• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Catalog Consultant...suggestions?

In summary, Lisa suggests encouraging your potential recruit to try out catalog and internet shows, and giving her tips on how to be successful. Debbie advises caution, as people's goals can change quickly. Gillian Wright says that with the right training, a catalog show can lead to in-home sales and more success.
happykat
:confused: I have a potential recruit that strictly wants to be a catalog consultant. I am not sure how that will work out for her. Recruiting is a new area for me, so I am not sure what to tell her. Do I try to persuade her into actually doing shows or do I just let her be a catalog consultant? How successfull can catalog consultants be? I've been a consultant for almost 2 years and have NEVER had a recruit so you can see that I need all the advice that I can get. Any help/advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I had someone sign in February and she is a catalog consultant. She has submitted three shows and her fourth will be in May.

Never discourage anyone from joining. At any time your recruit's goals could change and she could begin cooking shows. Meanwhile she can be successful at catalog shows. Encourage her to call each customer after the show to make sure everything is okay. She can then offer a catalog show to each of them. Getting bookings might be a little trickier than getting in front of people at a cooking show, but it can be done.

Of course once she qualifies she could begin bridal registries.

If you are interested in recruiting, coaching her will be great practice for you and will give you a lot more confidence in it!

Lisa

Yes i have to agree with Lisa, never discourage anyone from trying it. Many have said they started jus tto get the free stuff or to buy that new couch but now they are very successful at what they do.

Woo hoo first recruitCongratulations on your first recruit!!!

Sign her up and give her all the tips and advice you possibly can. You never know she might want to do cooking shows at some point.
Remember you can always invite her to view one of yours and she could see how easy, fun and profitable they are!
She could also do her first cooking show for herself in her home with friends and family to be comfortable.

Good luck!!
Debbie

At least half of my business is catalog/internet shows. If she has a website, I think she could do well with a catalog business. She may well change her mind and start doing cooking shows someday.
Give her encouragement.

I have a sister consultant who started out in the summer of 05 with the goal of getting all the SS monthly kits and just being a catalog consultant. She had 3 $1000 shows last month and has 5 recruits...catalog shows are a small part of her business now. Minds can change easily once they see how fun and rewarding this can be!!!

I bet at least 10% of people sign with the intentions of being a catalog only consultant. I know I did! Now they are hard to find. In the beginning when I hadn't perfected my kitchen show there was NO money difference between a kitchen show and catalog show. I figured if I was going to make the same amount of money why drag everything over to a host's house?? The only kitchen shows I did were the people that refused to have a catalog show! Now that I see a $600 difference between catalog and cooking shows, I am sold!!Let her try it out and I am sure that with the right training she will be hooked! Maybe she just doesn't know what to say. Invite her along to your shows for a few weeks so she can see what works and how to do it!Gillian Wright
Wasilla, Alaska

I was one of those "catalog consultants"...once you start seeing commission checks from catalog sales you wonder what you can do with in home sales and bingo...you are now a Future Director... Good luck with that...it will work out on its own...

I agreedon't discourage her. Once she is qualified she will be able to do Bridal Registries and there is always Fundraisers.:eek: Just with the two of those she could be very successful. As someone else said her goals may change once she gets started.

1. Can you suggest some popular products that I should feature in my catalog?

Some popular products that sell well for Pampered Chef consultants include the Deep Covered Baker, the Mix 'N Chop, the Manual Food Processor, the Garlic Press, and the Rockcrok Dutch Oven. These products are versatile, high-quality, and practical for everyday use in the kitchen.

2. How can I make my catalog stand out from other consultants?

One way to make your catalog stand out is by personalizing it with your own brand and style. Use high-quality images, creative layouts, and engaging descriptions to make your products stand out. You can also include personal stories or tips on how to use the products to connect with your customers.

3. Do you have any tips for organizing my catalog?

Yes, we recommend organizing your catalog by product category, such as cookware, bakeware, cutlery, etc. This will make it easier for customers to find what they are looking for. You can also include a table of contents or index to make it even more user-friendly.

4. How can I use my catalog to increase sales?

Your catalog is a powerful sales tool that can help you showcase the products and benefits of Pampered Chef. Use it to highlight special offers, bundle deals, or limited-time promotions. You can also include customer reviews and testimonials to build trust and encourage purchases.

5. Can I customize the catalog for my specific target audience?

Yes, you can customize your catalog by choosing products that align with the interests and needs of your target audience. For example, if you are targeting busy moms, you can feature quick and easy meal-prep tools. If your audience is health-conscious, you can showcase our line of healthy cooking and meal planning products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Bren706
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Bren706
  • pamperedpnina
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Jillmami