other for me (my eyesight is a little weird :D ).

Attachments

• current Why 20% Commission.doc
    28 KB · Views: 442
Here is a recruiting flyer I use. It adds in incentive product value, commission etc., to show prospective recruits why PC is a no risk proposition. It does need updating as consultant promotions change.

I think I would the flyer on this site originally.

Attachments

• No Risk Factor Recruiting.doc
    69 KB · Views: 731
Who wrote up the 20% commission thing?It is absolutely dynamite! I learned stuff I didn't know and I have been doing this for some 5 years! It's wonderful to have such a great "weapon" against the other companies. YEE HAA PAMPERED CHEF! (I knew I had the right company!)

I didn't read through all of the threads but some DSA's charge a "membership fee" just to stay active and most of them charge a fee to the consultant to for the ability to take CC's.

Those are some great documents! I know they would answer some of the questions that might be at the back of someone's mind. How would someone not want to at least try it after reading that?!!

pampered1224 said:
It is absolutely dynamite! I learned stuff I didn't know and I have been doing this for some 5 years! It's wonderful to have such a great "weapon" against the other companies. YEE HAA PAMPERED CHEF! (I knew I had the right company!)

John - not only is it a great "weapon", but we can use it without beatin down other DSAs. For some reason, there are people who like to carry inventory! Also, I have had other DSA consultants who don't have to carry as much "big stuff" like I do who comment on that. Those usually have their own inventory. To each his/her own!

Someone once said how MK or other companies pay 50%. To that I reply, oh yeah, they do. You just have to buy the product and keep an inventory.

Here's something that would break down shows into an hourly pay. This is actually on the back of my lapboards.

Attachments

• Commission vs Hourly Pay.doc
    89.5 KB · Views: 461
Great documents, good to know I made a great decision with PC!

1. Why is the commission rate for Pampered Chef only 20%?

The 20% commission rate for Pampered Chef is based on industry standards and is competitive with other direct sales companies. This commission rate allows us to offer high-quality products at affordable prices while still providing our consultants with a fair and generous income.

2. Is 20% commission enough to make a good income with Pampered Chef?

Yes, 20% commission is enough to make a good income with Pampered Chef. Our consultants have the opportunity to earn additional income through bonuses, incentives, and building a team. We also offer training and support to help our consultants succeed.

3. Can I negotiate a higher commission rate with Pampered Chef?

No, the 20% commission rate is non-negotiable. As mentioned, it is based on industry standards and is fair for both the company and our consultants. However, our consultants have the opportunity to increase their earnings through various bonuses and incentives.

4. How often do consultants receive their commission payments?

Consultants receive their commission payments bi-weekly, or every two weeks. This allows for a consistent and timely income stream for our consultants.

5. Are there any additional fees or costs deducted from the 20% commission?

No, there are no additional fees or costs deducted from the 20% commission rate. This is the full amount that consultants earn from their sales. However, there may be fees associated with running your own Pampered Chef business, such as purchasing catalogs or supplies.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AMTC
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
gratergirl
  • Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Sheila