• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dealing with a Kit-Napper: Supporting Your Friend Through Tough Times

she had one show in October and hasn't submitted anything since! I've emailed her a few times, left a voicemail, and even stopped by her apartment (she lives in a different city)... nothing!I think the biggest thing you can do is be supportive. If she doesn't want to do it, then tell her. If she doesn't want to submit anything, then she won't. There's not much you can do about it.
chefmelody
She signed up in March and has done a total of $77 in sales. She keeps saying that she's having a rough couple of months with family and such, but what do I do? I don't think she can go inactive in her SS months, but she obviously isn't going to qualify any time soon.

I don't want to be angry with her, as she's a good person and I like her as a friend, but it's hard not to be frustrated.

Same here Melody - a recruit from Feb whose SS#1 was supposed to be April. She hasn't submitted one single dime! And she had shows lined up with friends! She is out-of-state and got my name from a friend. So I really dont know her or know the girls that were supposed to host. This recruit even participated in a couple training calls with my cluster. Then nothing. It is like she dropped off the face of the earth. I have emailed and left messages. I sent my final email to her early this week that if she did not want to do PC, I understood that circumstances can happen, but at least give me the courtesy of an answer to my email or phone call!
Sorry this happened to you too. Life goes on......

In her defense she may be trying really hard. I know I did and hosts kept backing out of shows at the last minute and I ended up only having two shows total in all 3 ss months. It was awful. Finally I qualified in my 4th month and things picked up and I am doing quite well now but it was so hard getting started. And Cindy your recruit may be intimidated a little by you. I know I was embarassed when I had no shows or orders to tell my recruiter about, I felt like I was letting her down. Anyway you two just encourage as much as you can and it may work out, it did for me!

I have to agree with the above post. it took me about 4 months to qualify as well. I worked my butt off to get booking only to have them cancel at the last minute. dont give up yet...she may be telling the truth

I can see both side of the fence on this one!!

I was a slow starter myself. I had lots of cancelations when I 1st got started, SS month#2 ended up in the hospital for the whole month (I did qualify from my hospital bed though), then took 2 months off to cope with the death of a family member.

On to my only recruit so far, I met her at the fair she booked a show and wanted to be a consultant well about 8 months later she has yet to submit any sales!!

I was told that we will all get them a time or 2. You just move on and they may catch up with you.

I think my recruit's main problem is that she doesn't want to do cooking shows. She only wants to do catalogue... which is fine, but takes a lot more work.

Oh, I totally understand where she is coming from.. I still have that fear.. but trying to overcome it.. I still get so nervous that I could be sick... and forget half of what I was "wanting" to say.. but somehow manage to fumble through it. but I am hoping that the vendor fair that i have coming up on the 24th will put me together with some new people and I can get outside of the same crowd that I have been harrassing my few years in the biz.. hopefully she will get over her fear.. and can realize what a rewarding job this is.

I've been selling since last July. My SS1 was supposed to be July, but quickly changed it to August when 1 of my 3 shows resheduled and another host flaked with only $50 in sales including her own order! I qualified in August got my bonus and Roasting Pan. Before my 1st show my host calls and says, I want to do this too! I was so excited! She was so excited and motivated. She signed up the end of August, so she could get the Roasting Pan too! I had visions of being a director in 3 months! We picked Oct as her SS1, so she'd have tons of time to get going. She had 3 shows scheduled for Sept. Her first show was almost $800! She did great during Sept and got her SS Bonus and spent all of Oct working on the Plus Bonuses! Well, to make this long story short. She up and quit going to meetings with me, her sales dropped off and she's now inactive and hasn't submitted anything since January. What really makes me mad is that people she and my DH works with will ask her to do shows and she says yes and then flakes on them. In November when her sales started to drop off I asked her to go to with me to do a church bazaar. I split all the contacts with her and she's NEVER CALLED THEM! It just kills me. Everytime I see her I invite her to go to the meetings with me and she says yes and then the day of the meeting she tells my DH that she can't go, but to let her know when the next one is! SHE MAKES ME SO BAD!

I have had a kit napper, she got the kit and never held a show and never returned my phone calls....now, that is a kitnapper! I would try to have a sit down with this recruit over coffee and find out what is really going on, see if you can help her and maybe this just isn't the right time for her. We have to keep refilling our recruiting pot because some just aren't going to work out.

My first recruit (back in November) had one show ($700) and then nothing. No friends or family would do a show for her. Now, I don't want to come off the wrong way, but, if NO ONE would help me get started, I'd have to re-evaluate the relationships in my life. I know its not always a good time for people but no one?

