• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can multiple individuals become consultants together for The Pampered Chef?

In summary, a mom and two adult daughters approached the speaker at a cooking show with questions about the opportunity of becoming consultants. They wanted to know if they could recruit a team rather than an individual and divide the cost of the starter kit among them. The speaker suggested that it would be better for one of them to officially sign up and for the others to sign up under that person. This would allow them to work together and potentially earn more money. The speaker also mentioned the importance of considering logistics and taxes when working as a team. Other examples of successful team arrangements were also discussed.
melissa3026
At my last cooking show, a mom and two of her adult daughters were in attendance. They approached me after the demo with questions about the opportunity and stumped me on a question.

How does it work with recruiting a team rather than an individual? The 3 women want to do it together. Based on their conversation with me, I'm guessing they want to cut the cost of the starter kit by dividing it amongst them but I'm guessing that only one of them would actually be a consultant. Is this correct? Can we put three names on a contract?

Personally, I'd like to be able to have them all get kits and be individual consultants who happen to work together but I'm not sure how this would work. We are still talking about the opportunity but I told them I wanted to get clarification on how the "Team" of consultants would work. Any thoughts?

It is my understanding that they each would have to purchase the kit. 2 could do the mini and one the regular though. When I was approached with a similar situation, the mom was going to sign and the daughter and daughter in law were going to sign under under. Automatic team leader once she met sales. Not too shabby.

If only one signs up, only one is officially a consultant. The others can help-put packets together, carry products to/from show, wash dishes, greet guests, etc. But, the one that is officially the consultant is the one who must do the demo, correspond with h.o., etc. The official consultant is the one insured, not the others. The others cannot represent themselves as independent consultants.

Honestly, they are better off signing one with you, and the other 2 signing under the one (she would then be a team leader). The more shows they do individually, the more money they make. Of course, they can do mega shows together, meetings/training together, help eachother at vendor events, and such.

I have had a couple of teams. One was an aunt/niece team. I recommended that they consider carefully who signed up. Who would do the demo, who would keep at it if the other couldn't continue... The niece signed. The aunt helped at the shows by doing dishes, helping with check out etc. They had another aunt doing their taxes so she took care of figuring out who got paid what. It worked for them. Another was a mother/daughter. The daughter was too young but really wanted this. The mom signed. I made it clear that she had to do the demo. I know the daughter helped her but the mom did do most of it. Another was husband/wife. He is the consultant and she helps with check out and paperwork. It can work, they just have to figure out the logistics. I'd sign the one that's most interested and then continue to discuss them branching out to be able to do more parties by someone signing under the first person.

They need to be aware that whoever signs will be responsible for the taxes on the income with the 1099. I knew one-half of a team of two friends. They both signed. They worked together for a while. I think they did shows together but swapped as to who was submitting it. One dropped off so by the time I met the other one, she was the only one still doing it. Also have them think about down the line with incentives, ie. if they earn a trip, it's in the name of the consultant so that person has to go. I agree with the others that you suggest that the person who wants the fuller schedule and bigger paycheck sign up first and the others sign under her. You can give a general overview of how the first person to sign-up will get a wee percentage extra when the others sign up. The override system can be a bit confusing, even to people who are consultants.

Thanks for the feedback! You all pretty much confirmed what I was thinking. I think I will definitely lay it out on the table and explain that it would be better for one to start and the other two to sign up under the original.

1. What is the difference between recruiting teams and recruiting individuals?

Recruiting teams involves hiring a group of individuals to work together towards a common goal, while recruiting individuals refers to hiring individual employees to work independently.

2. Which is more effective, recruiting teams or individuals?

The effectiveness of recruiting teams versus individuals depends on the specific needs and goals of the company. In some cases, a cohesive team may be more productive and efficient, while in others, hiring individuals with specialized skills may be more beneficial.

3. How do you determine whether to recruit teams or individuals?

To determine whether to recruit teams or individuals, companies should consider the nature of the work, the skills and experience required, the company culture, and the budget. They may also consult with HR professionals or recruitment agencies for advice.

4. What are the advantages of recruiting teams?

Recruiting teams can bring a diverse range of skills and perspectives to a project, leading to more innovative and effective solutions. Team members can also support and motivate each other, leading to improved productivity and morale. Additionally, recruiting teams can help distribute workload and prevent burnout for individual employees.

5. What are the advantages of recruiting individuals?

Recruiting individuals allows for more specialized roles and can be more cost-effective for the company. It also allows for more flexibility in terms of hiring for specific projects or tasks, rather than committing to a full team. Additionally, individual employees may have a stronger sense of ownership and accountability for their work.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedcheermom
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • chefann
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
cmdtrgd
  • Lexif424