• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Advice for Returning to Direct Pampered Chef Sales: Kelly's Story

I made $2200. Month 2 was July 2004, and I made $4000. Month 3 was August 2004, and I made $6000. Month 4 was September 2004, and I made $8000. Month 5 was October 2004, and I made $10000. Month 6 was November 2004, and I made $12000. Month 7 was December 2004, and I made $14000. Month 8 was January 2005, and I made $16000. Month 9 was February 2005, and I made $18000. Month 10 was March 2005, and I made $20000. Month 11 was April 2005, and I made $22000. Month 12 was May 2005, and I made $24000. Month 13 was June 2005,
KellyRedHead
Hi Everyone!

I just joined your forum and from what I have read everyone is VERY friendly and helpful! So I think you could all help with something that has been going on in my head since May.

I was a PC consultant for a little over a year and left in 2003 due to some conflicts. My husband and I have been have some difficult times making ends meet lately and I remember the money I use to make in direct sales.
I attended a show in May and the thought of returning to PC in the back of my mind ever since! I talked with the consultant that hosted the show. She has been with the company for over 10 years now and seems very nice and helpful.

I was wondering how everyone is doing with there businesses in light of some states having a big unemployment issues and people not having money to afford to go to the shows. We live in upstate New York and this area can sometimes seem a little depressed.

I was also wondering when you all thought would be a good time to start. Now in the summer or later towards fall?

I would appreciate any advice you could give me and want to thank all of you in advance for your help! :)

Kelly

I live in Anderson, SC and I'm having trouble getting shows. The main excuse I hear is "I have no money right now". My shows that I have had have been small ranging from $200 - 700 in sales. Booking cooking shows has been hard too. I'm not trying to be discouraging for you, I guess it depends on your motivation and area your living in. Good luck to you, I'm not quitting cause I love it!

I always find the summer months to be rough if I haven't done the work I needed to do ahead of time. To be quite honest, I would sign up with September being SS1, that way you have your first month with all of the new products as an added hosting benefit. You will make your SS kit money back in your first 4 shows, this job really is a win-win for everyone.

Welcome to chefsuccess and I hope that you re-join the PC family!

Well I signed in fall, NOVember 2005 and it was great for the new catalog but I was bummed that my sales points for the trip incentives did not carry over to the new year! :O( I had $5k for my first two months so I guess I have to just work that much more this year!

Welcome aboard!

Summer is generally slow so right now I am slower than usual...but all in all the lousy economy has not hurt my business. I think August is a terrific time to start with the new catty coming out in Sept and the holidays right around the corner. Good luck to you!!

Last year I did slow down in the summer, but then I picked back up and sold $2500 in October. I am not slow at all right now. I just got off the phone with someone and scheduled my 9th show for this month. My goal is to sell $5000 this month, and I will not rest until midnight on the 30th :)

It really does depend on how much you are willing to work at it. This is the hardest I have ever tried to get bookings. So far out of all my calls this month, I've only gotten one no. I just try not to be pushy, and I think people really like that.

Thank you to everyone who has posted so far! I appreciate it.

You are all probably right fall would probably be better, I just need to make some money now. If I did start now can you change you SS month or not if you have turned something in?

When will the new catalog be out, September?

I just got done reading Doris Christopher's new book and have found that to be very inspirational! I think it will help alot in boosting my confidence this time around!

Thanks again-

Kelly :D

It would help if i read the post closer! I see dannyzmom mention September for the catalog.

I am 90% sure I am going to re-sign. I just want to talk with a few people in my area to see who I click with before signing.
I really feel you need a good working relationship with your sponsor or it will effect your business.

Thanks again-
Kelly :)

Summer is definitely what you make of it. My SS Month 1 was June 2004, and because I was shooting for a recruiting bonus, super starter bonus AND sell-a-thon, I found I was motivated enough to do the phone calls and work that I needed to do to get what I wanted. I ended up at $3000 in sales for June alone, and over $4200 for SS Month 1 by doing 7 shows. I use those numbers as a reminder for myself that when I do the work, it is possible to achieve the results that I want no matter the time of year. So my advice is: decide what you want and what you need, make a plan to achieve that (i.e. how many shows you want, and how many phone calls it will take to get them), and don't wait. Do it now or you will find many reasons not to do it at all by this fall. If you get started this month, you can even EARN some of those new products during the SELL-A-THON!!! :)

1. How did Kelly get back into direct sales with Pampered Chef?

Kelly attended a Pampered Chef party and fell in love with the products all over again. She then reached out to her former consultant and expressed interest in returning to direct sales.

2. What challenges did Kelly face in returning to Pampered Chef?

Kelly had to overcome the fear of rejection and starting over, as well as learning new products and techniques. She also had to rebuild her customer base and establish a new network.

3. How did Kelly overcome these challenges?

Kelly sought support from her upline and fellow consultants, attended training events, and utilized the resources provided by Pampered Chef. She also stayed positive and persistent, and focused on building genuine relationships with her customers.

4. What advice does Kelly have for others considering returning to direct sales with Pampered Chef?

Kelly recommends setting realistic goals, staying organized, and being consistent with follow-ups. She also emphasizes the importance of being passionate about the products and sharing their benefits with others.

5. How has returning to direct sales with Pampered Chef impacted Kelly's life?

Kelly has been able to supplement her income and have more flexibility in her schedule. She has also gained confidence and a sense of purpose through helping others discover the joy of cooking and entertaining with Pampered Chef products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
cincychef
  • makeawhisk
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
angel7581
  • cincychef