So, I have kept in touch with her and we keep talking, she's even hekped me out at a few shows. I'm taking her to the BRU event and maybe she'll get some good leads. She's a natural at this and wants to succed, but she just is having a tough time.

I hear about people having trouble qualifying, and didn't realize how fortunate I was. I qualified with my first show--$1300.

As I was reading everyone's posts, I started counting my blessings. My SS1 month is this month. I am hoping to qualify but am not sure yet. I do have 2 parties booked. My first one is in 2 weeks and a friend of mine is holding it. The other party is my boss. She actually approached me before I even had my starter kit!

I have a bunch of people from school that want me to call them this month to book for either July or August. And I could not get through any of this without the help of my fantastic recruiter! :D We live in 2 different states abouth 1-2 hours from each other but we have been in contact via email almost everyday.

I try my hardest to give people the benefit of the doubt...especially in Sales. I know I personally have a difficult time trying to sell something to someone because I don't want to come across as overbearing or pushy. Maybe your recruit will come around or maybe not. The important thing is to try to continue communicating and see where the problem may be.

Bless her and release her.

You can always leave a message saying that you understand if she's had a tough time getting books, but you don't want to hassle her, and that its your last call, and when she's ready to start her business she can give you a call. You could try to mention that many people give it a try and take a leave and come back later. No problem. Hey, if and when she's ready she knows you're ok with it.

I guess I dont understand what the fuss is about. I just joined 2 weeks ago. I do another direct sales company and I tell my recruits its THEIR business. They can run it how they want. If they are in it just for the discount and want to meet just the minimums thats fine. If they want to build it big thats great! :)

I had another consultant (a TOP PERFORMER i nthe company) tell me her attitude about recruits...she doesn't coddle or chase them or pressure or nag them. She "throws them to the wall...if they stick, great...of not...oh well." In other words...we are all given the same kit to start with. Our training meetings are on ___day. If yo uwant to build a business, build a business...nobody can do it for you...and she is not going to waste her energy on people who aren't performing. Sound a bit harsh? maybe - bt let me tell you -- the consultant who gave me that tip has her name in the recognition section of the KN almost every month. She's a TOP DAWG...so I am folloing her advice.
I have three kitnappers right now...oh well - this is an amazing businesss - if they don't want to work it...their loss.

"Spend 80% of your time on the top 20% of your cluster" is what my director says. She is a NED and averages $25,000 a month due to her high sales and 1500 people under her. Try to support them all the same way. Those that are on the ball and excell, give them the time and support they want/need - obviously, don't take away time from your business and family!

I tell my recruits this biz can be what u want it to be---Those inactive or having trouble I send same e-mails the same as I do the whole team---they are kept up to date---So i have several that keep coming off inactive--or just doing a show every 2 months--thats OK--no pressure---thats what they want it to be

One signed last aug. never officially did a show til April---but now she has a fundraiser I did thru her group last yr--due this month---sometimes life gets in the way for others--but they really want to.....

Helping us get to Director etc. isn't their goal:D

Kit-napperI just rejoined after being out several years. When I started things had settle down in my life so I thought.
I work several jobs besides P.C because hubby only brings home 180 a week.
The month of J une was horrible because I couldn't do shows because my husband had surgary my got dog .a horrible sickness and almost died.Know my dad is sick again he probaly won't be here in another year.
But every day I work on my business.
My husband does not support me an anything I do.
I feel I'm letting a lot of people down and may quit P.C again.
:( :(

Don't quit--just do ur $200 every 2 months to stay active until u are able to do it better again and get thru this rough personal time??!!;)

gingerjenny said:
I guess I dont understand what the fuss is about. I just joined 2 weeks ago. I do another direct sales company and I tell my recruits its THEIR business. They can run it how they want. If they are in it just for the discount and want to meet just the minimums thats fine. If they want to build it big thats great! :)

If someone want to do PC as a hobby fine, if they want to do it PT or FT, fine...but don't buy a kit with no intentions of ever doing a show. That's what the fuss is about, people who buy kits and do nothing with no intentions of ever doing anything. Those consultants that want to promote do so by trying to recruit people who will in essence add to their bottom line and a kit-napper is frustrating for the recruiter and is in effect, stealing from PC and working the system in their favor and screwing over the person that recruited them.

I just signed up...I've asked about 10 people to do a show for me so far and I have got one yes for a book party. I just hope my recruiter is not talking about me like that cause Im really trying. And she didnt really have to recruit me. I bought a few things and said sign me up. I figure I can make the minimums just with my purchases for a few years at least. I want everything!

