• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mastering Lead Follow-Up: Proven Scripts for Recruiting Success

don't give up. You CAN get a lot of interest if you keep at it. Just keep planting the seeds and don't be discouraged if they don't grow right away.
heat123
Silver Member
I haven't had any luck with my leads since I started pondering the whole Recruiting idea( Since February)

It seems I send them a packet, call to follow up and either I cannot get a hold of them (after 5 calls) or they all say they haven't had a chance to look over it yet so they have no ??? for me. I get discouraged and tell them once they do look over the info please feel free to contact me with any??? . And leave it at that.:(

I am so not the aggressive type when it comes to follow up! I really need to work on that downfall! :rolleyes:

Help!!! Are there any scripts you could offer on that initial phone call after they say " No I haven't looked it over yet"....???

And your scripts you use when actually are answering questions for them-what is your general speil?

This is my 5th month with TPC and I think I am ready to start actively recruiting???:confused:

Thanks!:eek:

Hi, Heather. I have a rotating lead form that my director gave me. I have one person who says she definately wants to sign up but her schedule makes it tough for me to get a hold of her. Then I wonder, how could she even do shows, or her hosts get a hold of her. I just periodically follow up anyway. You never know when they may suddenly be interested, or when their circumstances change. Don't wait for them to call you back. Just keep following up. I got some interesting stats 1 in 50 will be interested in the Opp and then I think 1 out of every 10 of those actually sign, so just keep talking it up. If someone has the actual figure, let me know!

Don't send them packets. Meet with them. Give them information in person. Then you can tell them how wonderful PC is and answer their questions right away and capitalize on their excitement!

DebbieJ said:
Don't send them packets. Meet with them. Give them information in person. Then you can tell them how wonderful PC is and answer their questions right away and capitalize on their excitement!
I agree, this really helps!! I try to do this whenever possible. Some don't want to do this because right off the bat they see this as a committment but I try to stress that it's NOT. I tell them I have some great information I'd love to SHOW them in person and let them know I'd love to treat them to a cup of coffee.

Heather, I'd look into some of the recruiting teleclasses. If it's too crazy to call in for a live one, look into one of the pre-recorded ones. They usually give you some great phrases and scripts you can use, including comebacks at some common objections people will throw at you.

I also do a rolling contact list. I have a spiral notebook and I staple the person's drawing slip (if it was from a show) or write their name at the top of each page. I jot down some personal notes to remind me who they are, where I met them, what interests them about PC, etc. Whenever there's a really good promotion, I'll go through the list and let everyone know. I always jot down what they tell me and if they're not interested in getting together at that point or considering it some more, I'll ask if I can follow up with them in a few more months. Don't let "no" stop you unless they are expressing they know they'll NEVER ever want to consider it ever again. I don't like becoming a pest because I make a point to tell everyone I'm not a Pampered Stalker. If they say "no" now is not a good time, ask to follow up with them.

Even if some aren't chomping at the bit right now to start the business or even consider it seriously, don't write them off. Keep them as part of your rolling contact list. Just keep sharing your story and you'll keep getting some interest!:D

planting seedsI look at it as planting seeds. I hope to have a lot of oak trees but right now it is some flimsy little seedlings.

I started in November and worked a church craft fair with nothing coming out of it at the time. Well, I did one $700 a few weeks ago that got three bookings from that craft fair (four months later). This week, someone I met at the craft fair approached me at church and says it's time to do her show (six months after the fair).

My point is to not get discouraged and keep planting seeds. Eventually, they will grow....BEE

Becky--that's the best advice-EVER!

AJPratt said:
Becky--that's the best advice-EVER!
Awww, that's nice. Most of it is made up of things I've heard in conference workshops, teleclasses, trainings, etc. :D

I agree with Bee! You never know when someone is going to recognize you from _____'s show and ask about your business. From little acorns tall oaks grow!! What sold it for me when I signed was my director's paychecks ($3000 monthly) Now that her team has grown she makes between $5000-$7000 monthly! I knew that I wouldn't be making that from day one, but if she can do it in Alaska, so can I! Maybe you could ask someone in your upline to copy one of their paystubs. People want to see hard numbers, not just percentages. I read in a thread on here to put your highest paycheck, lowest paycheck, and most recent paycheck in recruiting envelopes (not the paycheck, -take that to the bank the PAYSTUB! LOL!Gillian Wright
Wasilla, Alaska

My Director has (in her tri-fold folder) some notes from her director, ribbons, a couple commission checks, and said that she does that because the business attracts different people for different reasons and some people aren't rewarded at their day job or don't get recognition, and we all know that PC is really good at recognition.

1. How can I improve my lead follow-up skills?

To improve your lead follow-up skills, it's important to have a plan in place. This includes setting aside time specifically for follow-up, using a variety of communication methods such as phone calls, emails, and text messages, and having a script ready for common objections or questions. It's also important to be persistent and consistent in your follow-up efforts.

2. What are some proven scripts for successful lead follow-up?

Some proven scripts for successful lead follow-up include starting with a friendly introduction, mentioning any previous interactions or connections, and asking open-ended questions to engage the lead in conversation. It's also helpful to have a script ready for common objections such as not being interested or not having enough time. The key is to be genuine and adaptable in your approach.

3. How often should I follow up with a potential recruit?

The frequency of follow-up will depend on the individual and their level of interest. It's generally recommended to follow up at least once a week, but it's important to also consider the lead's preferred method of communication and their responsiveness. If they have shown interest in joining, it's important to follow up more frequently to keep the momentum going.

4. What are some effective ways to track my follow-up efforts?

There are many ways to track your follow-up efforts, such as using a customer relationship management (CRM) system, creating a spreadsheet, or using a physical planner. Whichever method you choose, make sure it allows you to easily track the date, method of communication, and any notes or follow-up actions needed. This will help you stay organized and on top of your follow-up efforts.

5. How can I overcome the fear of following up with potential recruits?

Following up with potential recruits can be intimidating, but remember that they have already shown some level of interest in your business. It's also helpful to have a positive mindset and remind yourself of the benefits of recruiting new team members. You can also practice and role-play with a colleague or mentor to help boost your confidence. And always remember, the worst thing that can happen is they say no, but the potential for a yes is worth the effort of following up.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NooraK
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • dannyzmom
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
pamperedbecky
  • pamperedkel