• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Share Future Plans Beyond Pampered Chef or Not??

, in summary, says that she has always wanted to be a midwife and has found a program in her area that costs a little over $5000 from start to finish. She would like to share this at her shows to show people that they can reach their money goals with a PC business, but does it look bad that she eventually wants to leave PC? Michele does not think so!
gilliandanielle
I have always wanted to be a midwife and have found a program in my area. It costs a little over $5000 from start to finish, which I am SLOWLY earning with my PC commission. I would like to share this at my shows to show people that they can reach thier money goals with a PC business, but does it look bad that I eventually want to leave PC. Does it give potential recruits mixed messages that I love my PC business, but don't want to make it a career?

Is it possible not to add that part? just say that right now you are doing PC and enjoying the commission which is helping you reach your goal of becoming a midwife? If someone asks say I'll take it from there.

I still dont think its bad to say you wont be doing PC forever. Thats why its for everyone. You do it for as long as you want. :)

I don't think so!I honestly don't think that it gives a mixed message!

Everybody, in any job, but especially in direct selling, is using their job as a means to an end.

Whether it's paying a bill each month, making up a financial gap, providing "fun" money, saving for a new car, or paying for school (just to name a few), we are all working towards something.

I think it's great that people can know that they can use TPC to reach a long or short term goal, without feeling like they'll be doing cooking shows forever!

TinasKitchen said:
Is it possible not to add that part? just say that right now you are doing PC and enjoying the commission which is helping you reach your goal of becoming a midwife? If someone asks say I'll take it from there.

I still dont think its bad to say you wont be doing PC forever. Thats why its for everyone. You do it for as long as you want. :)

I agree.

I think you are right on pointing out what PC is helping you doing but it could send a mixed message at the same time. In a way it would be like going into a job interview and saying to the person interviewing you i want this job but I don't plan on staying with you for very long.

I only tell part of my story as to why I joined PC, but my circumstances are alot different then yours.

Plus, you can offer two services when you become a midwife. You can help them know what to cook after the baby is born...heh. :D

I would just say that PC is helping you reach your goal of becoming a midwife. You don't have to say that you will be quitting PC. Who knows, you may never quit. You can do both.

Shawnna said:
I would just say that PC is helping you reach your goal of becoming a midwife. You don't have to say that you will be quitting PC. Who knows, you may never quit. You can do both.

That's what I'd tell them.

Check out the "Apron" flyer. There are 5 sizes. One of them says short term. I make it a point when I host coach to convey the levels of committment. Everyone's life is different and you joined knowing it would be for a limited amount of time and that is okay!! You shouldn't feel bad sharing and it may help someone else see Pampered Chef as a means to and end as well.

However; I do agree with Shawna as well, you may choose not to quit PC.

I agree with the posts here and say definately share your goals and dreams with people at shows. I would be cautious of telling them you are going to quit when you reach that goal for two reasons. One is that you may not quit. You may decide to continue on with it as you have been and use that money to supplement your new business or you may do just enough to stay active and enjoy the discounts, who knows. The other reason is you don't want people thinking you are quitting very soon and they may not be able to work with you if they have questions or adjustments.

I think that is a great goal and wish you luck fulfilling your dreams.

Michele

1. What kind of career advancement opportunities are available at Pampered Chef?

At Pampered Chef, we value personal and professional growth for our employees. We offer various opportunities for career advancement, including promotions to higher positions, cross-training in different departments, and leadership development programs.

2. Can I still work for Pampered Chef if I decide to pursue other career opportunities in the future?

Absolutely! We understand that people's career goals and interests may change over time. If you decide to pursue other opportunities in the future, we will support you in your transition and welcome you back if you choose to return to Pampered Chef.

3. Is there a possibility for remote work or flexible work arrangements at Pampered Chef?

Yes, we offer remote work and flexible work arrangements for certain positions at Pampered Chef. We understand that work-life balance is important, and we strive to accommodate our employees' needs as much as possible.

4. Are there any training or development programs available for employees who want to further their education?

Yes, we offer various training and development programs for our employees. This includes on-the-job training, online courses, and tuition reimbursement for employees who are pursuing higher education or professional certifications.

5. What kind of support does Pampered Chef offer for employees who want to start their own business?

At Pampered Chef, we encourage entrepreneurial spirit and offer support for employees who want to start their own businesses. This includes mentorship programs, resources for building a business plan, and networking opportunities with other successful entrepreneurs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• StacieB
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
StacieB
  • jcsmilez
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • lockhartkitchen