• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Embracing Diversity: Recruiting a Muslim Candidate from Jordan

In summary, the Muslim woman is apprehensive about starting her own business, but has a few friends who are practicing Muslims. She and her friends will try to find people to help her start her business, and if she is comfortable with them, she will invite their friends and family.
otisbg
Gold Member
Good morning!
I have a possible new recruit who is Muslim , from Jordan. She will be excellent if she decides to sign, but is so very apprehensive as she feels that folks may not feel comfortable with her due to her ethnicity. Is anyone here a practicing Muslim or have anyone on their team? Let me know your thoughts.....:confused:

Wow...guess this may be a dilemma! no replies

I would go over her list of 100 with her. Help see how many people she already knows that would want to help her start her business. If she is comfortable with these people, they would invite their friends and family, thus telling them "this is my friend, I'm excited for her and we're going to love her and her new business."

pchockeymom said:
I would go over her list of 100 with her. Help see how many people she already knows that would want to help her start her business. If she is comfortable with these people, they would invite their friends and family, thus telling them "this is my friend, I'm excited for her and we're going to love her and her new business."

I was thinking along the same lines. If she starts her business of with her friends and family, and then gets bookings from their friends, etc.....

I would have her do her 100 & call HO to see if they can refer a person... Good luck to her!!

You do have a few people out there who might show prejudice, but those are the same type of people who might be prejudice against someone of any ethnic background other than "white", not like someone because they are too heavy, too thin, too blonde, too cute, too ugly, have tattoos, moles or freckles, etc. Everyone encounters the weirdos who take one look & decide there's something they don't like about us. But most of the world is more intelligent and judges a person by their character not their appearance. Tell her we all have to just "bless & release" sometimes & focus on the ones who are there for the fun! "If you think you can, or you think you can't ... you're probably right!" If she goes in there with her head held high, proud of who she is and what she's representing she'll do great! If she goes in timid & expecting the worst, she'll probably find it. Life's too short to care about what the morons think. You just can't argue with "stupid" ... ;)

I want to thank you for taking time to address my concerns. We will try and tackle this soon. She is in another state so we plan to talk this weekend. Great ideas from great people!:love:

1. What is "Apprehensive Recruit"?

"Apprehensive Recruit" is a term used to describe a person who is hesitant or anxious about joining a certain group or organization, such as the military.

2. Why do people become apprehensive recruits?

There are many reasons why someone may become an apprehensive recruit. Some common reasons include fear of the unknown, concerns about personal safety, and doubts about their abilities to meet the expectations of the group.

3. How can one overcome apprehension when joining a group?

There is no one-size-fits-all solution to overcoming apprehension when joining a group. However, some strategies that may help include doing research about the group beforehand, talking to current or former members, and seeking support from friends or family.

4. What are some tips for recruiters to address apprehension in potential recruits?

Recruiters can help address apprehension in potential recruits by being honest and transparent about the expectations and experiences of being a member of the group. They can also provide resources for potential recruits to learn more about the group and address any concerns they may have.

5. Can apprehension be a positive thing for recruits?

While apprehension can be a challenging emotion to deal with, it can also be a positive thing for recruits. It can motivate recruits to prepare and work harder, and it can also help them make informed decisions about whether the group is the right fit for them.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamlevy
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Sheila
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • lockhartkitchen