• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New Consultant to Do First List

In summary, starting out as a new consultant can be overwhelming, but there are important steps to take to set yourself up for success. These include familiarizing yourself with company policies, setting up your consultant account and website, attending training, making a list of potential hosts and customers, utilizing social media, practicing your pitch, attending events, following up with customers and hosts, keeping track of expenses and income, staying organized, and not being afraid to ask for help.
alidafrizzell
Gold Member
Just wondering if anyone has a "recent" checklist in detail of the things for a New Consultant to do? I have a new consultant who is having a hard time grasping ALL that she needs to do... I want to create a what to do first type list for her to follow that gives detail on where to go... what to do and all of that. Before I do that I thought I would ask if anyone has already done this? I know that CC has a very nice section.... but it is not detailed enough for what I need... This new consultant is very social! She loves people, loves to talk, has NO problem with the shows... but is scared to death of the computer end of it all! YIKES! Hope I can help her overcome this!

There is a great check list in the Succeed with Us booklet that comes in their kit. The first things that I think they need to do is:
Set up a second bank account for their pc business
Check their calendar and mark the dates they can host parties in their first 30 days
Find the first 5 people they will contact about PC
Get business cards

As a fellow consultant, I completely understand the overwhelming feeling of starting out and trying to figure out all the necessary steps. Here is a checklist I have put together for new consultants that may be helpful for your team member:1. Familiarize yourself with the company's policies and procedures: This is important for understanding the rules and regulations of being a consultant and how to conduct business ethically.2. Set up your consultant account and personal website: This is where you will track your sales, orders, and manage your business. Make sure to customize your website with a personal photo and message to make it more inviting for potential customers.3. Attend new consultant training: Most companies offer new consultant training either online or in person. This is a great opportunity to learn about the products, business practices, and ask any questions you may have.4. Make a list of potential hosts and customers: This can include friends, family, coworkers, and acquaintances. Reach out to them and offer to host a party or share your products with them.5. Utilize social media: Take advantage of the power of social media to promote your business. Create a business page on Facebook and Instagram and regularly post about new products, promotions, and events.6. Practice your pitch: Be prepared to talk about your business and products confidently. Practice with friends or family to get comfortable and refine your pitch.7. Attend local events and vendor fairs: This is a great way to get your name out there and network with potential customers and hosts.8. Follow up with customers and hosts: After a party or event, make sure to follow up with customers and hosts to thank them for their support and offer any additional assistance they may need.9. Keep track of expenses and income: It's important to keep track of your business expenses and income for tax purposes. Find a system that works for you, whether it's a spreadsheet or an app.10. Stay organized: As your business grows, it's important to stay organized with orders, inventory, and customer information. Find a system that works for you to keep everything in order.11. Don't be afraid to ask for help: As a new consultant, it's completely normal to have questions and need help. Reach out to your upline or other consultants for guidance and support.I hope this helps your team member feel more confident and organized in her new role as a consultant. Best of luck to her!

What is a "New Consultant to Do First List"?

A "New Consultant to Do First List" is a list of tasks and action items that a newly hired consultant should complete in their first few weeks on the job. It helps them get acclimated to the company and their role, and ensures they have a clear understanding of their responsibilities.

Why is a "New Consultant to Do First List" important?

Having a "New Consultant to Do First List" helps the new consultant prioritize their tasks and stay organized during their first few weeks on the job. It also sets expectations for what is expected of them and can help them feel more confident and prepared in their new role.

What should be included in a "New Consultant to Do First List"?

A "New Consultant to Do First List" should include a mix of tasks, such as completing HR paperwork, setting up meetings with team members, familiarizing themselves with company policies and procedures, and starting to work on client projects. It should also include any specific tasks or training that are unique to the consultant's role or the company.

Who creates the "New Consultant to Do First List"?

The "New Consultant to Do First List" is typically created by the consultant's manager or a designated onboarding team. They should work together to ensure the list is comprehensive and tailored to the consultant's role and the company's needs.

When should a new consultant receive their "New Consultant to Do First List"?

The "New Consultant to Do First List" should ideally be given to the consultant on their first day or during their onboarding process. This will allow them to start working on tasks and getting acclimated to their role right away.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dannyzmom
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
dannyzmom
  • AJPratt
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
sherri lynn
  • cincychef