• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Use Today's Cooking Show as a Recruitment Tool?

In summary, the conversation is about a consultant who had a cooking show and the host is interested in signing up as a consultant. The consultant has had successful shows this month and is considering giving the host this show as her "open house" to help her get started. However, it is against company policy to submit a show under another consultant's name. It is suggested that the consultant close the show with only the orders from guests who attended and give any outside orders to the host for a catalog show. The consultant also mentions that her own consultant gave her all the bookings from her show and suggests doing the same for the host. There is some discussion about whether or not this is allowed according to company policies. Another consultant shares her experience of getting
Cindycooks
Silver Member
I had a cooking show today and the host is VERY interested in signing up. She is wondering if she can use todays show as her first show. It will not be ready to close out until Thurs and she wants to sign up tomorrow or Monday. It was a small show - $350 so far with maybe one or two orders still to come in, one from a girl who will not be back in town until the middle of the week.

Can I give her this show? I have had 2 $900 shows already this month and have 4 more to go. To get a recruit, I really do not mind letting her have this as her "open house" but really, can this be done? Or am I better off just letting her use this towards her kit credit. I want her to sign - and this would be a good incentive.
Thanks for answering my crazy question! I left a msg for my director but I think she is away tonight....C

It would be against policy to submit a show that one consultant did using another consultants name. I would suggest that you close the show with only the orders of guests that attended today and she can get kit credit. Take any outside orders and give them to her to put together into a catalog show for one of her first shows. That would keep you in line with company policy and help her get her business started with some orders.

Thanks = that is what I am thinking too. I dont want to break any rules, and when she ask, it just sorta took me by surprise. At the show, 3 or 4 people wanted to book, and I told her I would be glad to give her a couple of the bookings even, since one is her best friend. Just trying to figure all this out! She wants May to be SS1 - so she needs to get going fast to qualify.

I guess part of the thinking with all this was, she has loved PC for years and has many of our products already. She made the Touchdown Taco Dip and was talking up a storm about the stones almost as much as I was and got to thinking "gosh I can do this"...and then she said, can I just have this as my first show?

My consultant gave me all of the bookings from my show. She announced that I was starting my own business and people could really help me out. Its been great. I would suggest calling those who did/didn't attend and mention that she's signing and see of they would want to support her. Even if you we're concerned about policy, I don't think you would be able to submit it under her because you have to wait for HO to process the show before she can use her kit credit to sign up and get a consultant #.

My consultant also gave me all of the bookings from my show (8 of them) and I was reading Policies & Procedures page F-5 under Training shows and those are the rules. The consultant/recruiter gets the show and get the commission the recruit gets the bookings.:)

My director didn't do that for me. My neighbor booked a show from the one I hosted and she signed up to be a Consultant after her own show, which was held a week or two after mine.
I don't know that I would have felt comfortable doing the show since I had just signed up right after my show.
Kristy

You get the sales, she gets the bookings.

DebbieJ said:
You get the sales, she gets the bookings.

I second, or third this...none the less, I agree!

What is "Recruit Wants Todays Show"?

"Recruit Wants Todays Show" is a popular TV show that follows a group of recruiters as they compete to find the best job candidates for their companies.

When does "Recruit Wants Todays Show" air?

"Recruit Wants Todays Show" airs every Wednesday at 8 PM on the local channel ABC.

Who hosts "Recruit Wants Todays Show"?

The show is hosted by renowned recruiter and entrepreneur, Sarah Smith. She brings her expertise and experience to guide the recruiters through their challenges.

How can I watch "Recruit Wants Todays Show" if I miss the live airing?

If you miss the live airing of "Recruit Wants Todays Show", you can catch up on episodes through the ABC website or app. Some cable providers also offer on-demand viewing options for the show.

Is "Recruit Wants Todays Show" available for international viewers?

Currently, "Recruit Wants Todays Show" is only available for viewers in the United States. However, there are plans to expand the show's reach to international audiences in the future.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jessinthekitchen
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • Karen
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • Pampered Angel