• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Recruiting at Fairs and Other Venues

In summary, the speaker suggests having a tri-fold poster board with information on wedding showers, booking, and recruiting. They also recommend scheduling a follow-up meeting with interested individuals and having a drawing box for a product or gift certificate. Additionally, they suggest showing the super-starter brochure and kit contents to generate interest in booking and recruiting. Finally, they mention setting up a section of the table with products from the kit and having a drawing for interested individuals.
pchefgirl1982
Hi Everyone,

I have two craft fairs coming up and I was wondering what ideas you had about presenting recruiting materials. I have a tri-fold poster board that I would like to put wedding shower info, booking info, and recruiting info. on it. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Marie

My suggestion would be to try to schedule a time either by phone or in person that you can meet with the person again. I did a fair and had 5 solid recruit leads, and now I can not get in touch with any of them.... Lesson learned. So just like booking a show right away, schedule a time to meet again to go over questions.

I would have a drawing box for a product or gift certificate and have people fill out the drawing slips. Maybe have something on the box saying they don't count unless all the boxes are filled out. (Do you want to have a show, etc.) Another thing I heard on a booking CD was saying if you don't answer the questions I'll assume they are all yesses! If you get a chance to talk to the people filling out the slips ask if you can show them a few things and show them the super-starter brochure and kit contents. When people see they can get all those products for $90 it creats interest. Show them that if they hold a show they can get it for $50. You might just get a booking and a recruit!

When I do fairs I set up one part of my table with all the products that come in the kit with a sign that says "Ask me how you can get all this for $90."

And I always have a drawing at my table so folks fill out the slips and mark if they are interested.

1. How can I prepare for recruiting at a fair or other venue?

Before attending the fair or event, make sure to research the companies and organizations that will be present. Prepare a list of questions to ask potential employers and have copies of your resume and business cards ready to hand out. Dress professionally and arrive early to make a good first impression.

2. What types of companies typically attend recruiting fairs?

Recruiting fairs and other venues often attract a wide range of companies, including large corporations, small businesses, and non-profit organizations. These companies may be looking to fill a variety of positions, from entry-level to executive roles.

3. How can I stand out from other candidates at a recruiting event?

To stand out from other candidates, make sure to have a clear and concise elevator pitch prepared that highlights your skills and experiences. Engage with recruiters by asking thoughtful questions and showing genuine interest in the company. Additionally, make sure to follow up with any potential employers after the event.

4. What should I bring to a recruiting fair or event?

It is important to bring multiple copies of your resume, as well as business cards if you have them. It can also be helpful to bring a pen and notepad to take notes and jot down any important information. Additionally, make sure to have a professional-looking bag or portfolio to hold all your materials.

5. Can I apply for a job on the spot at a recruiting fair or event?

In some cases, companies may allow you to apply for a job on the spot at the event. However, this is not always the case. It is best to come prepared with your resume and apply for any positions online after the event. This will also give you time to carefully review the job descriptions and tailor your application to each specific position.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• niktim3
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • AlowayFamily
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pletcherdee