I also do another company for scrapbooking. I have 12 recruits and some of them do shows and some just buy enough to meet their minimums. I have no problem if they just want to buy the kit and never buy anything else. Its their buck.
Jen

There are people out there who buy the kit with no intention of doing anything with it. Face it, it is an awesome deal. Unless PC wants to take their kit back because they did not fulfill their contract, there is nothing we can do about it. There are those who will buy a kit and do 4 shows or 1250 and then quit...that is their choice. They met their committment. I personally joined with the intention of doing 6 shows and quitting...and my recruiter knew that. But, I'm still here 5 years later, so don't judge your people. I am still a hobby consultant. Some months I do an awesome amount...for me....and some months I do nothing. Is my director getting rich off me? NO, but she says this is your business and you work it the way you want to. She does not pressure me to do anything. I think you need to give your recruit time to decide. If she does nothing, then forget it and move on.

I guess the one thing that really bugs me is that you sign a contract saying you will complete 4 shows or $1250 in sales. If PC wanted to, they could take you to court to get the cost of the kit back - kind of like getting an awesome deal on a cell phone and then having to have a 2 year contract with the providor with an early termination fee clause. I'm totally upfront with my recruits by letting them know that they must complete the legal contract and if they don't, then they are hurting my business, too. I stay on them until they finish the contract. I also let them know that I am okay with them stopping after their contract if they want to.As for other companies that people sign for the discount, I know of one - a scrapbooking company - where all the consultants I have talked to say it is okay to do that. Here's the catch. To complete the contract, you have to make an order of $500 retail. A lot of people just let their friends and family know that they can order at the consultant discount price if they place the order by x date. Unfortunately, since we don't carry stock as PC consultants, it is a bit harder to do that. I guess you could have enough money in an account, offer the discount to family and friends, turn in the $1250 show and wait for the commission.

yes, it is true. we sign a contract. But, the contract is between us and PC, not us and our recruiter. Yes, we benefit if our recruits do well, but we can't make them. It is sad that people will not keep even written contracts, let alone verbal ones. But what can we do about it?

I know the contract is not between me and the recruit, but it is a contract. I come at it from the "being honest" angle and let them know that they will make at least $120 out of the minimum shows. That covers the cost of the kit and then some!

I agree with you Kate. I also wanted to say, as I know I can't make someone do shows or do even "the right thing" it is still frustrating for those of us that want to promote to work our buns off to sign someone, work with them and waste time and energy on something that was not worth it. Please don't think that I am talking about any of you on here, #1 if you are on here (or just lurk) you care about your PC business and #2 none of you are kitnappers, you have done shows or will do them...kitnappers are people who effectively lie to you to sign under you and then do nothing with no intentions of ever doing anything, not even the first 4 shows. I am a hobbyist more than anything, but I also want to promote and I am almost there...I would be already there if it weren't for 2 kitnappers.

I always make sure to remind potential recruits that they are signing a legal contract. I tell them what is expected of them and what they get for that. I ALWAYS say..."now I have never heard of PC hunting anyone down but gosh would I hate for you to be the first person they come after!" So far out of the 10 recruits I have had....I have not had one true kit-napper. 7 have qualified. 3 have not and 2 of those never did...I still have a chacne with one of them! Those two were very honest with me and were not able to make it work after trying (1 moved A LOT!).
Life happens and sometimes PC gets pushed back. Honestly, all you can do is continue to support your team. I still send e-mails to ALL 10 of my past recruits......I think I secretly hope they will either re-activate or come back to the table! A gal can wish can't she?

What is "I Have a Kit-Napper"?

"I Have a Kit-Napper" is a game that allows you to earn free Pampered Chef products by hosting a virtual cooking party and inviting friends to purchase products from your party link.

How do I become a Kit-Napper?

To become a Kit-Napper, you simply need to host a virtual cooking party through a party link provided by your Pampered Chef consultant. Once your party reaches a certain sales goal, you will earn free products as a Kit-Napper.

How many Kit-Napper rewards can I earn?

You can earn up to three Kit-Napper rewards per party, depending on the total sales. For example, if your party reaches $600 in sales, you will earn one Kit-Napper reward, $1,200 in sales will earn you two rewards, and $1,800 or more in sales will earn you three rewards.

What products can I earn as a Kit-Napper?

You can earn any product from the current Pampered Chef catalog as a Kit-Napper reward. This includes both new and popular items, as well as exclusive products only available to Kit-Nappers.

How long do I have to redeem my Kit-Napper rewards?

Kit-Napper rewards must be redeemed within 30 days of earning them. Your consultant will provide you with instructions on how to redeem your rewards and place your order.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kelly8
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Kelly8
  • chefann
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
cmdtrgd
  • pamperedalf