• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How effective are Take 5 bags for recruiting during shows?

In summary, people are talking about recruiting during their shows. Donna has come up with a clever way to promote The Pampered Chef, by giving away Take 5 candy bars. If there is no recruit promo currently going on, then I am not sure what goes in. The Take 5 candy bars are a great idea, and I love the idea of using them as a recruiting coupon.
Hi,

Just out curiousity what do people say about recruiting during their shows. I asked the same under "Bookings" Post.

This is something that popped in my head this morning, before the kiddie woke up.

My cluster does a gift bag that we call a "Take 5" packet. It includes a Take 5 candy bar, the SS brochure, Opp brochure, the no risk flyer and the current recruit special.

Last edited:
Donna that is very clever! I want to try this! Do you mind??
What do you add if there is currently no recruiting special?

My "spiel" is my PC story to them in my intro. I tell them why I started and how well I am doing so far. Averaging $400-500 a month plus have earned nearly $1200 in free product so far, since Nov. 2005! And am loving it!

I don't care. We copied it from someone else. Who I don't know? We have a cluster promo going with them every month. We take them with us to each show and hand out as many as possible. We get one ticket for each one we hand out if we call our director the next day. If we call them on the way home from a show then we get 2 tickets for each one handed out. At the end of the month the directors draw out a name and the winner gets a $25 gift card.

As for what goes in if there's not a recruit promo, I'm not sure. We just started them March 1st.

We put them in the clear gift bags @ Wal-Mart. 25 for $1! At my show I keep one on the counter or table to remind me to talk about it! After putting my main recipe in the oven I grab the packet, step away from my table and say, "Ladies(most of my shows have no men in attendance!), who here would like to eliminate a BILL from their lives? Now, I don't mean a husband Bill, father Bill, a brother Bill or even your Uncle Bill! I mean a budget bill!(Always gets a laugh) By doing 4 shows a month with The Pampered Chef YOU could earn an extra $400 to $600 a month in income. Who here couldn't use an extra 500 BUCKS? By giving The Pampered Chef 1 to 2 nights a week out of your busy schedule, you can eliminate nearly any bill in your budget next to your mortagage! If you'd like to know more about how you can start eliminating the "BILLS" in your life please make sure that you take one of my "TAKE 5" packets home with you. Even if you aren't interested you may know someone that you can pass it on to who could use a little extra income. I promise I'm not going to hound you about everyday for the rest of your lives, all I ask is that you "TAKE 5" minutes and look it over and enjoy the TAKE 5 candy bar I've included when I call you in a day or so to answer any questions you may have. Now, let's throw together this last recipe before the first starts beeping at us to come and get it!"

Last edited:
What a great idea with the bags, I love it!

I usually just give my PC story and have everyone tell me what they would do with an extra $400 a month in their intros. Later in the show I tell them why I wanted to know and I tell them that they could do all of those things with TPC!

Those Take 5 bags are awesome - my cluster is doing it too. All the up-line directors must have found out about this or something, for so many of us to know about it, in fact I was just gettiing ready to post about it!

We were told to take them to the show and just have them out. Don't be pushy, just mention that they are there and if anyone is interested, please take one home and "take 5 minutes" to read about our awesome opportunity. Ask them to give you "5 minutes" in the next day or two on the phone to answer any questions about getting started they might have.

BTW - those Take 5 candy bars are like the best thing ever if you haven't tried one yet!

Recruiting couponI have been using that cool recruiting coupon that someone shared on here. I just change the FREE item they can receive when they qualify each month. I also ask them when was the last time they got paid $25-$60 an hour, to cook delicious foods, hang out with friends, and talk about products they love!!!
I let them know all the things I am earning FREE (my pans), already earned for FREE (mid season products, jewelry), and can earn for FREE (trips, gift certificates, money from my cluster meetings, etc).
I also pass around a paycheck stub from just last month to show them I am serious about earning so much in only 3 hours per show!!

I put a coupon in each guest folder and ask them to turn that in if they choose to sign up. I have one lady who booked a show with me this Saturday who might sign up. I will keep you posted. I have another one who is wanting to but with three little boys ages 5, 2, and 6 months she isn't sure she can get a sitter each Saturday for them. Her husband is very busy with school, work, being a treasurer and deacon of our church. I told her we would pray and wait on the Lord, in HIS timing she will be ready!!
I have also had a chance to talk to a lady in another city three hours away from me about starting up a PC business when tax season is over, and since there are no PC consultants out there she would do great!!
All I can do is pray and wait! I can't twist their arms to join but I can be helpful and available to do their shows, and answer questions!
Debbie

Cindycooks said:
Those Take 5 bags are awesome - my cluster is doing it too. All the up-line directors must have found out about this or something, for so many of us to know about it, in fact I was just gettiing ready to post about it!

We were told to take them to the show and just have them out. Don't be pushy, just mention that they are there and if anyone is interested, please take one home and "take 5 minutes" to read about our awesome opportunity. Ask them to give you "5 minutes" in the next day or two on the phone to answer any questions about getting started they might have.

BTW - those Take 5 candy bars are like the best thing ever if you haven't tried one yet!
Yep, I've started doing the Take 5 bags too. I put in the opportunity brochure, the SS brochure and my "Pampered Chef advantage" flyer.

I forgot, I need to put a couple together for my show tonight.:)

great idea!The take 5 idea is great! I don't think I've always done a good job at planting the seed at shows. But this is a really fun way of approaching it. Thanks so much:) I'm doing a mega show tomorrow with 3 coming that are interested, might have to make some of these up!

I like the "take 5" idea my hosptitailty director uses these. I have also tries the coupons, I just haven't found an effective "recruiting pitch" yet. How do you create the recruiting atmosphere at your shows though, to get them to take the packets?

Last edited:
For those of you who have been using the Take 5 bags, how many recruit leads and how many recruits can you credit to using them?

Thanks!
Lisa

1. What is "Recruiting Seed During Shows"?

"Recruiting Seed During Shows" is a marketing strategy where companies or organizations use events or trade shows to attract potential employees or partners by showcasing their company culture, values, and available job opportunities.

2. How does "Recruiting Seed During Shows" work?

During events or trade shows, companies set up booths or tables to engage with attendees and promote their company and job opportunities. This allows them to network and connect with potential candidates, and potentially attract top talent to join their team.

3. What are the benefits of "Recruiting Seed During Shows"?

The main benefit of "Recruiting Seed During Shows" is the opportunity to connect with a large pool of potential candidates in a short amount of time. It also allows companies to showcase their unique company culture and values, which can attract top talent who align with their mission. Additionally, it can save time and resources by targeting a specific demographic or industry at a trade show or event.

4. How can companies make the most out of "Recruiting Seed During Shows"?

To make the most out of "Recruiting Seed During Shows", companies should thoroughly plan their presence at the event or trade show. This includes designing an attractive and informative booth, training employees on how to effectively engage with attendees, and having a clear and concise message about their company and available job opportunities. Companies should also follow up with potential candidates after the event to continue the recruitment process.

5. Is "Recruiting Seed During Shows" an effective recruiting strategy?

Yes, "Recruiting Seed During Shows" can be an effective recruiting strategy if executed properly. It allows companies to directly engage with potential candidates and showcase their company and job opportunities in a more personal and interactive way. However, it may not be suitable for all industries or types of job positions, so it's important for companies to evaluate if it aligns with their recruitment goals and target audience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefheidi2003
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
PCJenni
  • leshelman
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • kdangel518